Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2220

1       2       3              2220      
       2222              4309       4310       end

David Antilley
Total Posts: 313

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Monty's fifth and last post. well done Monty!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2012/11/montys-fifth-and-last-post.html

Monty,

Great work with Nikki. There is a machinist at Webex with a talented artist.

David

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3015

Paris stock exchange : "Palais Brongniart" with 28 2.8 ais:

saph
Total Posts: 2350

Matt, all the best with getting back very quickly to good health.

James very nice work with the reversed 20mm. That is not easy to do at all.

Jorge, the bike handles and the background were very pleasing.

Curtis, very nice portraits of Sue and your friend! And a nice portrait of you by Ray.

Ed, both those western MD scenic shots were very pleasant.

Leighton, very nice sunset down in VA. I liked the vertical version even more.

Georg, the bright pic of the bridge is too nice to be just a vacation snap.

Ray from Ohio, those lines and angles are very well seen from your window!

Peter, I think it more than tickles if you put your fingers in the socket I have a memory of trying that when I was very little. Tried only once..

Dean, great to keep on seeing more Cambodia pictures. Those are all delightful. That's interesting to have heard from the guide about his recollection of Khmer Rouge times. Evil era.

Philippe, that last one is a thought provoking shot, the one that says Bourse at the top, then the pillars, and then the ordinary looking guy sitting with the backpack on the steps underneath.

Samy

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2128

Scotland in September

First is 50mm E on Nikon FE-2, second and third are 24mm AI-S on Nikon FM.

Sheep at Brogaig Cemetery by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Glenelg Broch by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Corrimony Chambered Cairn by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2389

David Antilley wrote:
leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2012/11/montys-fifth-and-last-post.html

Monty,

David

Monty, despite the fact that I'm not commenting much lately due to many factors from my life I want to tell you that I'm carefully following Nikki's adventure on the North American continent and I am very pleased with everything I saw by now, including the Oskosh break! You guys are doing a great job! Hats off!

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2128

saph wrote:
Peter, I think it more than tickles if you put your fingers in the socket I have a memory of trying that when I was very little. Tried only once..

Yes, when I worked in prison one of the residents cleaned an electrical socket with a wet cloth. He wasn't too pleased at coming back to life after a minute of so and finding himself still in prison!

saph

Walked with the Ai'd 50 1.4S today. Utterly rued the decision to be lazy and not keep a tele such as the 300 or 400, or even the 180 in a bag; there was a very large hawk that was sitting in a tree and the 50 just couldn't reach far enough. One thing now that the leaves and the colors are gone, there's other things to see that were hidden before.

Samy

philipj
Total Posts: 851

The 105mm f/1.8 AI-s does mannequin portraiture, in the window of a shop on Queen Street West in Toronto.

Devilish by philipjohnson, on Flickr

montym
Total Posts: 4711

Mishu01 wrote:
David Antilley wrote:
leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Monty,

David

Monty, despite the fact that I'm not commenting much lately due to many factors from my life I want to tell you that I'm carefully following Nikki's adventure on the North American continent and I am very pleased with everything I saw by now, including the Oskosh break! You guys are doing a great job! Hats off!

Glad you are enjoying it! It was fun having the lens. I'm really in awe that this has happened. FIrst, that Ben was kind enough to share his lens. Second, that it is making it's way around the world without an issue. Very few of us have met face to face, yet we respect each other allowing something like this to happen!

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd be an active member of a forum like this!

Fun times

Monty

montym

If anyone is interested, Amazon has a good deal on memory cards.

Monty

saph

More with the AI'd 50 1.4S. Paths and shadows.

Samy

montym

philipj wrote:
The 105mm f/1.8 AI-s does mannequin portraiture, in the window of a shop on Queen Street West in Toronto.
r

THat is..... strange
Good picture though....

montym

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Paris stock exchange : "Palais Brongniart" with 28 2.8 ais:

You're not in prison are you?

That was my first thought when I saw this photograph. I like it!

Monty

rankamateur
Total Posts: 856

saph wrote:
Walked with the Ai'd 50 1.4S today. Utterly rued the decision to be lazy and not keep a tele such as the 300 or 400, or even the 180 in a bag; there was a very large hawk that was sitting in a tree and the 50 just couldn't reach far enough. One thing now that the leaves and the colors are gone, there's other things to see that were hidden before.

Samy

Does not matter most of the time what you take! It will be the wrong lens. The only value of AF lenses. Those funky 28-300 Zooms etc. My brother in law always says walk closer. Not easy for a hawk in a tree. Nice shots Samy

rankamateur
Total Posts: 856

Checking out the 135 F2 I bought last week on the forum. My model works for biscuits so pretty cheap. I like this lens though it is kind of a brick on the end of the camera.

montym

rankamateur wrote:
Checking out the 135 F2 I bought last week on the forum. My model works for biscuits so pretty cheap. I like this lens though it is kind of a brick on the end of the camera.

Great bokeh! I don;t think you can go wrong with doggy pictures

I think part of the appeal of these lenses is how heavy they are. Whenever I pick up one of the new AF lenses I'm surprised it doesn't blow away in the wind.

saph

And now for some large aperture shots with the AI'd 50 1.4S. All at f/2.

This lens is a bit bigger than the 50 f2 HC, and smaller than the 55 1.2S. Plan to get a pic of all three together.

Samy

saph

Towards the end of the walk I said what the heck, let's point the 50 at the flying geese, and so here's a GIF shot - geese in flight.

The second shot is of the "AI'd normal family" (at least my version of it). The big brother 55 1.2S is in the middle, the 50 1.4S to the right and the little 50 2 HC on the left. All ~ 40 years old and in rather good shape.

Samy

Oosty
Total Posts: 4039

philipj wrote:

Devilish by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Gee Curtis, I didn't even think you owned a suit

saph

Ron, thanks, and that's true, just can't cover all eventualities.

That dog with the 135 f2 is superb!

Samy

1       2       3              2220      
       2222              4309       4310       end