Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2234

1       2       3              2234      
       2236              5889       5890       end

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

rankamateur wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
Thanks for the good news Ron. Just waiting the arrival of the ai ring from Ray. The lens I have in hands is a "F" version, impossible to mount on my D3 or D7000!

All I can picture is you lying on the ground about 1ft away from some Raptor trying to get a picture with the 16 3.5!

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4110

I had the morning off and with all that happened yesterday in CT. and overnight here(local Sheriff officer ambushed and killed in the line of duty) I took a much needed walk with Brandon to clear my head and spend some time with him. I took the 85MM and the 35MM and the D3s

MOP_6644 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MOP_6642 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MOP_6637 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MOP_6633 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

My parents were driving by on main street and stopped to give my little buddy a kiss and tell him hi.

MOP_6631 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Very nice pictures Matt. The one with Brandon and his reflection, and the camel nose closeup, particularly.

Try to hide from the news about war and violence by getting some quality time with photography, but its futile.

Couple of Christmas lights pics with the 85 1.4 AIS.

The tree..

1/25s, f2, ISO160. Camera balanced on back of chair.

The reflections of the lights..

1/10s, f4, ISO250. On tripod.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

jhinkey wrote:
Dylan -
I've only accidentally used the filters on the 16/3.5 - when I've accidentally moved the selector for the filters - then I found it almost impossible to get the color right in post.

I can see how you'd have to have something HUGE (or something perfectly spherical to wrap around the lens) in front of the lens for a filter in order to not get it in the picture.

Not sure what else to say I guess.

John

I suppose there isn't much else that could be said!

I wasn't sure if you shot with it at all on film. Mine will probably get used on Tri-x or FP4 at least half the time. It is actually really cool to me that it has built in filters.

Of course on digital I'll have to remember to flip them out.

Does the AF-D version also have this feature?

Thanks!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

Southern California Winter Sunset today, the rain stopped. 35mm 2.0 ais, a lens I do not like. (Very loose focus ring by design, sharp center and contrasty at all apertures but humongous field curvature, best at short distances)

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 8.0 D800 California winter 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

rafaelcasd

DTOB wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
Dylan -
I've only accidentally used the filters on the 16/3.5 - when I've accidentally moved the selector for the filters - then I found it almost impossible to get the color right in post.

I can see how you'd have to have something HUGE (or something perfectly spherical to wrap around the lens) in front of the lens for a filter in order to not get it in the picture.

Not sure what else to say I guess.

John

I suppose there isn't much else that could be said!

I wasn't sure if you shot with it at all on film. Mine will probably get used on Tri-x or FP4 at least half the time. It is actually really cool to me that it has built in filters.

Of course on digital I'll have to remember to flip them out.

Does the AF-D version also have this feature?

Thanks!

AFD has rear bayonet filters.

asiostygius

rafaelcasd wrote:
Southern California Winter Sunset today, the rain stopped. 35mm 2.0 ais, a lens I do not like. (Very loose focus ring by design, sharp center and contrasty at all apertures but humongous field curvature, best at short distances)

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 8.0 D800 California winter 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Rafael, anyway a beautiful picture with this lens.

asiostygius

I promise, these will be the last deep grey skies/stormy clouds shots (since I have no more pictures left ). Apologies for the size, but the originals were 3-4x larger!

Two 5 vertical shots panos at northeast (first) and south (2nd) views from my apartment:

Deep grey sky over the city with Nikkor 135mm f/2 AIS by labecoaves, on Flickr

Late and cloudy afternoon. A 5 vertical shots pano.
D7000 + 135mm f/2 AI-S (manual focus) + tripod + remote trigger.
ISO 100, f/8 at 1/3s.

Menacing clouds pano with Nikkor 135mm f/2 AIS after sunset by labecoaves, on Flickr

The pano was limited by the pine (on the left) and eucalyptus (on the right) near my balcony.
ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/5s. 5 vertical shots pano.

rafaelcasd

Ray, beautiful ornaments- color and bokeh

Jose, your parrots are arguing about palm seeds. Beautiful 135mm panorama

Roland, give us a color shot of all that glass!

Dylan, the 16mm 3.5 is a great buy - no sharper fisheye

Philippe, great series of Verdun

Peter, beautiful sunset

Ron, I would rather have the 35mm "O" than the loose focus ais

Mark, psychedelic bokehlicius

Reagan, congrats on the 180mm

rafaelcasd

asiostygius wrote:
rafaelcasd wrote:

Rafael, anyway a beautiful picture with this lens.

Jose, there are better Nikkors, but there are no bad ones.

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Place de la Carrière, Nancy, with 50 1.8 ais :

Very nice Philippe. Rich colors and nice lighting.
Scott

mp356

asiostygius wrote:
Thanks Monty, Mark and Ray (Ohio) for the words.

This additional menacing clouds capture (again a not overdone HDR) is for Monty:

Menacing clouds approacing the city - HDR with Nikkor 135mm f2 AIS by labecoaves, on Flickr

ISO 100, f/8 at 1/50s (0EV shot).
3 shots (-2EV, 0EV, +2EV).

Jose, nice contrast between the foreground colors and the dark sky. Looks like the sky will "open up" with a heavy rain in a few minutes.
Scott

mp356

Matt OHarver wrote:
I had the morning off and with all that happened yesterday in CT. and overnight here(local Sheriff officer ambushed and killed in the line of duty) I took a much needed walk with Brandon to clear my head and spend some time with him. I took the 85MM and the 35MM and the D3s

MOP_6642 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt

Nice series Matt. I like this "close-up".
Scott

mp356

Finally got some time to take a walk with the (new to me) 50-135 3.5. The images are nothing special but I like the how the lens produces contrasty and colorful images wide open. Here are a few snaps. Thanks for looking.
Scott

rafaelcasd

saph wrote:
Jose, I think either you or John has mentioned the TC-16A before, for semi AF for the 500 F4 P. I think though to work on the D800 it needs a mod.

Samy

asiostygius wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
Now I believe I have seen it all! Wouldn't it have been better if they just bought an AF lens instead of this butcher job.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-500mm-F1-4-P-lens-/121039038775?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item1c2e7d2937

This is a sacrilege!!

I think a far more elegant "solution" for AFocusing a 500mm f/4 P lens, with the bonus of reaching 800mm, is here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3121174

Samy, I have a modded TC16A, works well with my 180mm, 50-300ED and 400mm EDIF, you have to close the lens to F8 to get good edges, so it is a sunny daylight affair. The focus range is useful and all focus modes work with it. It does not work very well with the 300mm 4.5 EDIF, works well with shorter lenses. Works with D800, D200, D3.

This is with the 50-300mm and TC16A.

D-DAY DOLL by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Executive Sweet by Rafael CA, on Flickr

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Peter, nice sunset image.
Reagan, great to see you're active again.
Scott, I also like the 50-135mm. I think I got it at the same time you got yours. Nice set.

50mm f1.2 AIS (I think my focus is off a little)

105mm f1.8 AIS

honorerdieu
Total Posts: 1221

Here's one shot with the PC-E 45mm lens.

JimmyChoo
Total Posts: 313

Oosty wrote:
JimmyChoo wrote:
montym wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Not feeling lucky anymore
just found out first time "Colonostamy" on Jan 8
I wonder if I can bring the camera

Reagan

They furnish the camera!

...and that's a smart-assed reply. Pun intended!

And he'll be the butt of a lot of jokes

..and Reagan, to expedite the procedure, do make sure you back in.

JimmyChoo
Total Posts: 313

NightOwl Cat wrote:
soapbox Ok, seriously guys, the test is a necessary one to do, and more people need to get over the "taboo" and have theirs done when they should. Like I said, the worst part was drinking the liquid in the time you have to drink it. For most people nowadays, you don't have that two week prep time other than avoiding red colored food for two weeks. Colon cancer, however, is supposed to be a really rough and painful way to die. /soapbox

Laura is absolutely right. We can never be too serious about having a routine colonoscopy done. I gave myself that 50th birthday present 10 years overdue. During that procedure the surgeon found and removed a 6mm polyp. My life was saved by that as the doc explained that it could evolve to become cancer after some years, even though then it was found to be non-malignant. Now after three years I have to go back(pun intended) for another one.

Now I join Laura to urge all of you over 50 to go get it done if you haven't already, so that we can all continue to enjoy more years with our MF lenses.

Reagan wrote:
This will be my first and I am 60
My wife says to put my big boy pants on and "Man Up"

Reagan

Reagan, you wife's right (as always), "Man Up", and actually take off your big-boy-pants!!

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Ok, from now on, don't think I'm the ONLY one who can chat alot! I've been away less than a day and a half and 5 pages were added!

All great images by the way.

1       2       3              2234      
       2236              5889       5890       end