Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2207

1       2       3              2207      
       2209              5889       5890       end

Chris Dees
Total Posts: 4897

Rinie Hoff wrote:
I'm only 28 pages behind.... ;-( and busy this week.

But, the good thing is that I bought a new-to-me Macbook Pro, very fast, and I can't wait to see how well this machine will handle my LR files. I always had to wait because he was loading an image. That will be history with a 2,7 Ghz i7 processor and 16 GB memory!
But I made a mess of migrating my data, so that will keep me a bit busy.

So Monty, no SSD and no retina...

I'll check all your photo's in between...

Congrats Rinie, that should be a lot faster than your old Macbook.
The waiting will be shorter but you will still have to wait (especially with preview rendering).
If you want an other speed bump you have to put a SSD in it. You can order a DIY kit at OWC (no problems with customs ) and you can replace the optical drive with the 'old' HDD.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Chris Dees wrote:
Rinie Hoff wrote:

But, the good thing is that I bought a new-to-me Macbook Pro, very fast, and I can't wait to see how well this machine will handle my LR files. I always had to wait because he was loading an image. That will be history with a 2,7 Ghz i7 processor and 16 GB memory!

The waiting will be shorter but you will still have to wait (especially with preview rendering).
If you want an other speed bump you have to put a SSD in it. You can order a DIY kit at OWC (no problems with customs ) and you can replace the optical drive with the 'old' HDD.

If you want even faster, put an i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz in a PC and overclock it to 5.0GHz and also add at least 16 gigs of RAM and put LR on a SSD. Now you're talking speed!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Whoa whoa Leighton, that kinda talk will scare away the sheep! Overclocking rackum frackum...
Though now I feel like building a new system, this 32-bit machine can't keep up anymore
Can't put the blame on Curtis on this one, cannae?

leighton w

Zichar wrote:
Whoa whoa Leighton, that kinda talk will scare away the sheep! Overclocking rackum frackum...
Though now I feel like building a new system, this 32-bit machine can't keep up anymore
Can't put the blame on Curtis on this one, cannae?

Chin, I'm waiting for the Mac people to flame me!

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

I just upgraded mine too. Added a fast SSD for OS(but using the SAS for permanent keepers) and Win7 64-bit to try out LR4. It's still not winning me over CS4+Bridge yet.

Chris Dees
Total Posts: 4897

leighton w wrote:
Chris Dees wrote:
Rinie Hoff wrote:

If you want even faster, put an i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz in a PC and overclock it to 5.0GHz and also add at least 16 gigs of RAM and put LR on a SSD. Now you're talking speed!

I don't think that processor will fit into Rinie's MacBook Pro, but it sure looks like the specifications my new iMac I'll get early next year

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

I've thought about it a couple times, but not sure I really want to go through with it or not. Glad yours was correctable for sure. I look for the dot most times, on the V1 I hit the magnify and let it zoom in for me and get it focused if I'm having troubles.

Oosty wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Well, that's a bummer if glasses won't fix your eyesight at your young age(guessing at age since your oldest is my oldest granddaughter's age). My left eye is -6.50 and my right is -5.75 and the bifocal part is +2.50 right now, putting me in the severely myopic category, thankfully still correctable with glasses and I can still shoot MF with FX, DX or CX.

Hi Laura - I was -12.75 and -13.50 prior to lasic surgery in 1996 (I'd worn hard contacts since I was about 19 - 32 years) and was lucky enough to be able to see pretty well. I've since had a cataract removed and a lens replaced in my left eye and wear glasses for distance work. I don't have too much trouble focusing with MF lenses and DX cameras although it did take some practice.

Part of the problem is the focusing screen which is not much different from my old Pentax fresnel screen and focusing would be a piece of cake with a split screen or even a KatzEye.

Peter

leighton w

What's that old movie quote?..."I feel the need for speed"!

NightOwl Cat

Not sure if Blogger has a spot to hold comments till you approve them, would cut down on the visible spam.

leighton w wrote:
leighton w wrote:
It's time to show you the latest stats from the blog. Looks pretty popular.

Pageviews today
Pageviews yesterday
Pageviews last month
Pageviews all time history

Mishu01 wrote:
Thanks Leighton for your hard work!

What can I say? Romania shows a great interest in Nikon MF glass and particularly in Nikki's adventure! :-)

Thanks Mihai.

After you mentioned what you did about Romania, I got curious and looked into the stats a little more. It seems the blog has been spammed and they decided to use your post number 7 to do it! I've been getting emails stating that there was a comment made on this post but I never saw any, so I just ignored them. seems that one post has over 400 hits more on it than any other posts in the entire blog.

It's a shame they had to pick on our blog. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done through Blogger, but I'll check into it.

NightOwl Cat

Congrats on the new to you Macbook Pro. I'm really disliking the fact that they're pulling the optical drives out of the newer versions though.

Rinie Hoff wrote:

Too bad you didn't have a green screen cloth, add the aquarium later Bummer you couldn't make a go of it, maybe an ebay store would work?

Zichar wrote:
Why is a notebook a he but a lens a she?

>>

The ribbon-making venture didn't quite fly, only made one sale...
I thought of and crafted this goldfish
Couldn't quite figure out how to make it look like it was swimming in water, copped out and just took the shot by the window

45PCE

i'm given to (CKC_8753) by Zichar, on Flickr

, I'm contemplating dropping an SSD into this machine even though it "only" does 8GB of RAM.

leighton w wrote:
Chris Dees wrote:
Rinie Hoff wrote:

NightOwl Cat

Some Christmas lights on display

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Beautiful shots, Laura. Love #2 and #3

leighton w

leighton w wrote:
It's time to show you the latest stats from the blog. Looks pretty popular.

Pageviews today
Pageviews yesterday
Pageviews last month
Pageviews all time history

Mishu01 wrote:
Thanks Leighton for your hard work!

What can I say? Romania shows a great interest in Nikon MF glass and particularly in Nikki's adventure! :-)

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Mihai.

After you mentioned what you did about Romania, I got curious and looked into the stats a little more. It seems the blog has been spammed and they decided to use your post number 7 to do it! I've been getting emails stating that there was a comment made on this post but I never saw any, so I just ignored them. seems that one post has over 400 hits more on it than any other posts in the entire blog.

It's a shame they had to pick on our blog. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done through Blogger, but I'll check into it.

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Not sure if Blogger has a spot to hold comments till you approve them, would cut down on the visible spam.

Yea, they do. I'll make sure it's turned on, thanks. The only thing is though, the spams never actually post a comment, I just get an email indicating that they did. But whenever I check the posts there's never a comment, weird.

leighton w

NightOwl Cat wrote:

, I'm contemplating dropping an SSD into this machine even though it "only" does 8GB of RAM.

Believe me, it will make the world of difference.

Great pics by the way!

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

leighton w wrote:
Here's one from our walk yesterday. Shot in the pine trees with the 105 on.

Very nice Leighton. The background is great.
Scott

mp356

montym wrote:
First snowfall for Higgs

Love it!

NightOwl Cat

Thanks Chuong and Leighton. It's about as festive as I think I'm going to get this year. I still need to get the house cleaned up and don't have the urge to do it yet. It's not going anywhere till I deal with it, so I'll deal with it when I'm ready

raboof wrote:
Beautiful shots, Laura. Love #2 and #3

leighton w wrote:

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Believe me, it will make the world of difference.

Great pics by the way!

mp356

saph wrote:
Few more from the Air and Space Museum near Dulles, Virginia. Mix of 55 1.2S and 105 1.8 I think. Didn't use the 180 2.8 much.

Samy

Battered and bruised from the ravages of space.. A close up of Discovery's heat tiles.

Nice abstract Samy. Neat to see them up close.
Scott

leighton w

leighton w wrote:
Here's one from our walk yesterday. Shot in the pine trees with the 105 on.

mp356 wrote:
Very nice Leighton. The background is great.
Scott

Thanks Scott!

NightOwl Cat

This city really went all out, which surprised me

1       2       3              2207      
       2209              5889       5890       end