Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2219

1       2       3              2219      
       2221              5884       5885       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12614

Kevin - love the first and last ones.

Ron - Nice portrait.

Georg - Love the perspective, so did the shift help a lot?

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Let's hope Leighton doesn't start knocking on doors and telling the home owners the doors need straightening

bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Well, most of you know my fetish with doors. Here's another one. I liked how the early morning light was falling on it. This was with the 50-135mm f3.5.

no Leighton, I didn't know that.....what do doors do to you?.....do they bring the colour to your cheeks? ruffle your beard? or do you just get shy and tongue tied around them? My sympathies to you Leighton - must be hard going from room to room being constantly taunted by your paramours.

what is that underneath the barrel (looks like a mush of berries?)

wish you'd stop posting with the the 50 - 135.....if I hadn't just bought Alan's 80 - 200mm I'd be very seriously tempted.

ben

Hey, that 80-200 is no slouch either, sharp as a tack! I hope it's got the square aperture plate? I only have three MF zooms, the 28-50mm f3.5 AI-s, 50-135mm f3.5 AI-s and the 80-200mm f4.5 AI. I have no plans to buy any of the others and I'll likely not sell any of these except to buy better ones.

what do you mean "even" me?

the square aperture plate?? at the back? yes, I think so.

ben

I was just messing with you Ben. Maybe the "mush of berries" was the leftovers of wine making

lol - oh I know what you were doing......those doors must be getting to you

ben

Reagan
Total Posts: 4614

Georg, thanks for the comment and I already have a 28
Ben (deadwolfbones) bought one and blamed me

Reagan

saph

Ron, perfect use of the 55 1.2 for that portrait!

Georg, excellent shot of the ship with the 28 PC using the shift mechanism! This lens is really going to suit your skills.

Samy

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Leighton and Samy - thanks!
Leighton, yes and no - I could have shot the same scene with a superwide as a vertical to get exactly the same perspective - just with a lot more snow in the foreground (lower half of the vertical shot).
The 28PC is well built and fairly compact. I have to get used to the aperture-mechanism.
I hope to find enough spare time to use this lens (and the 85PC too) a bit more in the coming weeks.

saph

I took shots with the 14-24 one time that someone asked me to, and realized that I was cropping off loads of pixels to get rid of the unnecessary foreground. That's what had made me think of a PC lens.

The aperture mechanism is funky, but just a matter of getting used to. And it took me a bit to realize how to do the rotate function, you can combine that with the shift.

BTW, Leighton, do I sense an interest in the 28PC? <hint>Any time I go browsing ebay etc. there seem to be a good number of these out there. </hint>

Samy

georgms wrote:
Leighton, yes and no - I could have shot the same scene with a superwide as a vertical to get exactly the same perspective - just with a lot more snow in the foreground (lower half of the vertical shot).
The 28PC is well built and fairly compact. I have to get used to the aperture-mechanism.
I hope to find enough spare time to use this lens (and the 85PC too) a bit more in the coming weeks.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12614

georgms wrote:

saph wrote:
I took shots with the 14-24 one time that someone asked me to, and realized that I was cropping off loads of pixels to get rid of the unnecessary foreground. That's what had made me think of a PC lens.

The aperture mechanism is funky, but just a matter of getting used to. And it took me a bit to realize how to do the rotate function, you can combine that with the shift.

BTW, Leighton, do I sense an interest in the 28PC? <hint>Any time I go browsing ebay etc. there seem to be a good number of these out there. </hint>

Samy

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I don't think.

montym
Total Posts: 4717

My first love! Cycling. I purchased a PowerTap today. It is a way to quantify how lame I am

montym

Oosty wrote:
From the 80-200 f4 without square plate (push pull lens). Macros with 2 tubes

Very nice. Getting to be summer "down there" isn't it?

Reagan
Total Posts: 4614

Bridge from other side

Reagan

montym

Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side

Reagan

Now that is beautiful! Nicely composed. Beautiful lighting!
Nice work Reagan

montym

Big Stuff at Webex

huddy
Total Posts: 1885

I've missed quite a bit. We are very sad here as my wife's great-grandfather passed last week after a 5 year battle with Parkinson's Disease. He was truly the rock in her family. Life goes on though.

Jorge, I'm really sorry to see you having to dump so many great lenses.

Leighton, the farm is looking lovely.

Elton, I like both color and B&W. Each works well in their own ways.

Ben - Nice work with the 35/2OC.

leighton w wrote:
If you want even faster, put an i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz in a PC and overclock it to 5.0GHz and also add at least 16 gigs of RAM and put LR on a SSD. Now you're talking speed!

Is that what Ivy Bridge is capable of Leighton? I haven't overclocked in a couple of years. My last OC was pushing a Q6600 up to 3.94GHz on air while running dual GPU's. The machine also had 6 HDD's, and water cooling with dual radiators... I think it pulled around 850W at the wall... I ended up eventually dumping it for a lower power quad, SSD, single HDD, single low wattage GPU, and air cooling. I now hit full load at around 180W, but rarely pull more than 120.

Roy's 180/2.8 will be a nice lens. I bought my 35/1.4 from him. Never should have let it go.

I've been playing with the V1. It's a bit disappointing honestly, and it will probably go back to B&H. The video is nice, but I didn't buy it to be a video camera. The search for a competent, small digital mirrorless body continues.

Welcome to lots of new faces around here too!

BTW, here is a currently cheap 300/2.8 for any who are interested: Temptation

montym

One more...

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side

Reagan

Wow great shot Reagan

MDoc9523

This looks like a great deal on a 35mm 1.4. Only 30 min left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Nikkor-35-mm-f1-4-ai-s-Wide-Angle-Lens-/170953005040?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item27cd97d7f0

Zichar
Total Posts: 3758

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:

saph wrote:

Samy

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I don't think.

You should. Keeps lines remarkably straight

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2924

From the 85mm 1.4 AIS I just sold

D4 ISO 1250 f2.8

MDoc9523

I am so sorry that you had to sell that lens Jorge because you sure nailed that focus point. Great shot!

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

Reagan wrote:
Someone buy this before I do, Please
180 2.8 ai-s $275

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1168411/0#11147639

Reagan

Reagan, I have had the same thoughts. It looks like a beauty!
Scott

1       2       3              2219      
       2221              5884       5885       end