Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2293

1       2       3              2293      
2294
       2295              4365       4366       end

raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 1532
Country: N/A

Is it just me or that butterfly is out of focus just like the bottom of that image? Thanks for sharing, Laura.



And last night, I did a little bokeh test at MFD, using the anniversary card I found while cleaning Wednesday morning. He would have been 60 today.




MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Hey all, please bare with me. I recently purchased a new monitor and I'm testing the colors on it. And since this image has a lot of different colors I decided to use it as the guinea pig. The first one was processed using my old monitor, and the second obviously with the new one

The second one looks more natural on my monitor.
.





mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4403
Country: United States

asiostygius wrote:
Palm tree trunk with epiphytes - a vertical pano attempt with 3 horizontal shots:


Palm tree trunk with epiphytes - a vertical pano with 3 horizontal shots by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 K (ai'd) ED non IF, ~8m of distance.
ISO 800, wide open at 1/80s; hand held, but supported on a windowsill.
This is the bark of the same tree the thrush was eating fruits.



Very nice Jose.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4403
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Now that my monitor seems to be in the ball park, I'd thought I'd share this image from this morning. The sky was showing some nice alpen glow. And guess what? No more sensor spots! Shot with the 105mm f2.5.



Leighton, not BaaaaahhhhhdddD at all.



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Now that my monitor seems to be in the ball park, I'd thought I'd share this image from this morning. The sky was showing some nice alpen glow. And guess what? No more sensor spots! Shot with the 105mm f2.5.

Beautiful colors



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7836
Country: United States

In case you were wondering what the setup looked like...



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Foggy14 wrote:
I was playing around with the PK-13 extension tube on my 105mm 2.5 ais last night. The subject was a Western Electric 300B audio tube that puts out some nice warm colors in a long exposure.

Cheers, Jeff.

Fabulous photo Jeff I love it!



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Foggy14 wrote:
I was playing around with the PK-13 extension tube on my 105mm 2.5 ais last night. The subject was a Western Electric 300B audio tube that puts out some nice warm colors in a long exposure.

Cheers, Jeff.

Fabulous photo Jeff I love it!







mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4403
Country: United States

NightOwl Cat wrote:
In case you were wondering what the setup looked like...



Good golly Laura! Is there a camera on the end of that thing?



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

NightOwl Cat wrote:
decided tonight to shoot the moon. grabbed the tripod, the V1, TC-301, and 300mm f/4.5 ED IF AI-s. don't look Jose.




Sharp and detailed - very nice Laura






MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Here are a few shots from my Karaoke show last night. On Tuesday night we have an early show that is aimed at seniors. It is such a fun night, we get to hear many of the classics. Most of them are terrific singers. Here's a few shots using the 85mm 1.4 and the 35mm 1.4



Top pics, Ray

Thank you Peter



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
huddy wrote:
More from Nikki in McGregor.
I often have difficulty using Nikki indoors due to her longer focal length and low light levels; the early darkness of winter also limits my shooting. I've made sure to put her to good use these past two days.



Very good use - good variety of very nice shots

I agree whole heartily. I Love the photos of you happy family!



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
Took the 50 f2 out for a few quick snaps of our tourist "mecca" yesterday en route to the golf course.

Nothing spectacular but thought Rocky might enjoy this dog having its fortune told..

I love that shot Peter. It really tells a story







MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

asiostygius wrote:
Palm tree trunk with epiphytes - a vertical pano attempt with 3 horizontal shots:


Palm tree trunk with epiphytes - a vertical pano with 3 horizontal shots by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 K (ai'd) ED non IF, ~8m of distance.
ISO 800, wide open at 1/80s; hand held, but supported on a windowsill.
This is the bark of the same tree the thrush was eating fruits.

What beautiful color. I would love to see your part of the world some day!



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4047
Country: South Africa

leighton w wrote:
Hey all, please bare with me. I recently purchased a new monitor and I'm testing the colors on it. And since this image has a lot of different colors I decided to use it as the guinea pig. The first one was processed using my old monitor, and the second obviously with the new one.


Leighton, each of these has its points - personally I prefer the darker barn, which I feel is the focus of the image.



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4047
Country: South Africa

montym wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Took the 50 f2 out for a few quick snaps of our tourist "mecca" yesterday en route to the golf course.

Nothing spectacular but thought Rocky might enjoy this dog having its fortune told..


Nice! Although I thought the dog was the fortune teller
I'd trust his prediction as much as woman's



It's the cards, Monty, the cards - which predict that you have more MF lenses to come .... and soon



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4047
Country: South Africa

asiostygius wrote:
Palm tree trunk with epiphytes - a vertical pano attempt with 3 horizontal shots:

D7000 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 K (ai'd) ED non IF, ~8m of distance.
ISO 800, wide open at 1/80s; hand held, but supported on a windowsill.
This is the bark of the same tree the thrush was eating fruits.


Well done, Jose, seamless.



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4047
Country: South Africa

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Love the fortune teller, Peter,

And last night, I did a little bokeh test at MFD, using the anniversary card I found while cleaning Wednesday morning. He would have been 60 today.



Thanks Laura and be strong through the anniversaries, holidays and birthdays. You are amazing and have so many memories to remind you of the richness of the love you shared.

Peter



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4047
Country: South Africa

Foggy14 wrote:
I was playing around with the PK-13 extension tube on my 105mm 2.5 ais last night. The subject was a Western Electric 300B audio tube that puts out some nice warm colors in a long exposure.

Cheers, Jeff.


Jeff, a subject that probably predates the lens you used, very well captured.



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4711
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
Palm tree trunk with epiphytes - a vertical pano attempt with 3 horizontal shots:

D7000 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 K (ai'd) ED non IF, ~8m of distance.
ISO 800, wide open at 1/80s; hand held, but supported on a windowsill.
This is the bark of the same tree the thrush was eating fruits.

What beautiful color. I would love to see your part of the world some day!


+1
You are really bringing Brazil to life for us. Just beautiful! That 400mm in you hands is wonderful!



1       2       3              2293      
2294
       2295              4365       4366       end