Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2247

1       2       3              2247      
       2249              3798       3799       end

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Dear All,

I've barely had time to keep up with all the great work on this thread, let alone to thank all the people who deserve it for the inspiring work they keep posting here.

Just a couple that really caught my eye as I've been flicking through - Ray's frost pattern on the roof, Matt's self portrait and Ian's Early morning light picture.

Of course also excellent stuff from everyone else!

georgms
Total Posts: 3025

Alan, love your "living-room-sports-shot"! Your son looks like he is pretty fast underway - congrats to the perfect focus ;-)

Monty, cool portraits taken with the 55/1.2! The image of Jay is very, very nice!

Nima, now that's a photo with a message!

Matt, excellent mini-series of Brandon preparing the turkey! Using an oversized syringe to add some Tabasco (? ;-) into the turkey seems to be quite an adventure (and maybe relief from the therapy) for Brandon.

John, my jaw just hit the keyboard (hope that's accurate English) - a truly spectacular landscape!

Ian, I'm really glad that you've found this thread! Thanks for sharing your inspiring work!

georgms
Total Posts: 3025

Samy, thanks! The Sigma-lens was in a much better shape back then (2000 or 2001 or so) and I was really surprised that the crane made a tiny piece of glass crack out of the front lens. The coating-damages and scratches were added later and by a human, not by other animals ;-)

MarkdV

I'm beginning to think that the 55mm f2.8 micro I bought is cursed. Ever since I bought it I've not had a chance to get out and do any photography, except for a days event work for the company that pays me usually to sit behind a desk all day. I've not even had the chance to try out it's main selling point for me, getting this baby on some tubes and doing some macro photography. I hope to change that this weekend but not sure I will get the chance as the chore list is getting quite long and a lot depends on what the doctor says on Friday.

Still, I have at long last managed to get at least one shot with this lens worth posting, a rare nice day here in Switzerland recently. I have to say I was really impressed by how it caught the details in this shot at f5.6

A couple of others from the same day with the 28 and 105mm

deang001
Total Posts: 1494

huddy wrote:
Very nice shots everyone. I got back several rolls of developed 35/120 Portra and 120 Ektar so I figured I'd share a 35mm shot that I'm pretty sure is from my 50/1.2:

Little man on the move
Portra 160 + 50/1.2 + F100

That's a terrific shot, Alan !! Portra is very nice and you put it to perfect use there. Good to see the little man is doing well

deang001

Ian Boys wrote:
A rare colour one from me - 50mm f1.2 @f2:

Gee, you're very good, Ian ... this is a great image.

deang001

georgms wrote:
I've spend a little extra-time at the local city-harbor. Here are some shots taken with the 55/1.2 Ai, all wide open and on the D700.

Very nice, Georg.

deang001

MarkdV wrote:
I'm beginning to think that the 55mm f2.8 micro I bought is cursed. Ever since I bought it I've not had a chance to get out and do any photography, except for a days event work for the company that pays me usually to sit behind a desk all day. I've not even had the chance to try out it's main selling point for me, getting this baby on some tubes and doing some macro photography. I hope to change that this weekend but not sure I will get the chance as the chore list is getting quite long and a lot depends on what the doctor says on Friday.

Still, I have at long last managed to get at least one shot with this lens worth posting, a rare nice day here in Switzerland recently. I have to say I was really impressed by how it caught the details in this shot at f5.6

I love the "Under sail" image, Mark. It has a real dreamy quality about it.

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 1635

Agreed - love the light in that one.

MarkdV

deang001 wrote:
MarkdV wrote:

I love the "Under sail" image, Mark. It has a real dreamy quality about it.

Thanks Dean,

I really like the image quality of this lens, and for the price it's really amazing. It's just that for some reason I struggle to like to use it, I don't know why but when I compare the qualitive feel to it vs how the 50, 55 or 105mm lenses feel to use I just don't like it. Which offends my analytical mind so I force myself to use it more so I suppose that's good in a peverse way.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2826

Mark, great set, especially 1st one, just stunning!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2826

I just bought a 85 1.8 HC.
First shot with it :

stedge
Total Posts: 835

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Mark, great set, especially 1st one, just stunning!

I second this.

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 3916

deang001 wrote:
Ian Boys wrote:
A rare colour one from me - 50mm f1.2 @f2:

Gee, you're very good, Ian ... this is a great image.

You (and everyone) should hit his flickr page. Talk about amazing stuff. I get lost in just browsing the collections! This guy has serious talent!

Matt

montym
Total Posts: 4692

saph wrote:
Monty, there's a Noct on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Noct-Nikkor-1-2-58-Ai-173262-/261002393365

montym wrote:
Acidnaut wrote:
No!
Noct 58 f/1.2 D600

YES!!!!
I'm really starting to like f/1.2

That is crazy! $4500
I'd get one of those cool fisheyes first and have money left over for a power meter for my bike

montym

Lieutenant Z wrote:
First shot with it :

The master of street photography strikes again!
Great capture!

montym

Last night our local Camera Store brought goodies for us to lust after for Christmas!
In this series Ashley demonstrates the proper use of a tripod

MarkdV

montym wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
First shot with it :

The master of street photography strikes again!
Great capture!

Indeed, as usual great timing. But judging by the poster in the background that lens has some severe pincuishion distortion.

So Philippe, how many 85mm lenses do you own?

MarkdV

montym wrote:
Last night our local Camera Store brought goodies for us to lust after for Christmas!
In this series Ashley demonstrates the proper use of a tripod

Brilliant! I don't think that in the last shot the guy quite realises the trouble he's in...

raboof
Total Posts: 1333

Ian - Great shots. Thanks for posting them.
Mark - Love your images. Beautiful place
Philippe - Very nice shot. I assume that this is a tunnel of some sort because the "distortion" on the picture's frame.

1       2       3              2247      
       2249              3798       3799       end