Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2221

1       2       3              2221      
       2223              4361       4362       end

saph
Total Posts: 2422

Ian, that structure in the middle looks ancient and very impressive.

Samy

Ian Boys wrote:
Scotland in September

First is 50mm E on Nikon FE-2, second and third are 24mm AI-S on Nikon FM.

Glenelg Broch by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

ash4390
Total Posts: 146

philipj wrote:
The 105mm f/1.8 AI-s does mannequin portraiture, in the window of a shop on Queen Street West in Toronto.

Devilish by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Oni Mask... I have that tattooed on my shoulder!

nice shot!

rankamateur
Total Posts: 860

saph wrote:
Towards the end of the walk I said what the heck, let's point the 50 at the flying geese, and so here's a GIF shot - geese in flight.

The second shot is of the "AI'd normal family" (at least my version of it). The big brother 55 1.2S is in the middle, the 50 1.4S to the right and the little 50 2 HC on the left. All ~ 40 years old and in rather good shape.

Samy

Those are in "Curtis's preferred condition(like new)" hope he doesn't see em he might be paying you a visit.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

saph wrote:
And now for some large aperture shots with the AI'd 50 1.4S. All at f/2.

This lens is a bit bigger than the 50 f2 HC, and smaller than the 55 1.2S. Plan to get a pic of all three together.

Samy

Very nice, could be northern Wisconsin

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1101

montym wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Paris stock exchange : "Palais Brongniart" with 28 2.8 ais:

That was my first thought when I saw this photograph. I like it!

Monty

+1, what a unique perspective, most people would have said the black bars were in the way.
Ray

philipj
Total Posts: 851

Oosty wrote:

Gee Curtis, I didn't even think you owned a suit

And thank you Ashkan!

deang001
Total Posts: 1612

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Paris stock exchange : "Palais Brongniart" with 28 2.8 ais:

Nice shots, LZ. That second one has certainly has some symbolism thrown in. I'm sure the "Occupy" protestors would agree that the way some of these movers and shakers behind the columns of the stock exchange carry on it is as if the rest of us are looking on through prison bars as Monty pointed out.

deang001
Total Posts: 1612

Oosty wrote:
philipj wrote:
The 105mm f/1.8 AI-s does mannequin portraiture, in the window of a shop on Queen Street West in Toronto.

Wocka! Wocka! That's some suit, Peter

Philip - was it shot out the front of a used lens shop?

saph

Tree trunk with interesting bark. Looked like that tree had been around for a while. Again with the 50 1.4S.

Samy

saph

And more with the AI'd 50 1.4S. This is ripples and chairs.

Samy

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13293

Oosty wrote:
philipj wrote:

I don't... so it must not be me...

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7833

Great stuff, Monty!

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Monty's fifth and last post. well done Monty!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2012/11/montys-fifth-and-last-post.html

I know that feeling, today I was out and didn't realize how late it was, didn't have any camera with me except the iPhone, and there was a gorgeous sunset. iPhone doesn't do it justice so I didn't even attempt it. I'll see hawks and ospreys perched on street lights as I drive by, or in trees, and of course, I can't stop to snap 'em either.

saph wrote:
Walked with the Ai'd 50 1.4S today. Utterly rued the decision to be lazy and not keep a tele such as the 300 or 400, or even the 180 in a bag; there was a very large hawk that was sitting in a tree and the 50 just couldn't reach far enough. One thing now that the leaves and the colors are gone, there's other things to see that were hidden before.

Samy

Peter.. glad I didn't have anything to drink when I saw this!

Good catch Phillip!

Oosty wrote:
philipj wrote:

CGrindahl

rankamateur wrote:
saph wrote:
Towards the end of the walk I said what the heck, let's point the 50 at the flying geese, and so here's a GIF shot - geese in flight.

The second shot is of the "AI'd normal family" (at least my version of it). The big brother 55 1.2S is in the middle, the 50 1.4S to the right and the little 50 2 HC on the left. All ~ 40 years old and in rather good shape.

Samy

Those are in "Curtis's preferred condition(like new)" hope he doesn't see em he might be paying you a visit.

Actually, I already own all three... Though I have the S-C version of the 55 as well as the S and S-C version of the 50 f/1.4. I'm afraid when it comes to NMFAS I have a very serious case...

montym
Total Posts: 4711

On the bus...

saph

Dean, that's quite a visualization - the one about the used lens shop. I guess the smile gives it away

deang001 wrote:
Oosty wrote:
philipj wrote:

Wocka! Wocka! That's some suit, Peter

Philip - was it shot out the front of a used lens shop?

saph

Oh now I get it, so the visit will be about adding the SC versions. Resistance is futile

Samy

CGrindahl wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
saph wrote:

Samy

Actually, I already own all three... Though I have the S-C version of the 55 as well as the S and S-C version of the 50 f/1.4. I'm afraid when it comes to NMFAS I have a very serious case...

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2193

saph wrote:
Ian, that structure in the middle looks ancient and very impressive.

Samy

Ian Boys wrote:

Glenelg Broch by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Yes it's a round Pictish tower about 2000 years old (!!!) built entirely without mortar/cement by having two stone walls that lean inward/outwards against each other. It was there when the Romans invaded Britain under Julius Caesar (though they didn't get that far north) and I was completely impressed by it. There were 2 quite close together and one still had a passage between the walls. They were about 30' tall.

saph

Monty, very nice capture. And that's at 1/25th second!

Samy

montym wrote:
On the bus...

CGrindahl

There are eternal possibilities for massaging one's kit Samy. Resistance IS futile... kit building is forever and then some...

CGrindahl

Monty... 85mm is YOUR focal length. You keep impressing us with excellent work. Street photography can be a challenge, but you definitely are handling it well. I really enjoy your BW images.

1       2       3              2221      
       2223              4361       4362       end