Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2260

1       2       3              2260      
       2262              5892       5893       end

montym
Total Posts: 4717

Not sure, but I may get spanked for posting this one.

Tonight at my wife's family Christmas party Eric and I swapped lenses. Eric owns my old D700. THe D700 has my 55 f/1.2 on it. (THe one I bought from Matt) The photo was taken with Eric's 50mm f/1.4 AF.

I walked around and a took a LOT of pictures using Erics lens. You will not be surprised that I've really gotten the AF bug out of my system. I definitely enjoy shooting manual more than AF. I'm almost as fast with MF as I am with AF. THe biggest surprise was that my keeper rate is about the same with AF and MF.

Last week it was the fancy Canon AF. THis week it's the Nikon AF. I'm MF through ans though!

Monty

zippy_monster
Total Posts: 158

So we got a bit of Christmas rain out here. Just the kind of weather for a few plastic bags, and lenses without fancy electronic gizmos. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near my fancy electronic gizmo with Lightroom, so I'm working with a Capture NX2 trial.

D600 - 105/2.5 Ai - 10sec - /11 - ISO 100

montym

zippy_monster wrote:
So we got a bit of Christmas rain out here. Just the kind of weather for a few plastic bags, and lenses without fancy electronic gizmos. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near my fancy electronic gizmo with Lightroom, so I'm working with a Capture NX2 trial.

D600 - 105/2.5 Ai - 10sec - /11 - ISO 100

I Absolutely Love It!
Well executed

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1944

An in-between Christmas moment at the in-laws today.

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

montym wrote:

Tonight at my wife's family Christmas party Eric and I swapped lenses. Eric owns my old D700. THe D700 has my 55 f/1.2 on it. (THe one I bought from Matt) The photo was taken with Eric's 50mm f/1.4 AF.

I walked around and a took a LOT of pictures using Erics lens. You will not be surprised that I've really gotten the AF bug out of my system. I definitely enjoy shooting manual more than AF. I'm almost as fast with MF as I am with AF. THe biggest surprise was that my keeper rate is about the same with AF and MF.

Last week it was the fancy Canon AF. THis week it's the Nikon AF. I'm MF through ans though!

Monty

Monty - is that the 50 1.4G?? you will definitely be spanked but I like the shallow depth of field - he's so blurred and the right side of his glasses almost disappear.

ben

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5073

Like the last image Ray ... 85an 1.4 looks really good
Want my lenses that I ordered now! ;-) (Not a ais 85 1.4 though )

Great shots Monty and zippy_monster

Ronny //

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

montym wrote:

Monty

montym

But it's a picture of a Manual Focus Lens!!
But more importantly, I am no longer lustung for Autofocus lenses!
Initially it was a money thing. MF lenses are so affordable when compared to their AF counterparts. Now I prefer them. Thanks folks! You saved me a lot of money and I have a bunch of very cool lenses!

Monty

montym

The carnage

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

Conga-rats to Leighton for placing in this week's assignment. Tough competition this week but you represented!

David

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

bruni wrote:
mp356 wrote:

Scott - the pic is misleading - most of the forecourt of the Opera House is a building site, has been for the last couple of years - you can see the hoardings on the bottom left of the pic - I cropped them out. You don't see that angle often because there's an 8 foot spiked fence blocking the view - but like an idiot I climbed over it.

That's a great snow shot - especially for us. don't know what that tree is?

ben

Hi Ben
Thanks for the comment and the info on the Opera House.

The plant in the photo is known around here as a "burning bush". Bright red foliage in the fall and then these berries. It is considered an invasive species in some areas as it is not native.
Scott

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

David Antilley wrote:
Conga-rats to Leighton for placing in this week's assignment. Tough competition this week but you represented!

David

+1 Leighton. Congratulations on a very nice image! Here is the link to it:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1174537

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Scott perfect focus with the 50 2.8 !

Ben great series!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Same place, same time, same lens (24 PC E) , same camera (D90) , two shots

box185
Total Posts: 28

x

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Like the last image Ray ... 85an 1.4 looks really good
Want my lenses that I ordered now! ;-) (Not a ais 85 1.4 though )

Great shots Monty and zippy_monster

Ronny //

Thank you Ronny. Which lens did you order? Curious minds want to know

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Another shot from Christmas. A little girl and her new doggy. Shot with the D7000 and 35mm 1.4 AIS

bruni

montym wrote:
The carnage

had no idea you vegans were so messy - thought you ate carrots and shredded lettuce - how messy can that be?

ben

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 3767

Merry Christmas everyone!

Here's Faye and an old Star Wars poster at iso 4000 (!) on a Nikon Series E 50mm ...

Faye / Star Wars by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

bruni

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Same place, same time, same lens (24 PC E) , same camera (D90) , two shots

stop with this Phillippe - you're killing me. Yesterday in the post Christmas lull I found myself cruising the net looking for a 24mm PCE bargain - as if! But I resisted.

These are interesting - the second shot looks like you could have taken that with a non PCE lens - help me out and tell me that the PCE didn't really add much.

ben

1       2       3              2260      
       2262              5892       5893       end