Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2246

1       2       3              2246      
2247
       2248              5890       5891       end

Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4210
Country: South Africa

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Peter, ALL the guys married to italian women are very lucky!


I know! Maybe that's why Ingrid is keeping me on a string!



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4210
Country: South Africa

Lieutenant Z wrote:
85 HC :



My last stay in Paris was in a small hotel just near the Opera - just a great area. I enjoyed the pic.



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4717
Country: United States

asiostygius wrote:
Wow, jaw dropping scenario John!
The moon is very special in the composition.

+1.
Beautiful Picture!



Lieutenant Z
Registered: Nov 21, 2010
Total Posts: 3777
Country: France

Peter, that's from the Opera of Nancy!



Lieutenant Z
Registered: Nov 21, 2010
Total Posts: 3777
Country: France

georgms wrote:
I'm nit-picking now: it would benefit from a minimal rotation clockwise in my opinion.


You're right, Georg, well seen! Thanks!



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4717
Country: United States

georgms wrote:
Philippe, wow, another stellar shot! I like the synchronized goers and the standing man as a pictorial anchor/foundation (sorry, don't have the words). I'm nit-picking now: it would benefit from a minimal rotation clockwise in my opinion.


+2
yep! Very Very cool!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Lieutenant Z wrote:
85 HC :


I like this a LOT!



fyffem
Registered: Aug 15, 2012
Total Posts: 23
Country: United States

Slabshaft wrote:
Another one with my 24mm f/2.8 AI on the D600. Nice wintery weather at Sunset Crater national monument.




What a stunning and captivating shot! Will you please provide exif data? Thanks.



montym
Registered: Jul 19, 2003
Total Posts: 4717
Country: United States

We got a little snow today!
This is looking out the 2nd floor conference room window.



Foggy14
Registered: May 01, 2010
Total Posts: 1472
Country: United States

Leighton and Georg, thanks for the comments.

Georg, your tree/zip line photo with the 85mm is just terrific!

Leighton, love the sheep shot and the evening sky. Beautiful work.

Monty, "Takin' Notes" is one for your book of really fine b&w photos.

Chin, nice one of the pup in a box.

Ray, congrats on the beautiful FA. I liked your first scans, especially #1.

Kevin, really nice shots with the 50mm E. The 8 ball shot is great!

Jose, after looking at your terrific wildlife work I'm torn between shooting more animals and just giving up. Great stuff!

Reagan, really like the paddle boarder shots.

Mark, nice ones of the Italian bubble lady and bath time.

Rafael, beautiful rainy day colors.

John, sunset crater is a really nice image.

Philippe, "Opera" is a gorgeous photo.



charles sharpe
Registered: Jun 14, 2008
Total Posts: 123
Country: United Kingdom

Hello.

Many thanks for the stunning images of the owls and the birds. If I can get my images like that I will be well pleased.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

This seems like an interesting place...

My name is Curtis and I LOVE Nikon MF lenses... and as Douglas MacArthur said when he left the Philippines during World War II... "I shall return." Happy to see the thread is in such capable hands... and I mean all of you.

I did take a photo today... with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd... for Laura, Rinie and all those who love cats. My neighbor, who up to now has not been willing to accept any rubs... perhaps another time.



Happy holiday to everyone. My life has been rather crazy and photography simply has not been happening. Lets see what the coming weeks have in store...



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Welcome back Curtis! We have been missing you and here you are with another great shot. You really know how to make an entrance



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

montym wrote:
We got a little snow today!
This is looking out the 2nd floor conference room window.

Nice snow shot Monty. I know snow is pretty tough to meter and you've done an excellent job!



DTOB
Registered: Oct 07, 2010
Total Posts: 1359
Country: Canada

montym wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
DTOB wrote:
I only use the dot when it's dark. Otherwise I just go by eye.


My eyes are not as good as yours, so I made these simple tests to extract the best from each lens


I go by the dot.
If I have time when shooting I move the focus ring back and forth a bit....



Change out your screens.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
This seems like an interesting place...

My name is Curtis and I LOVE Nikon MF lenses... and as Douglas MacArthur said when he left the Philippines during World War II... "I shall return." Happy to see the thread is in such capable hands... and I mean all of you.

I did take a photo today... with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd... for Laura, Rinie and all those who love cats. My neighbor, who up to now has not been willing to accept any rubs... perhaps another time.


Happy holiday to everyone. My life has been rather crazy and photography simply has not been happening. Lets see what the coming weeks have in store...


I thought maybe you had been in an underground bunker waiting for the end of the world!

Welcome home!



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Here's another shot using the Nikon FA and the 300mm 4.5 EDIF





Slabshaft
Registered: Oct 02, 2012
Total Posts: 339
Country: N/A

Thanks for the comments everyone. I will put the exif data up when I get home tonight. It did use a second exposure to get more detail out of the wood and blended them in PS.

Here is another, just for fun. Same lens: 24mm f/2.8 AI. Not as good of the composition I think, but the sky is just so nice! I hardly did anything to enhance it, just some white balance and bringing up the shadows a bit.



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

Phillipe, love the opera shot
Monty, B/w with snow well done
John, you made a nice entrance into the thread with those 2 shots


Reagan



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Cool light on the snow!

Slabshaft wrote:
Thanks for the comments everyone. I will put the exif data up when I get home tonight. It did use a second exposure to get more detail out of the wood and blended them in PS.

Here is another, just for fun. Same lens: 24mm f/2.8 AI. Not as good of the composition I think, but the sky is just so nice! I hardly did anything to enhance it, just some white balance and bringing up the shadows a bit.




1       2       3              2246      
2247
       2248              5890       5891       end