Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2274

1       2       3              2274      
       2276              3809       3810       end

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2213

As a side note to the above, my love of French wines is one that can never be stopped! As soon as I can afford to rise above the ranks of French wines, I would love to venture into the more covetd varieties!

_DSC6252 by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2838

We have a great variety of wines in France. Not only Bordeaux, Bourgogne or Champagne wich are very expensive (execpt from a few little producers).
For example one can find excellent and traditionnal wines in Loire valley (Chinon, Bourgueil, Saumur, Vouvray) or in Alsace ( Riesling) for less than USD15.

But what we do best is Cognac!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2838

"Ti amo" :

a.RodriguezPix

Lieutenant Z wrote:
We have a great variety of wines in France. Not only Bordeaux, Bourgogne or Champagne wich are very expensive (execpt from a few little producers).
For example one can find excellent and traditionnal wines in Loire valley (Chinon, Bourgueil, Saumur, Vouvray) or in Alsace ( Riesling) for less than USD15.

But what we do best is Cognac!

And Medoc!

a.RodriguezPix

One more this time in B&W!
_DSC3772 by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

Cropped

a.RodriguezPix

one last thing before bedtime here in 3 AM California! If I had money, i'd buy this guys Rollei-Rolleiflex, he sys he's going use the money for All of the money will go to my trip on the World Race to 11 Countries over 11 Months working with orphans, homeless, gypsies, human trafficking, hospitals, and giving hope to the hopeless. Which is a very nobel cause in my mind! GLWS guy, and hope you suceed!
Rollei Rolleiflex F&H, 3.5F Type 4, TLR,Planar 75, Heidosmat 75mm F2.8 view lens

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rollei-Rolleiflex-F-H-3-5F-Type-4-TLR-Planar-75-Heidosmat-75mm-F2-8-view-lens-/290817529343?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item43b61355ff

leighton w
Total Posts: 8592

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Alan's first blog post! We expect great things out of Texas!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2012/11/alans-first-post.html

leighton w

montym wrote:
Here's another one of my silly little dog.

I've said it before, I really starting to like shooting at f/1.2

I like the way the light sorta matches Rocky's color. How can you not love the Rock!

leighton w

jhinkey wrote:
raboof wrote:
D600 might be my next one I am happy with my D700 but it looks like the D600 might extend my acceptable ISO range a bit more since I like shooting in the dark.

28mm f2.8

Love shots like this - they really capture the moment!

+1 Really nice!

leighton w

huddy wrote:
Chuong, very well done. That one is a shot to remember.

Here is a huge pano from the latest Nikki post I am working on. I though it would be a good treat.
SpaceX Rocket Development Facility in McGregor, TX:

If you look on the far left, you will see a water tower and tall cylindrical white object on stilts. That white cylinder is Grasshopper, a 10-story VTOL rocket that currently is capable of taking off and landing itself upright... I don't remember it's maximum altitude or flight time right now, but we hear tests of it nearly every day, sometimes many times a day.

IIRC, the large white/gray metal building is where the company assemble Falcon 9 rockets for testing.

The large tripod looking structure next to the water tower in the middle is a vertical test structure for fully configured Falcon 9 rockets. I've been on the top of the concrete part. It's over 100 feet tall. I think the top of the structure is roughly 260 feet tall and has quite a view of the surrounding area. I don't know what the grid like structure next to that is. The various other outbuildings and mounds of dirt are used for fuel storage, testing of single engines on the ground etc.

When a full launch test is simulated, everything here in town shakes and it is very, very, very loud. If the weather conditions are correct, the rockets will make large streams of clouds along the ground that are miles long. The first large test caused several residents to think it was the apolcalypse. The company now posts signs along highways to notify the town of very large tests!

Interesting story Alan. I've come away with one thought after looking at this image. And that's how anyone can live where it's so flat!

leighton w

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
One more this time in B&W!

Cropped

Americo, I like the cropped version the best. You have improved your technical skills quite a bit, keep it up!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3317

Had a super busy week, weekends spent as part of the organizing team for our management's retreat.
Went to recce the hotel lobby for a good location, obligatory group photo and all that.
Thought of this thread and squeezed in a 9 shot pano just for you guys Handheld with the 35/2 AI

Amara Sanctuary Sentosa by Zichar, on Flickr

funwithlight
Total Posts: 301

Nice one, Zichar....sweet looking hotel

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

Since it seemed to be 55 week it only seemed appropriate to use my new one. Family pics of my sister and brother in law. I call him the Hasselblad man. I think he told me he shot just shy of 500 weddings with one in the 70's. He is such a handy guy when your shooting. "ah just set it on F8 and about a 100th that should do it". Now he loves to bartend.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7185

Nikon V1, FT1, 300mm f/4.5 at 4.5

NightOwl Cat

I have several panoramas I did in Feb/Mar this year trying to get just the right light from the vantage point in the cemetery, however, since the gates open at 8am and close at 5pm, it doesn't leave a lot of good light to work with. I was running anywhere from 600-1000 shots through ICE. Some of the results were "interesting" to say the least. Buildings are about 1.5 miles away

James Markus wrote:
I second Laura's suggestion about MS ICE. Been using it for quite a while now...after using auto stitch for years. ICE is magic..however, I did run into a few images it couldn't do this summer - and they happened to be mixes of land and lake/sea.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2463

John, impressive sunset;

Americo, I am loving your last sets;

Monty, great Rocky photos, as usual;

Laura, what cat portrait with your 810mm f/4.5!

NightOwl Cat

I'm not much of a wine person, but I do know those need to be resting on their side though, Americo.

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
As a side note to the above, my love of French wines is one that can never be stopped! As soon as I can afford to rise above the ranks of French wines, I would love to venture into the more coveted varieties!

montym
Total Posts: 4692

Just thought I inform you that the Powerball jackpot is up to $425 Million and I just purchased the winning ticket.

On Thursday I will be buying one of EVERYTHING! Maybe I should start now

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2463

James Markus wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:
James Markus wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
James the 24mm 2.8 AIS is a wonderful close focus lens that is defiantly on par with with the 28mm 2.8 I had a chance to shoot with both of those lenses side by side and could see no difference in quality. Here's a shot taken with the 24mm 2.8 AIS

The 24mm is cooler in color that the 28mm but on this landscape the clarity is much the same. The sharpness is the same even at 200%

Ray, I liked both versions, and the composition too.

1       2       3              2274      
       2276              3809       3810       end