Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2208

1       2       3              2208      
       2210              4051       4052       end

montym
Total Posts: 4701

CGrindahl wrote:
I need to do some serious catching up after being away for a week attending to some important matters and will do so in the next couple of days. But before I go back I'll post one of my mistakes with the 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd from yesterday. On Saturday, I did a photo shoot for a friend who is negotiating a book deal and needed a head shot for the book jacket. We did most of the shooting inside and I don't have lights, so I shot in manual mode, relying on the D700 to compensate for the low light. I'll post a couple of photos of the day later. The camera was definitely up to the task, as was the 105 f/1.8 AI-s I opted to use. But I forgot to change settings before shooting boats along a channel in San Rafael and as you would expect, setting the shutter speed at 1/125th of a second was not going to work very well in bright sunlight at f/5.6. Oh well... mistakes happen...

Glad to be back... and now to catch up...

lol
A nice high-key photo!!!!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 12751

jhinkey wrote:
And while I'm at it - one more pre-dawn shot - this time with the 16/3.5 AI.

The brightest star in the center is Venus.

John

LOVE his shot John. WOW! I had to copy it so we all could see it again. 16 f/3.5 AI anyone? A great lens.

CGrindahl

Oosty wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
georgms wrote:
Mishu01 wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Is this your basement Curtis? Could you host me for a month in order to write a review of your wine collection?

Now that's the spirit, Mihai!

There might be a couple of bottles of wine in this shop that in fact belong to me... because a person on the East coast who contacted me asking about a photo I subsequently gave to him, sent two bottles of quite expensive red wine. I didn't have the heart to open them and asked the owner of this shop if he'd accept them in trade. He gave me the market price which for two was over a hundred dollars. I invested the money in single malt Scotch. I have my priorities straight...

Invested...in Scotch? As long as you don't touch the capital it will appreciate in value

You know as well as I do Peter, good wine and liquor is meant to be imbibed. Recalling more accurately, I bought a bottle of Red Breast Irish whiskey as well as a bottle of Talisker 10 year old Isle of Skye whisky, both of which I enjoyed immensely. Naturally, I had to replace those bottles once empty...

CGrindahl

Oosty wrote:
montym wrote:
Tina snapped a picture of me thins morning.

Looks like I'm going to have to start combing some of that long hair over the top

Never, better to be boldly bald than hypocritically hairy!

I wish I could convince my brother with his monstrous comb-over to go back to the very short haircut he had in his middle years. But if he did, the company producing the hairspray he uses might go out of business...

montym
Total Posts: 4701

CGrindahl wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
And while I'm at it - one more pre-dawn shot - this time with the 16/3.5 AI.

The brightest star in the center is Venus.

John

LOVE his shot John. WOW! I had to copy it so we all could see it again. 16 f/3.5 AI anyone? A great lens.

IT is a very sharp image. I was looking at it again. You can see Mizar and Alcor. THe middle star of the handle of the Bid Dipper are clearly visible.

Mizar and Alcor have also been called the "Horse and Rider". They are separated by about 12 minutes of arc, and being able to detect the two as separate is considered a test of good eyesight.

Some info here

mp356
Total Posts: 4189

raboof wrote:
Thank you Georg and Laura. It's so cold, this little one needed to stay warm and didn't even want to leave the porch. It was about 5 feet away. I took it with the 105mm f2.5

Nice image Choung. The 105 does produce nice backgrounds.
Scott

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:
The postman made a wonderful delivery today. A mint Nikkor 35mm 1.4 AI-S. I picked it up off of Flea-bay. The seller said it was mint and he wasn't kidding! It is sharp and bokehlicious!

Nice work with the new lens Ray. It certainly is in great shape!
Scott

mp356

rankamateur wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Cathedral of Strasbourg, 28 2.8 :

Workin that 28 again aren't you? Beautiful

+1 Philippe. Both of these are very nice.
Scott

mp356

rankamateur wrote:
stedge wrote:
nice pick up.

Now speaking of picking up, the Turd saw the cute little doggie and started to consider waking up... and then he gave up and went back to napping. Nice life.

Dogs take sleeping to a level we shall never be able to achieve. I am always jealous looking at mine with the feet sticking up in the air and their bodies all twisted and contorted and sound asleep.

How true. Mine likes to stare at me until I get the camera out, then he won't look at me.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2913

montym wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I need to do some serious catching up after being away for a week attending to some important matters and will do so in the next couple of days. But before I go back I'll post one of my mistakes with the 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd from yesterday. On Saturday, I did a photo shoot for a friend who is negotiating a book deal and needed a head shot for the book jacket. We did most of the shooting inside and I don't have lights, so I shot in manual mode, relying on the D700 to compensate for the low light. I'll post a couple of photos of the day later. The camera was definitely up to the task, as was the 105 f/1.8 AI-s I opted to use. But I forgot to change settings before shooting boats along a channel in San Rafael and as you would expect, setting the shutter speed at 1/125th of a second was not going to work very well in bright sunlight at f/5.6. Oh well... mistakes happen...

Glad to be back... and now to catch up...

lol
A nice high-key photo!!!!

+1

Lieutenant Z

mp356 wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Cathedral of Strasbourg, 28 2.8 :

Workin that 28 again aren't you? Beautiful

+1 Philippe. Both of these are very nice.
Scott

Thanks Scott

mp356

georgms wrote:
A picture taken 2009 with the 20/3.5 Ais at f/16 to get a nice sun-star:

bow von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Had to remove zillions of dustspots, the drawback of shooting at f/16

Nice composition and angle of view Georg.
Scott

mp356

stedge wrote:
rankamateur wrote:

Dogs take sleeping to a level we shall never be able to achieve. I am always jealous looking at mine with the feet sticking up in the air and their bodies all twisted and contorted and sound asleep.

Sort of like this?

mp356

leighton w wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Before the battery quit - (quickly followed by another generic) - I got to the beach and took a couple of shots. The last two are pano's - not nearly in John's league but working on it.

Very nice Peter.

+1 Peter. Great colors!
Scott

Lieutenant Z

Walk around in the streets of Nancy with the 50 1.8 :

mp356

montym wrote:
WOW
Rocky towers over this guy!

Great image Monty.

mp356

kwoodard wrote:
Not 100% sure how I feel about this one. I was going for just the tip of the stamin... Granted, this was done hand held in very poor light as a test...

Series E 50mm 1.8 reversed. f/2 1/50 ISO400

Reversed Nikon Series E 50mm 1.8 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

I like it very much Kevin.
Scott

mp356

Zichar wrote:
Thought of another so I broke out the flashes again
She's such a willing model
Paid for in doggy treats...
w/ 35mm f/2 AI

midnight snack by Zichar, on Flickr

Another great pose. Well done Chin.
Scott

CGrindahl

huddy wrote:
Ted,
Welcome to the thread. The thinktank retrospective bags are nice, either the 10 or 20. I have a 5 and it is a bit on the small side for a full sized body and larger lenses. I saw your ad and was tempted to point you towards my copy as I currently have a rangefinder bug that can't be cured without more money... And then I laughed at the notion because the 180/2.8 is a fantastic lens that I never want to sell.

Good luck in your search and welcome to the board. I wish I lived closer to Dallas. The market their is one of the best I have ever been to.

Perhaps you've heard the old saw... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I'm glad you've come to your senses regarding the 180 f/2.8 AI-s after having sold your first copy of the lens. I understand the desire to have the cleanest copy of a lens in one's kit, as I did when I upgraded my copy of the 180. But when a lens is this good, and you have a copy in excellent condition, it really belongs in one's kit even if not in use at the moment. Every time I pull out my copy of that lens, it takes my breath away. Yes, I say that about a few lenses in my kit, which may contribute to the fact I have so many lenses. The 180 is a desert island lens Alan. I'm happy you intend to keep yours. I've no doubt you'll find use for the lens as time goes by.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

I haven't been around much, but I wanted to drop in to point out a crazy lens I've never seen before, the Nikkor 200-600 f/9.5.

Anyone seen one of these? This one looks to be a former RCMP lens (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), and is for sale in the Ottawa area for $799.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-cameras-camcorders-Nikon-Nikkor-200-600mm-f-9-5-zoom-lens-MONSTER-ZOOOOM-W0QQAdIdZ430421767

*Edit*

Actually, looks like the seller also has it listed on Ebay for $699.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Nikkor-200-600mm-9-5-zoom-lens-HN-10-EX-/150946896342?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item232522d9d6#ht_1611wt_1087

1       2       3              2208      
       2210              4051       4052       end