/forum/topic/929565/2221

1       2       3              2221      
       2223              5885       5886       end

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

montym wrote:
Oosty wrote:
From the 80-200 f4 without square plate (push pull lens). Macros with 2 tubes

Very nice. Getting to be summer "down there" isn't it?

Peter, I agree with Monty, fantastic work!

And for those interested in the lens Peter used, for a nice condition and good price copy, look at here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Nikkor-Zoom-80-200mm-F4-AIS-Lens-loose-zoom-318345-12467-/271108188716?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D4124436287086763094%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D310376913008%26

asiostygius

mp356 wrote:
georgms wrote:
First test of a new to me 28/3.5PC - sorry Samy, still no shot's from the remains of the former "Heinkel-Werke".
The weather yesterday was all grey - not really hazy, but dull and flat light and it was too cold to have fun with a new lens.

Georg Büchner von georgsfoto auf Flickr
28/3.5 PC shifted all the way up if memory serves - f/11, 1/60sec at ISO400, vignetting added in post (silly me)

Georg, very nice image. I did not know your last name was Buchner and that you had your own ship!
Scott

+1

asiostygius

huddy wrote:
As I mentioned, life moves on. As one flame is extinguished, another seems ready to take the world by storm. (All with D700+28/2)

Christmas lights are fun too:

Simply fantastic Alan!!!

Kry27
Total Posts: 172

asiostygius wrote:

Simply fantastic Alan!!!

OH YEAH! These look really great. Warm. Adorable.

asiostygius

Thanks Georg, Peter and Chuong for the comments.

Mark, I am loving your Sweden series, keep them coming;

Reagan, beautiful shot of the bridge.

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

pbraymond wrote:
One from today. Sorry if it boring, here's hoping for something better this weekend.

Ray, paperwork is boring indeed, but for sure not your picture ;-)
Love the shallow DoF, the framing, the B&W-conversion - basically everything about this fine photograph!

georgms

rafaelcasd wrote:
Zichar wrote:
leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
Leighton and Samy - thanks!
Leighton, yes and no - I could have shot the same scene with a superwide as a vertical to get exactly the same perspective - just with a lot more snow in the foreground (lower half of the vertical shot).
The 28PC is well built and fairly compact. I have to get used to the aperture-mechanism.
I hope to find enough spare time to use this lens (and the 85PC too) a bit more in the coming weeks.

saph wrote:
I took shots with the 14-24 one time that someone asked me to, and realized that I was cropping off loads of pixels to get rid of the unnecessary foreground. That's what had made me think of a PC lens.

The aperture mechanism is funky, but just a matter of getting used to. And it took me a bit to realize how to do the rotate function, you can combine that with the shift.

BTW, Leighton, do I sense an interest in the 28PC? <hint>Any time I go browsing ebay etc. there seem to be a good number of these out there. </hint>

Samy

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I don't think.

You should. Keeps lines remarkably straight

Straight or bulging a bit up, so much fun!!! you need one Leighton.....

Rafael, beautiful examples of pictures taken with the 28PC!

Leighton - it works beautifully on (barn-) doors, hallways and gates too ;-)

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

Kry27 wrote:
Gear - 1/10 s @ 1:1.2, ISO 200 (-0.7 EV) - full FX frame, MF 50mm 1:1,2 on Nikon D3

I got to correct myself: I own three MF lenses. Always forget about Mr. Fish... AIs 16mm 1:3.5 fish eye

Roland

Nice one Roland, looks like we have another B&W expert joining Monty, Georg, Ian and the many other masters of this art.
Hope to see some with the Fish-eye. There was a bit of a period where it was 'the' lens to post with (until the 85mm craze) and would be good to see some more from it.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

asiostygius wrote:
montym wrote:
Oosty wrote:
From the 80-200 f4 without square plate (push pull lens). Macros with 2 tubes

Very nice. Getting to be summer "down there" isn't it?

Peter, I agree with Monty, fantastic work!

Peter, I agree with Jose in agreeing with Monty, just lovely.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12615

Monty - I like your shot of the "PowerTap". I thought you were giving up riding after your last brush with death.

Scott said "Leighton, are you responsible for all the additional activity the last 24 hours?"
I may be, and then again, I may not be.

Ray - I love your "boring" shot. The composition and conversion are spot on!

Rafael - I'll take your's and everybody elses recommendation under consideration. I love the images of Casa del Prado Balboa Park, beautiful lighting.

Ben - That limo LOOKS like something we Americans would build.

leighton w

Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side

Reagan

This one deserves another look, simply beautiful. It's really all in the light.

leighton w

leighton w wrote:
If you want even faster, put an i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz in a PC and overclock it to 5.0GHz and also add at least 16 gigs of RAM and put LR on a SSD. Now you're talking speed!

huddy wrote:
Is that what Ivy Bridge is capable of Leighton? I haven't overclocked in a couple of years. My last OC was pushing a Q6600 up to 3.94GHz on air while running dual GPU's. The machine also had 6 HDD's, and water cooling with dual radiators... I think it pulled around 850W at the wall... I ended up eventually dumping it for a lower power quad, SSD, single HDD, single low wattage GPU, and air cooling. I now hit full load at around 180W, but rarely pull more than 120.

Yes, the Ivy Bridge is capable of that. You definitely need a cooler that can handle it. I overclocked mine to 4.3GHz after adding the CoolerMaster air cooler. And ASUS has made it really easy with their MB's. You can do it with a click of the mouse.

georgms

Alan, that's an excellent series!
Beautiful work with the christmas-lights-background and I've never seen a dance around a lens-cap

Peter, very nice detail-shots of the christmas-tree-decorations!
I'm wondering if the italian motive is showing a giant Cod (Gadus morhua) or another, bigger species?
Musing of a silly coaster ;-)

Roland, very cool portrait of your D3!

Ben, it doesn't matter if you're shooting with the 50/1.8 or the 35/2 OC or another lens - I like your summerly street-scenes from down under a lot! The reflection is my fav from this mini-series.
Regarding the 28PC: I've shot basically all images of tall buildings, ships at close range and so on as a vertical with a superwide before.
Cropping the lower half of an image away (or searching for something to "fill the foreground") is not really my cup of tea - that's why I wanted to try the 28PC.
The 24 PC-E is tempting for sure, but that's a really large and expensive lens (the 28PC is modest sized).

Ian, I like the mysterious portraits of Georgina a lot (the complete set, especially the images with the cards).

Jorge, beautiful shot taken with the superfast 85!

Reagan, I really like your choice of framing of the bridge-image. The mooring posts fill the foreground in a very nice fashion.

Monty, I love the detail from Webex! Beautiful B&W!

leighton w

Last evening's light was really nice. I can't remember when we've had so many nice sky's in a week. there's a place down the road I went to about 5 years ago just to shoot the sunset, I'm planning to go back soon.

This one is kinda of meh, but I liked the light on the barn along with the sky. This was with the 50mm f1.2 AI-s.

georgms

Thanks for the comments on the "Georg Buechner"!
This ship will get towed to Lithuania in a few weeks - and will get scrapped there.
It's a former Belgian freight- and passenger-ship and was used here for many years as swimming hotel and training center.
I like the lines of older vessels and will miss it's sight.

georgms

leighton w wrote:

I thought the stretched Hummer was built for Jose - so that he could finally carry his 800/5.6 with TC and lens-hood on. The builder made just two mistakes - he painted the poor car not in camo and delivered it to the wrong southern country ;-)

georgms

Leighton, spectacular colors on the sunset-shot!
Btw, did you paint your barn with Swedish paint (it looks like the famous "falun-red")?

leighton w

georgms wrote:
leighton w wrote:

I thought the stretched Hummer was built for Jose - so that he could finally carry his 800/5.6 with TC and lens-hood on. The builder made just two mistakes - he painted the poor car not in camo and delivered it to the wrong southern country ;-)

leighton w

georgms wrote:
Leighton, spectacular colors on the sunset-shot!
Btw, did you paint your barn with Swedish paint (it looks like the famous "falun-red")?

Thanks friend! No, the metal siding on the barn came that color. I hope to never have to paint it!

montym
Total Posts: 4717

leighton w wrote:
Monty - I like your shot of the "PowerTap". I thought you were giving up riding after your last brush with death.
L

True. But I have been cycling all my life. I have found that I cannot give it up. Unfortunately, I sold my fancy bike. I now have a 20# tank. I plan on using that bike for the summer. If at the end of summer I am still riding, I'll get another nice bike with nice components. A sub 15# bike.... Unless I spend all of my money on camera stuff

1       2       3              2221      
       2223              5885       5886       end