Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2274

1       2       3              2274      
       2276              5891       5892       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Monty, that may be the cutest dog I've ever seen! My dog Jed good eat him in one mouth full!

montym
Total Posts: 4717

leighton w wrote:
Monty, that may be the cutest dog I've ever seen! My dog Jed good eat him in one mouth full!

I don't know. Higgs is SOOOOO FAST. I suspect he could hop in and out of Jed's mouth b/4 he had a chance to bite down.

You should see him and Rocky play. Higgs darts in and out at Rocky before Rocky know what hit him

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

leighton w wrote:
I love these Georg. At first glance I thought the first one was a spoon.

The last one is intriguing me, the more I look at it the better I like it. Whats making the OOF points at the bottom, cool effect.

+1

I thought it was a spoon too at first. I like the shot with the 85mm.

Chin - thank you for the guitar shots. Yes, of course, a straight shift - I didn't think about that - that's the basic function. I was thinking stitching multiple shifted shots - saves having a pano head (where there's a foreground element).

I really like the 45PCE . I had thought the 24 PCE would be too wide but Phillippe is really turning me. God help me - I'm going to have to sell everything I can lay my hands on.

ben

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
I have been editing some photos that I had been neglecting for quite a while. These were taken with the 80-200mm 4.5 AI These shot of Billy Ocean were taken at Disney. Here a link to the entire folder. http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/p898490856

h

These are outstanding Ray! I love the first one and the second one. Very well processed to boot.

I sometimes think about selling my 80-200mm and then I use it. It well good be the sharpest of the MF zooms. It's no wonder that it's listed as a professional lens.

+1
when Leighton's right, he's right.

Scott these are wonderful. Don't know how far away you were - but they are so crisp - especially that last one.

ben

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Monty, "Higgs loves the snow" is a really lovely photograph!

Ben, thanks! I also thought the mussel with seaweed looks like a spoon ;-)
The shift-mechanism of the newer PC-lenses works great for quick panos (much better than the old 28PC).
On my D700/D3s I can get a 7200by2800-pixel pano in a few seconds, or a 5700x4200 stitch from vertical shots.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8411

montym wrote:

Very cool dog. Nice sot.

I'd like to see how he holds up in the snow though!

+1 Great image Monty.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8411

Some time ago there was talk of using the filters built into the 16/3.5 AI and what happens when you accidentally use them.
Here's an example. You can salvage the shot, but it's hard and you never quite get back to the color you wanted.

John

huddy
Total Posts: 1888

I'm going to play the devil and mention Ferdi's 105/1.8 AI-S in excellent shape here: LINK. I know someone has need of it! I'd bite but I am set in the fast lens department in that range with my 85/1.8G.

box185
Total Posts: 28

x

kings_freak
Total Posts: 952

huddy wrote:
I'm going to play the devil and mention Ferdi's 105/1.8 AI-S in excellent shape here: LINK. I know someone has need of it! I'd bite but I am set in the fast lens department in that range with my 85/1.8G.

Yeah, that was the one I sold him Alan. Which I just bought back! That was one of those lenses that I regretted selling as soon as I did it. Thankfully I have a couple of AF lenses that will be up for sale that can cover the cost.

Tony

fsiagian
Total Posts: 2350

Thanks Alan. Tony, love with lead you (the lens) back

One day I will get that glasses with half/half +/- whatever it's called. Then, I will get (again) my 4 MF lenses:

1. 105mm F1.8 AIS
2. 135mm F2 AIS
3. 180mm F2.8 AIS ED (in mint condition )
4. 50mm F1.2 AIS

If I can get more:
5. 35mm F1.4 AIS
6. 28mm F2.8 with CRC

kings_freak

Georg, Leighton, Mark & Alan - Thanks for the comments on my pano!

Georg - Love the beach shots with that 85 PC-E. #3 is my favorite.

Chin - Great work in the guitar store. I'm sure your client will be very happy.

Ronny - Congrats on your new lenses! Excellent dog portraits.

Tony - Nice pano with Nikki. Not the easiest of subjects for a stitch!

Ian - Very interesting style. It not my usual thing, but I like looking at it!

Monty - Higgs is just too adorable! You have been posting some great shots of him.

John - The color seems fine on my monitor, does that mean I need to calibrate??

kings_freak

fsiagian wrote:
Tony, love with lead you (the lens) back

Too true! Thanks again, Ferdi!

Tony

kings_freak

A few from around work tonight.

Tony

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2488

Back to Two Peaks, the sun set was not great so I decided to show you the nearby islands. Nikkor 50-300mm ED D800. First looking south to downtown San Diego with the sunset Balloons

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Norhwest to Santa Catalina with palomar airport, the encinas power plant and batiquitos lagoon

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego santa catalina d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr
Don't clean your monitor, the black speck in the photo is a helo, here is a crop of the circle K at the right bottom edge

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego santa catalina d800 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

West to San Clemente Island and San Elijo lagoon

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego san clemente d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

South to Coronado Islands

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego coronado islands Mexico d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

kings_freak

rafaelcasd wrote:
Back to Two Peaks, the sun set was not great so I decided to show you the nearby islands. Nikkor 50-300mm ED D800. First looking south to downtown San Diego with the sunset Balloons

I like the shot looking towards San Clemente. Cool, sky reflections in the water at the bottom and great colors. We still have to meetup to go shooting!

Tony

Zichar
Total Posts: 3761

Thanks guys, did most of my work with the 14-24mm then walked around the store for detail shots.
Here's a few more:

sweelee_007 by Zichar, on Flickr

sweelee_006 by Zichar, on Flickr

Zichar
Total Posts: 3761

Missed out on the white version.

sweelee_011 by Zichar, on Flickr

sweelee_012 by Zichar, on Flickr

kings_freak

Anyone know where to get an HN-6 or HS-3 hood or any one that is compatible with the 55mm 1.2 SC? I haven't been able to find one. I am using the HR-2 rubber hood now which works fine, but like Curtis, I like the aesthetics of the metal hoods.

Tony

kings_freak

Chin - Nice detail shots of the guitars and I really like the first shot.

Tony

1       2       3              2274      
       2276              5891       5892       end