Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2234

1       2       3              2234      
       2236              4180       4181       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7633

Ok, so tonight I decided to test out the V1 with the 300 f/4.5. I tried shooting some aircraft overhead, but nothing recognizable came of it. Definitely not something I'm good at handholding, yet, but I braced it on a headstone and got this shot.

Matt OHarver
Total Posts: 4054

leighton w wrote:
Great shots Matt, good to see you posting again!

Thanks I've been put on a combination of oral steroids, Anti-inflammitories, and pain medicine has relieved the pain enough for me to use the camera when I'm not being paid. I'm just hoping they can find a long term non surgical "fix" for this. It feels good to be able to get out and almost enjoy myself, I'm sure it's short lived but I'll take whatever break I can get at this point. It's been a rough time lately.

Matt

stedge
Total Posts: 843

Monty, that is a powerful image of your Aunt.

Love the staged road noise photos, and the colorful water shot.

And nice shot with the V1.

'Night, all

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2828

Not sure if this qualifies here, but this was originally shot with MF gear (my Series E 50mm)

Just experimenting...

Fall in oil by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

The original is back about a dozen pages.

NightOwl Cat

Powerful photo, Monty, and definitely a debilitating way to go.

montym wrote:
My Aunt Bun, 94 years old. Advanced Alzheimer's. SHe hasn't communicated in years. SHe is staying at a first rate care center. Hardly living though...

Matt OHarver

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Ok, so tonight I decided to test out the V1 with the 300 f/4.5. I tried shooting some aircraft overhead, but nothing recognizable came of it. Definitely not something I'm good at handholding, yet, but I braced it on a headstone and got this shot.

I always love how you can capture those colors in the sunset.

Matt

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2828

NightOwl Cat wrote:

This shot is pretty amazing. Wonder how it would look with the streetlight removed in post?

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1352

Been busy with the time change and the customer in town.
Just enough time for in and out.
love my D3, so clean at high iso with no help. 50mm 2.0 at 2.8. This is a perfect sample.

nikon nikkor 50mm 2.0 ai D3 inand out by Rafael CA, on Flickr
The crop:

nikon nikkor 50mm 2.0 ai D3 in and out crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4503

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. A tiny cropped sensor camera is allowed to post images here using manual focus Nikon lenses but a modified Nikon D200 user is told their images are not welcome here.

I would LOOOVE to hear the logic behind that one. Thread integrity is maintained keeping images from my Nikon built D200 DSLR (w/fuji APS-C Fuji sensor) camera out and not threatened by a tiny cropped sensor mirrorless camera. A mirrorless camera that has absolutely nothing in common with a DSLR other than the appropriate name printed on the camera.

Yep, photography is #1 here.

Edit: This is not a dig at you NightOwl Cat, as I would not have a problem with you posting in any forum devoted to Nikon Manual Focus Lenses.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4026

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Laura, this is excellent. A monopod is lighter though

Oosty

kwoodard wrote:
Not sure if this qualifies here, but this was originally shot with MF gear (my Series E 50mm)

Just experimenting...

The original is back about a dozen pages.

Certainly does qualify - lovely pic

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13016

montym wrote:
My Aunt Bun, 94 years old. Advanced Alzheimer's. SHe hasn't communicated in years. SHe is staying at a first rate care center. Hardly living though...

Powerful photo Monty. I met recently with a woman in the early stages of dementia, though of a slightly different kind. She still have enough awareness of what is happening that she is angry. While the end stage of such disease may not be harrowing, it is very painful for all those in the family to witness their family member slowly disappear mentally. Your photo is very evocative.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13016

adh67 wrote:
A couple more from the dreary weekend.

First one is taken from inside with the 200mm F4 Ai looking trough my front window.

The second with the 50mm f 1.8 Ai-s

Bert

Even bad weather won't keep a talented photographer from finding something worth shooting. These are both well done Bert. Blessedly, we had a sunny day since I was shooting a few family photos for a friend. I had just enough sun to make it work. We do what we can do...

Oosty

rattymouse wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. A tiny cropped sensor camera is allowed to post images here using manual focus Nikon lenses but a modified Nikon D200 user is told their images are not welcome here.

I would LOOOVE to hear the logic behind that one. Thread integrity is maintained keeping images from my Nikon built D200 DSLR (w/fuji APS-C Fuji sensor) camera out and not threatened by a tiny cropped sensor mirrorless camera. A mirrorless camera that has absolutely nothing in common with a DSLR other than the appropriate name printed on the camera.

Edit: This is not a dig at you NightOwl Cat, as I would not have a problem with you posting in any forum devoted to Nikon Manual Focus Lenses.

No great brainpower required - both the camera and the lens are branded, marketed and supported by Nikon. There is also nothing limiting the use to DSLR's as there are many film images here taken on NIKON film cameras.

The problem you seem to have handling is that your camera is not a D200 but a Fuji camera. Somewhat like trying to pass off a replica Cobra with a Chevy V8 as a Shelby Cobra. Superficially they look the same but have different powerplants.

The adherents know the difference?

Matt OHarver

rattymouse wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

What I see here is someone who doesn't understand nor wish to play by the rules, rather that he wishes to grind an ax. This is a thread of Nikon Branded cameras and Nikon Branded manual focus lenses. Please try to be respectful to the group, there are no axes to grind here. While your camera may have a Nikon Mount, under the course of this thread there are some specifics that we are asked to follow. One that your camera say Nikon on the outside(regardless of who's sensor is in it) and that you use Manual Focus Nikon lenses. We all in the spirit of the intent of the thread do this. Those that wish to participate with other branded cameras and other branded or AF lenses have other threads to which they can merrily post.

Please don't act like a child and try to ruffle feathers, there are other sites and threads for that.

Matt

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4503

Matt OHarver wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

What I see here is someone who doesn't understand nor wish to play by the rules, rather that he wishes to grind an ax. This is a thread of Nikon Branded cameras and Nikon Branded manual focus lenses. Please try to be respectful to the group, there are no axes to grind here. While your camera may have a Nikon Mount, under the course of this thread there are some specifics that we are asked to follow. One that your camera say Nikon on the outside(regardless of who's sensor is in it) and that you use Manual Focus Nikon lenses. We all in the spirit of the intent of the thread do this. Those that wish to participate with other branded cameras and other branded or AF lenses have other threads to which they can merrily post.

Please don't act like a child and try to ruffle feathers, there are other sites and threads for that.

Matt

Point me to a thread that is as active as this one where one can celebrate Nikon Manual focus lenses on Nikon made cameras unfortunate enough to be painted with the wrong name on them. You can't because there isnt. There is no greater resource for these lenses than this thread. There is no other group of people actively celebrating these lenses other than here.

When I posted here there was NOTHING in the thread about cameras, ONLY lenses. The subject line alone says it.

Act like a child? Laughable. Children exclude others based on arbitrary and meaningless criteria, not adults.

Apparently I could fit in this thread were I to shoot a Nikon FILM camera (loaded with FUJIFILM) and be OK. Yet somehow shooting a Nikon camera with a FUJIFILM sensor ruins the integrity of the thread and offends the eyes of the viewer.

NightOwl Cat

And the rear lens cap for my 300 f/4.5

Taken with the D300s and 105 f/1.8

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

I saved enough and pulled the trigger on another Nikkor 85mm 1.4 AIS! Pray its as sharp as my old one, and/or sharper than my previous Nikon 85mm f/1.4D lazy mans AF lens I cannot wait to contribute again, however, I hope I can at least find worthier photo's to post!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9184

rattymouse wrote:
Apparently I could fit in this thread were I to shoot a Nikon FILM camera (loaded with FUJIFILM) and be OK. Yet somehow shooting a Nikon camera with a FUJIFILM sensor ruins the integrity of the thread and offends the eyes of the viewer.

I'm sorry, but your incessant whining is starting to get ridiculous. Let me try to explain it ONE MORE TIME.

YES to your first statement, you can share on this thread with a Nikon film camera OR a Nikon P&S while using Nikon manual focus glass, as LONG as it's made by NIKON!

But your re-branded Nikon camera that has the word FUJI on it is NOT allowed. I'll ask again, what part of this don't you understand. It's like going to play in a baseball game and then saying to everyone else, wait, I don't like this and want to use a football.

Are you purposely trying to be obtuse? You remind me of a little kid who thinks if they scream loud enough they'll get their way. Here's a tip. This thread is full of some of the nicest people I know who seem to play well together, so don't go around telling others that we're some kind of mean ogres, you're true colors start to show.

You asked to be pointed to another thread you could post in, so for the record, this one would fit your gear: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/597185

georgms
Total Posts: 3347

Laura, very nice evening sky and a pretty serious looking 300/4.5 on that V1!

Americo, I hope your new 85/1.4 Ais will not disappoint you!

Rafael, very nice mix between the light-sources. The 50/2 seems to be a real winner.

1       2       3              2234      
       2236              4180       4181       end