Total Posts: 5101

Acidnaut wrote:
No!

58mm f/1.2 D600

Love the shot and what a exciting lens!

MDoc9523

pbraymond wrote:
This one is an MF recreation, I took an almost identical one a few days before this, but it was with an AF lens and handheld. The frost conditions repeated themselves, and this time I used the 200 f4 AI and tripod mounted it to get a little more DOF.

Love the shot Ray

Ray

MDoc9523

Matt OHarver wrote:
Prep night in the studio. I have the D3s and 85MM F1.4 in my hand, taken with the 105MM F1.8 on the D4 strobe assisted. You know you are An old photographer when you pull up the image in lightroom and use the eyedropper for white balance and try to pick just the right spot in your hair to get the WB right!

MJO_2950 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt

What a beautiful lens Matt and that's a Perfect shot. My 85mm 1.4 came today, can't wait to give it a work out

MDoc9523

huddy wrote:
Very nice shots everyone. I got back several rolls of developed 35/120 Portra and 120 Ektar so I figured I'd share a 35mm shot that I'm pretty sure is from my 50/1.2:

Little man on the move
Portra 160 + 50/1.2 + F100
]

What a cute shot Alan

MDoc9523

Matt OHarver wrote:
Monty I see you have found a new friend! The difference between F1.2 and F1.4 doesn't seem that big numerically, but to me it's huge in DOF! You are doing wonders with it already! It took me 3 days to get one in focus shot with it when I first got it!

Matt

+1

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4069

huddy wrote:
Very nice shots everyone. I got back several rolls of developed 35/120 Portra and 120 Ektar so I figured I'd share a 35mm shot that I'm pretty sure is from my 50/1.2:

Little man on the move

This is very cool! What flash do you have on your camera?

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4069

montym wrote:
BUSY day. We worked on the club website, out for dinner, then a photo club meeting.

At the meeting tonight was started a "question and answer" session. About 10 minor so. All we want to do is get a dialogue started. Yours truly leads he discussion. Lucky for me the first question was how to blur the background in a photo I started yapping about f-stop and getting close to the subject. Of course my ever-present camera was at my side. And yes, it had my new 55mm f/1.2 AI on it (Thanks Matt!) As a demo I knelt in front of Jay with the lens wide open and snapped a picture. I just did it for a special effect. I didn't expect it to be in focus.

Surprise!!!

This is a great shot and shows character in your subject. Even better that it's in focus!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5996

Still picking through my Haleakala shots and worked a bit on this one tonight.
Pretty good crop from the 200/4 AIS.

John

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5996

Not sure why FM is downsizing my images.

Here's a direct link:

John

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13129

pbraymond wrote:
This one is an MF recreation, I took an almost identical one a few days before this, but it was with an AF lens and handheld. The frost conditions repeated themselves, and this time I used the 200 f4 AI and tripod mounted it to get a little more DOF.

DELICIOUS! I love graphical work and this fits the bill. Nicely seen and executed.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13129

MDoc9523 wrote:
Matt OHarver wrote:
Prep night in the studio. I have the D3s and 85MM F1.4 in my hand, taken with the 105MM F1.8 on the D4 strobe assisted. You know you are An old photographer when you pull up the image in lightroom and use the eyedropper for white balance and try to pick just the right spot in your hair to get the WB right!

MJO_2950 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt

What a beautiful lens Matt and that's a Perfect shot. My 85mm 1.4 came today, can't wait to give it a work out

Very funny Matt... Pretty sweet kit my friend with those two lenses hanging around. I'll take both of them on Thursday when spending the day with my "family of choice" for Thanksgiving. My real family lives elsewhere so I've found dear friends with whom I share the holidays.

Just remember "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill..."

saph
Total Posts: 2322

That's funny Georg, the crane ate the coating

georgms wrote:
Peter, awesome portrait of the crowned crane! The backlight works great. One of these birds actually pecked a small spot in my old Sigma 14/2.8 - about 12 years back I was shooting curious cranes at the local zoo and was getting very close to the fence. Too close, a "plock" and that lens had a scar. After looking at your wonderful picture I took the battered lens out of the cabinet and tried to take a picture of the "scar":

the spot about 2/3 high on the left side was caused by a crowned crane - D700, 55/1.2 on tubes

saph

Philippe, the ancient is holding its own from your picture despite being surrounded by the moderns, well seen!

Samy

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Thank you leighton.

The quarrel of the Ancients and the Moderns :

saph

Very nice portrait Ian. Those 1.2's and 1.4's are best for portraits at f2 or so, otherwise its all bokeh like Monty said

Ian Boys wrote:
A rare colour one from me - 50mm f1.2 @f2:

Ian_Boys[/url], on Flickr

saph

Georg, I like this shot, for some reason I got wrapped around ripples recently. Never came across an icebreaker before, mid Atlantic's too warm for that

Samy

georgms wrote:
I've spend a little extra-time at the local city-harbor. Here are some shots taken with the 55/1.2 Ai, all wide open and on the D700.

Heimat XXXVII von georgsfoto auf Flickr
unusual shape: bow of an icebreaker - I like this shot, I'm just not sure about it's processing

saph

Looks like one of my cats escaped and is living down in VA in a barn

Nice shots both Leighton.

leighton w wrote:
You know it's cold out when you see smoke in the valley from all the woodstoves. The second one is what the well dressed farmer wears doing chores, along with one of the barn cats.

saph

Looks like fun Kevin, just thought of this, try extension tubes on the crystals when they are ready

Samy

kwoodard wrote:
Girls are out of school for the holiday, decided to do some chemistry

The experiment creates glowing crystals... Will probably take a few weeks to finish. Will post pics of those when done.

Emma and I hope you enjoy!

saph

Monty, there's a Noct on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Noct-Nikkor-1-2-58-Ai-173262-/261002393365

montym wrote:
Acidnaut wrote:
No!
Noct 58 f/1.2 D600

YES!!!!
I'm really starting to like f/1.2

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2091

huddy wrote:

Little man on the move

You've done an amazing job with the focus - I imagine he was going quite fast! Nice cheerful shot too.

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2091

Kat's Eye 3

50mm f1.2 @ f1.4

Katseye 3 by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

1       2       3              2246      
       2248              4265       4266       end