Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2267

1       2       3              2267      
       2269              4366       4367       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7836

It does, but you get used to it.

leighton w wrote:
Great samples Georg. I bet it's strange holding that tiny camera with these lenses on it.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2678

Last night the sky was so clean that this was possible with a 1280 x 1.5 (D7000) = 1920mm telephoto wide open:

Moon with a 1280mm f/9 telephoto wide open 800plustc16a by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + TC-16A teleconverter + Nikkor 800mm f/5.6 AIS IF-ED + tripod + remote trigger.
ISO 250, f/9 (wide open, f/5.6x1.6= f/8.96) at 1/160s.
The exif shows 1200mm f/9.5, but this is because the menu for inputing non- cpu lenses does not have f/9 or 1280mm. ~25% crop.
Even though f/11 or f/16 will deliver slightly better results, this is to show how this lens is good wide open even with a TC.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2678

Laura and Georg:
What are your general impressions with the V1 + FT-1 adapter use with MF Nikkors?
Is the viewfinder OK for focusing? There is a dot for confirmation of focus? Is metering possible?

montym
Total Posts: 4711

asiostygius wrote:
Last night the sky was so clean that this was possible with a 1280 x 1.5 = 1920mm wide open:

D7000 + TC-16A teleconverter + Nikkor 800mm f/5.6 AIS IF-ED + tripod + remote trigger.
The exif shows 1200mm f/9.5, but this is because the menu for inputing non- cpu lenses does not have f/9 or 12800mm. ~25% crop.
Even though f/11 or f/16 will deliver slightly better results, this is to show how this lens is good wide open even with a TC.

Man oh Man!!!
That is beautiful!!!

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Now that I am back home, I can start to eat normally again....

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7836

Neat! Hoping I have some snow soon, too, even though the window installers will be here starting Tuesday...

montym wrote:
THe sauna in the snow...

Playing with my Expo disk. I had it for years and never used it. WHen I went out this morning the white balance was WAY off. Blue. For this picture I used the Expo disk. THe WB is a bit closer

Think Beverly Hillbillies, and the cement pond

Chuong, loving it. Wish I'd known it was going on that night, maybe next year

montym wrote:
montym wrote:
raboof wrote:
Very nice portraits from Ray.
Great shots from Monty's 16mm
Love the BW from Ian
Jame's foggy images are great.

I am still hanging on my balloons... 180mm

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I don't understand how this picture was taken. The water in the front. IT looks like the balloon people are a bit below the water.... and where were you when you took the picture?

James, I hope your mom is as feisty as she looks in this photo

James Markus wrote:
Thanks for all the comments on the foggy photos...I added one here as well as one of my mom from Thanksgiving.
Drive-by Shooting
I shot this at about 50 mph as I went through an onion field. MF Nikkor 50mm f1.2 ais

My mom is a bit north of 93 yo. Nikkor 50mm f1.2 ais

Lovely image, Ray, can't wait to try one out myself

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's one I shot with the 85mm 1.4.

+2Ian Boys wrote:
georgms wrote:

the not so bright ones von georgsfoto auf Flickr
christmas-fair is already open - 55/1.2 Ai, aperture not recorded, probably wide open
for shots taken handheld framing and focusing is difficult with the V1's finder

Marvellous.

Looks like the same person that did Boston City Hall (shudder)

philipj wrote:
A black and white study of the brutalist Medical Sciences building on the University of Toronto campus, with the 28mm f/2.8 AI-s this afternoon. I am not usually a fan of this kind of architecture, but this building has some (important qualifier!) interesting angles.

James Markus
Total Posts: 4465

Laura,
She is still tough. Her expression was one of "biting her lip". My seven kids hosted the dinner this year, and they started telling stories. This photo (two of my sons David and Jesse) kind of shows the atmosphere at the time I took her photo.

NightOwl Cat wrote:

James, I hope your mom is as feisty as she looks in this photo

James Markus wrote:

My mom is a bit north of 93 yo. Nikkor 50mm f1.2 ais

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

MERRY BOKEH EVERYONE!!

_DSC3581 by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

_DSC3620 by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13310

I'll have to catch up tomorrow. I really need to go to bed, but I've spent much of the day and evening processing photos from yesterday and need to post one photo before turning it.

As I mentioned there were two babies present, one a bit over two months old and one ten days old. Here is a photo of the youngster on his father's lap... Shot with the 85 f/1.4 AI-s at f/2 in manual mode because of the poor lighting. Post processing was a challenge for that reason as well.

Mother and dad are researchers in the medical field, both with Ph.D. degrees, both working at UC San Francisco and both from Finland. They told the story yesterday about the birth of their child. Husband and wife share an interest in rock climbing and are in extremely good physical condition. When Maikki began having contractions, Ville, her husband was at the laboratory where there is lousy cell phone service and terrible land line service. Eventually she reached him and he rushed home. They proceeded to WALK the five hundred yards to the birthing center where she had the baby. When it was time to leave the hospital, they were told they could not be discharged until they produced a car seat for the baby. The fact they'd walked to the hospital and intended to walk home was beside the point. Ville had to walk home and bring the car seat back before they would release mother and child... who then walked home as Ville carried the car seat.

I'll share more photos from the day, but not until I've caught up with what I missed over the last two days. Now to bed!

a.RodriguezPix

CGrindahl wrote:
I'll have to catch up tomorrow. I really need to go to bed, but I've spent much of the day and evening processing photos from yesterday and need to post one photo before turning it.

As I mentioned there were two babies present, one a bit over two months old and one ten days old. Here is a photo of the youngster on his father's lap... Shot with the 85 f/1.4 AI-s at f/2 in manual mode because of the poor lighting. Post processing was a challenge for that reason as well.

Mother and dad are researchers in the medical field, both with Ph.D. degrees, both working at UC San Francisco and both from Finland. They told the story yesterday about the birth of their child. Husband and wife share an interest in rock climbing and are in extremely good physical condition. When Maikki began having contractions, Ville, her husband was at the laboratory where there is lousy cell phone service and terrible land line service. Eventually she reached him and he rushed home. They proceeded to WALK the five hundred yards to the birthing center where she had the baby. When it was time to leave the hospital, they were told they could not be discharged until they produced a car seat for the baby. The fact they'd walked to the hospital and intended to walk home was beside the point. Ville had to walk home and bring the car seat back before they would release mother and child... who then walked home as Ville carried the car seat.

I'll share more photos from the day, but not until I've caught up with what I missed over the last two days. Now to bed!

CGrindahl, Great heart warming story, with the perfect photographic memory to boot! You've gotta love those hospital staff, for there caring, and awesome work they do! Of course I have extreme love for all things UC San Francisco, and its branches during my family's ordeal, so I am obviously going to be biased! I must say congratulations to these fine parents, and thank them for their contributions to society! Thanks again, for your time, and sharing their fantastic memories!

saph
Total Posts: 2435

Jose, the moon's upside down! Superb again!!

At that magnification you should try some of the planets. I believe you should be able to see the rings of Saturn and a pretty good look at Jupiter.

Samy

asiostygius wrote:
Last night the sky was so clean that this was possible with a 1280 x 1.5 (D7000) = 1920mm telephoto wide open:

Moon with a 1280mm f/9 telephoto wide open 800plustc16a by labecoaves, on Flickr

The exif shows 1200mm f/9.5, but this is because the menu for inputing non- cpu lenses does not have f/9 or 1280mm. ~25% crop.

saph

Laura, very nice! Thanks for putting that up, it gives good perspective on how tiny the V1 is.

Samy

NightOwl Cat wrote:
It does, but you get used to it.

leighton w wrote:
Great samples Georg. I bet it's strange holding that tiny camera with these lenses on it.

saph

Americo, neat how the cat's snout is perfectly framed in the bokeh bubble.

Samy

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
MERRY BOKEH EVERYONE!!

saph

Ray, that's a super capture.

MDoc9523 wrote:
James the 24mm 2.8 AIS is a wonderful close focus lens that is defiantly on par with with the 28mm 2.8 I had a chance to shoot with both of those lenses side by side and could see no difference in quality. Here's a shot taken with the 24mm 2.8 AIS

a.RodriguezPix

saph wrote:
Americo, neat how the cat's snout is perfectly framed in the bokeh bubble.

Samy

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
MERRY BOKEH EVERYONE!!

Thank you very much, however, I owe great thanks to my model Kitty, Luna Bleu.Rodriguez, plus a few outtakes! She is a very awesome daughter, and model!

_DSC3627 by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

Luna Bleu! by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

_DSC3612 by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

saph

The 800 AIS at KEH is gone. I think Monty got it, so he doesn't need the 400 any more

Samy

asiostygius wrote:

Monty, don't forget it :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-400mm-f5-6-ED-AIs-Lens-/160925264083?_trksid=e11010.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BP%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BIIUM%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D3%26pmod%3D300817913868%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3669987637535934839&_qi=RTM1240448

Just US$ 227.00 at the moment!

adh67
Total Posts: 561

asiostygius wrote:

Great moon shot!

Bert

adh67

Almost ready to go to bed, I will try to catch up tomorrow. Here are a few taken while taking a rest day from work and computer. I was playing around with multiple flashlights a bit.

Bert

leighton w
Total Posts: 9582

jhinkey wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Looks like we might get another new Noct? http://nikonrumors.com/2012/11/22/new-nikon-58mm-f1-2-lens-patent.aspx/

I was going to post this earlier, but you beat me to it.

The article also points out that Nikon also published a patent for a 50/1.2 AFS back in 2010 - so who knows when or if we'll see either one of these. I'm sure the 50/1.2 AIS will not decrease much in value as a new 50/1.2 AFS will likely be $2K-ish kind of lens. Who knows what a 58/1.2 AFS will go for, though if they do come out with one it will likely depress the astronomical prices for the 58/1.2 MF version just like the 28/1.4D prices fell when the 28/1.8 AFS came out . . . .

If they do eventually come out with the Noct, I wonder how much better it will be after the benefits of computer design.

adh67

saph wrote:
Ray, that's a super capture.

+1 on that shot

1       2       3              2267      
       2269              4366       4367       end