Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2247

1       2       3              2247      
       2249              5885       5886       end

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Ray, hats off to you for getting back into film and still coming up with stellar images.

Curtis?? Hmm why does that name sound familiar? Welcome back Curtis and cute cat on the steps.

Philippe, that was a very nice pic on one of the recent pages, don't expect anything less from you!

Monty, that's a good chunk of snow on those branches, very nice. No snow here so far but next couple days supposed to be very windy so I will just enjoy Reagan's and other folks warm photos from warmer climes in the meanwhile.

Happy holidays and upcoming new year everyone, and hope to get more time to catch up on the thread, and take a few more photos in a bit better weather maybe Sunday!

Samy

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Thank you Samy. Film is not dead although high quality scans are not easy to come by without some very expensive equipment.

montym
Total Posts: 4717

Footprints and Doggyprints...
and yes, it's still snowing..

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2483

Slabshaft wrote:
Thanks for the comments everyone. I will put the exif data up when I get home tonight. It did use a second exposure to get more detail out of the wood and blended them in PS.

Here is another, just for fun. Same lens: 24mm f/2.8 AI. Not as good of the composition I think, but the sky is just so nice! I hardly did anything to enhance it, just some white balance and bringing up the shadows a bit.
]

Wonderful John.

I feel very handicapped, not only is my aesthetic muse plain, I get no beatiful sunset light, and there no abundance of critters, like at Jose's. No Snow. So ended up doing the usual, went for a drive and found a new spot, two peaks in San Marcos, yes two not twin. Used the 50mm 1.4 SC and the 16mm 3.5 on the D800.

Early winter afternoon, boring light beautiful place. You can span150 miles from the San Bernardino mountains to downton san diego. Looking Soutwest.

Looking South East.

Looking northeast, that is Palomar mountain, the San Bernardino Mountains and San Jacinto Peak, just peeking behind Palomar. Palm Springs is behind San Jacinto.

Finally this is Northwest, Carsbad, Oceanside, Palomar airport, and Santa Catalina Island. This is all of Southern California.

Time to leave

MDoc9523

Monty what a great shot. I saw on the news a big snow storm headed your way, so be careful driving
Rafael that is a fantastic view and some great shots. I'm not sure I would want to leave

Slabshaft
Total Posts: 339

I like the perspective from in the car. Setup the tripod behind you and do a long exposure while driving downtown. That would be pretty cool with the Vette!

Slabshaft
Total Posts: 339

fyffem wrote:
Slabshaft wrote:
Another one with my 24mm f/2.8 AI on the D600. Nice wintery weather at Sunset Crater national monument.

What a stunning and captivating shot! Will you please provide exif data? Thanks.

EXIF Data:

Nikon D600
24mm f/2.8 AI
3.0 seconds @ f/16
ISO 200

Yes, Arizona is good for the best sunsets you will ever see. Truly amazing light here.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1471

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Samy. Film is not dead although high quality scans are not easy to come by without some very expensive equipment.

Hey Ray, I've had good luck with North Coast Photo on E-6 processing and scanning. They'll process 36 slides and give you a disc with 3339 x 5035 scans and an index sheet for about $25, shipping extra. They do a strong mail order business with customers from all over the world and, surprising as it sounds, are investing in new film processing equipment.

Here's their website: http://www.northcoastphoto.com

I don't mean to sound like I'm shilling for them. I have no interest in their business other than being a satisfied customer who hopes that they stay around to offer a choice of media for photographers.

MDoc9523

Thank you Jeff I will check them out.

Foggy14

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Jeff I will check them out.

You're welcome Ray. Hope they can help.

Foggy14

Here's one for tomorrow.

Find a dramatic sunset, blow the highlights to smithereens and, voilą, doomsday!

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4110

looks like a doomsday nuke bomb went off! Nice one!

Matt

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4110

fyffem wrote:
Slabshaft wrote:
Another one with my 24mm f/2.8 AI on the D600. Nice wintery weather at Sunset Crater national monument.

What a stunning and captivating shot! Will you please provide exif data? Thanks.

This is both spectacular and amazing.

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Wake up too early on the Mayan DDay and first thing I see is Jeff's image of our sun turning supernova Cool shot Jeff!

Rafael, very nice scenic views!!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4208

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Peter, that's from the Opera of Nancy!

Oosty

CGrindahl wrote:
This seems like an interesting place...

My name is Curtis and I LOVE Nikon MF lenses... and as Douglas MacArthur said when he left the Philippines during World War II... "I shall return." Happy to see the thread is in such capable hands... and I mean all of you.

I did take a photo today... with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd... for Laura, Rinie and all those who love cats. My neighbor, who up to now has not been willing to accept any rubs... perhaps another time.

Happy holiday to everyone. My life has been rather crazy and photography simply has not been happening. Lets see what the coming weeks have in store...

Welcome back, Curtis. Are you sure you haven't rubbed this cat up the wrong way? A very furry fellow indeed.

Oosty

Ray - love the hibiscus. Well done.

John - very nice images and welcome to the thread

Rafael - excellent scenics - wow but there are a lot of people there!

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

Thank you everyone commented my images.

Monty, that snowny path with 16/3.5 is terrific;

John, another killer scaenario with the moon, welcome to the thread;

Rafael, as usual, sharp pictures and great PP;

Curtis, lovely cat and welcome back;

Jeff, what a sunset, well done!

For all of you, Merry Christmas, since I am leaving right now for the countryside until 28-29 December.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12614

montym wrote:
Footprints and Doggyprints...
and yes, it's still snowing..

Very coooool shot Monty!

leighton w
Total Posts: 12614

Foggy14 wrote:
Here's one for tomorrow.

Find a dramatic sunset, blow the highlights to smithereens and, voilą, doomsday!

Hey Jeff, now that's a different look!

1       2       3              2247      
       2249              5885       5886       end