Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2295

1       2       3              2295      
       2297              5888       5889       end

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

leighton w wrote:
Thanks John, Georg, Ben and Ray! Nikki performs admirably!

And Ben, you were right, I set the camera on a bench with the timer set to 10 seconds and ran into position.

Really?? I was kidding. That is fantastic!!

I've always wanted to go to Monticello - but I suspect it's one of those place I'll never get to - but I'm so pleased to see your pics and know that at least nikki's been there.

ben

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9308

Beautiful shot Leighton. I am glad you got yourself into the picture with her. One thing I'm really glad I insisted that he did after we found out about the cancer, was to go get some photos done of the two of us. There weren't any of the two of us together, and I have some of those printed and hanging on the wall now.

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Here's a couple from Nikki's visit to Monticello.

I love these shots. It's been years since I visited Virginia and I appreciate the photos. This one is especially nice!

Thanks Leighton and Monty, it was time for me to stop sitting at home and to get going on this. I've been saying it since summer, and this morning after I'd gone to have some blood work drawn, I came home, sat down, and finally said get up off your butt and get going. Went in, registered, took the reading, English, and math placement tests, and don't need any remedial classes, placed into Intermediate Algebra, not bad for as many years out of school that I am The program has about a two year waiting list, but if I do well enough on the classes, I can be bumped up the waiting list.

leighton w wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some crazy person went to college this morning and signed up for four heavy duty classes.. Chemistry, Algebra, English, and Psychology... school starts Monday.

Congrats Laura, you make me have a headache just thinking about all of that!

montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some crazy person went to college this morning and signed up for four heavy duty classes.. Chemistry, Algebra, English, and Psychology... school starts Monday.

VERY COOL!!!!
Great mixture of classes! I am partial to the sciences! Glad to see you are pursuing them

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

Trey cool, I went back to college at 40 and it was worth it to me. I know I took it more serious and learned more than when I went as a 20-somethiing.

David

montym
Total Posts: 4717

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Beautiful shot Leighton. I am glad you got yourself into the picture with her. One thing I'm really glad I insisted that he did after we found out about the cancer, was to go get some photos done of the two of us. There weren't any of the two of us together, and I have some of those printed and hanging on the wall now.

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

I love these shots. It's been years since I visited Virginia and I appreciate the photos. This one is especially nice!

Thanks and Monty, it was time for me to stop sitting at home and to get going on this. I've been saying it since summer, and this morning after I'd gone to have some blood work drawn, I came home, sat down, and finally said get up off your butt and get going. Went in, registered, took the reading, English, and math placement tests, and don't need any remedial classes, placed into Intermediate Algebra, not bad for as many years out of school that I am The program has about a two year waiting list, but if I do well enough on the classes, I can be bumped up the waiting list.

leighton w wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

Congrats Laura, you make me have a headache just thinking about all of that!

montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

VERY COOL!!!!
Great mixture of classes! I am partial to the sciences! Glad to see you are pursuing them

Oh ya. what a GREAT picture!
You're looking good Leighton!

montym
Total Posts: 4717

Higgs and the Christmas tree

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

Thank you Leighton, Ronny and Georg.

Monty liked the particle and the bokeh;

Ronny, great horse head isolation;

Leighton, you are confirming once more what a great and sharp lens the "old lady" is.

asiostygius

montym wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

VERY COOL!!!!

Oh ya. what a GREAT picture!
You're looking good Leighton!

Agreed!
And just to confirm white-bearded guys are the rule over here !

asiostygius

The Savanna Hawk (Heterospizias meridionalis) from my last field trip.

Savanna Hawk with Nikkor 800mm f/5.6 AIS EDIF by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + 800mm f/5.6 AIS EDIF + tripod, ISO 100 f/8 at 1/320s. ~ 30% cropped.
The hawk was 40+ metres away.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Wonderful to see you and Barbara in this fine photo. I'm also delighted that you've taken our friend Nikki on an historic tour of Virginia. Lovely set, but this one makes me smile...

I guess this is what farmers do during the winter...

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

DTOB wrote:
Winnipeg and the Red River is host to the longest skating trail in the world.

I walked along the river for a while yesterday on my way back from the store and caught a couple people (and a pooch) enjoying the mild (-20c with wind) weather.

105/2.5

Dylan, I really like the first image here. Great candid of the skater and very nice background rendering.
Scott

CGrindahl

NightOwl Cat wrote:

You've heard about "old dogs" learning new tricks... it is true...

Congratulations Laura. It is never too late to explore our passions, whether for photography or learning. Well done!

mp356

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny, you did a very nice b&w conversion here. Like this a lot!
Scott

CGrindahl

montym wrote:

Delicious shot Monty! I haven't been around of late, so I missed the addition of the 50 f/1.2 AI to your kit. Well done!

Your new friend seems to be settling in. That is wonderful.

CGrindahl

mp356 wrote:
montym wrote:
I think I need new glasses...

Monty, look at all those lenses!

mp356

leighton w wrote:

Great series with Nikki Leighton! I like the first image and the reflecting pool image. The self portrait is not bad either. I visited there once and it is a beautiful place. Even though it is the winter, it does not look to unseasonable in your images.
Scott

mp356

montym wrote:

Higgs is looking good. Did he have fun Christmas Day?
Scott

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

asiostygius wrote:
The Savanna Hawk (Heterospizias meridionalis) from my last field trip.

Savanna Hawk with Nikkor 800mm f/5.6 AIS EDIF by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + 800mm f/5.6 AIS EDIF + tripod, ISO 100 f/8 at 1/320s. ~ 30% cropped.
The hawk was 40+ metres away.

What a shot Jose! This one is par-excellence at it's best

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1941

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

+1 nice self portrait, and as mentioned in another post, I like the low angle of the shot.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1941

Monty, I like the optometrist shots.

Dylan, I've heard of this skating trail, looks like fun, and an neat alternative transportation mode in the winter. Godd shots too, esp the sharp MF capture on the second shot.

A little late, but Leighton, I've gone back to look at the following shot a bunch of times, great image!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8403

montym wrote:

Love it Monty. I bet with 90% accuracy I could pick your images out of a pile just due to the style (which I really like).

- John

1       2       3              2295      
       2297              5888       5889       end