Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2207

1       2       3              2207      
       2209              4299       4300       end

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6033

kwoodard wrote:
Not 100% sure how I feel about this one. I was going for just the tip of the stamin... Granted, this was done hand held in very poor light as a test...

Series E 50mm 1.8 reversed. f/2 1/50 ISO400

Reversed Nikon Series E 50mm 1.8 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Excellent Kevin - one of those images that I really pause to look at again and again.

Well done!

John

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3011

Thanks Ray, Ron,Georg,Philip,Peter, Samy for comments on Strasbourg shots.

Ray, congrats on 35/1.4, nice first pics with that lens
Georg, really liked the 20mm Northern Trust shots. Great composition.
Peter , very nice pano from Buffalo Bay!

deang001
Total Posts: 1558

montym wrote:
A couple more of the little doggy

Very cute !!

Regie & Rocky getting on OK ... or is Rocky being a standover merchant ?

deang001

stedge wrote:
nice pick up.

Now speaking of picking up, the Turd saw the cute little doggie and started to consider waking up... and then he gave up and went back to napping. Nice life.

All too hard for the poor guy !! Sleeping is a serious endeavour. Nicely photographed btw.

deang001

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Cathedral of Strasbourg, 28 2.8 :

Holy Smokes Batman !! That second shot is just brilliant ... one of your best imo. Very nicely done, Philippe.

deang001

georgms wrote:
A picture taken 2009 with the 20/3.5 Ais at f/16 to get a nice sun-star:

bow von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Had to remove zillions of dustspots, the drawback of shooting at f/16

Two pictures from today:

They are all good, but I love the first one. You composition is always first rate, Georg.

montym
Total Posts: 4711

MDoc9523 wrote:
montym wrote:
A couple more of the little doggy

Great shot. i can't wait until my 85mm 1.4 arrives

I predict you'll love it! It's my favorite lens!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9445

Zichar wrote:
Thanks for posting that comment Monty, about how Nikki has reinvigorated your passion for photography
I’ve enjoyed everything you’ve posted so far
It got me browsing through the blog again from start to end, and reminiscing on my own experiences with
It reminded me that I too, was in a rut, until I received that brown box and then everything was in a blur, swept in a whirlwind of shutter clicks, hastily made plans and meticulously laid ones; cancel an appointment here, take the day off there
Thanks for the timely reminder, I feel a second wind coming…

I believe all of us get in a rut from time-to-time. I was in a rut for years and when I rediscovered these lenses after MANY years away from them then I immediately feel back in love.

I'm pretty sure that most of you regulars on this thread feel the same way. And when a new lens comes in the mail, the excitement begins all over again! I think this is one reason why the term "kit building is forever" is so true.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3548

Hmm I haven't bought a lens in 6 months... what was that 12 step program again?

James Markus
Total Posts: 4435

They don't make them like they use to. This is a Stereo Knob that broke off a tape deck I donated to a charity electronics collection; and then found in the floor of my car a week later. Each knob was milled from solid aluminum alloy.

Whole knob - 20mm Nikkor ais

End of the knob - reversed 20mm Nikkor ais

Zichar
Total Posts: 3548

Thought of another so I broke out the flashes again
She's such a willing model
Paid for in doggy treats...
w/ 35mm f/2 AI

midnight snack by Zichar, on Flickr

montym

leighton w wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Thanks for posting that comment Monty, about how Nikki has reinvigorated your passion for photography
I’ve enjoyed everything you’ve posted so far
It got me browsing through the blog again from start to end, and reminiscing on my own experiences with
It reminded me that I too, was in a rut, until I received that brown box and then everything was in a blur, swept in a whirlwind of shutter clicks, hastily made plans and meticulously laid ones; cancel an appointment here, take the day off there
Thanks for the timely reminder, I feel a second wind coming…

I believe all of us get in a rut from time-to-time. I was in a rut for years and when I rediscovered these lenses after MANY years away from them then I immediately feel back in love.

I'm pretty sure that most of you regulars on this thread feel the same way. And when a new lens comes in the mail, the excitement begins all over again! I think this is one reason why the term "kit building is forever" is so true.

I need constant encouragement and motivation from others. This thread helps A LOT. My local Photo Club is also a big help. I attend the club board meetings and try get the club to have a lot of photo shoots. We are starting a monthly meet up. Very informal. Shoot for an hour then drink coffee and talk smart. But mostly get us out taking pictures!

New lenses and new software always helps! I downloaded the On One Suite a few days ago. (I think I'll stick with Nik)

Anything that gets me taking pictures is good!!!

Monty

montym

Zichar wrote:
w/ 35mm f/2 AI

That is hilarious

montym

And the GOOD news is...
I just bought Matt's 55mm f/1.2 ai
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MarkdV
Total Posts: 746

montym wrote:
And the GOOD news is...
I just bought Matt's 55mm f/1.2 ai
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice one!

It seems the 85mm has a new challenger on the block. Who will win the prized place on Monty's camera?

James Markus

Really wonderful moment, Monty.

montym wrote:
WOW
Rocky towers over this guy!

James Markus

Love this, Chin!

Zichar wrote:
w/ 35mm f/2 AI

midnight snack by Zichar, on Flickr

James Markus

The tilted horizon adds a lot...I really like this one!

georgms wrote:
A picture taken 2009 with the 20/3.5 Ais at f/16 to get a nice sun-star:

bow von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Had to remove zillions of dustspots, the drawback of shooting at f/16

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13157

I need to do some serious catching up after being away for a week attending to some important matters and will do so in the next couple of days. But before I go back I'll post one of my mistakes with the 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd from yesterday. On Saturday, I did a photo shoot for a friend who is negotiating a book deal and needed a head shot for the book jacket. We did most of the shooting inside and I don't have lights, so I shot in manual mode, relying on the D700 to compensate for the low light. I'll post a couple of photos of the day later. The camera was definitely up to the task, as was the 105 f/1.8 AI-s I opted to use. But I forgot to change settings before shooting boats along a channel in San Rafael and as you would expect, setting the shutter speed at 1/125th of a second was not going to work very well in bright sunlight at f/5.6. Oh well... mistakes happen...

Glad to be back... and now to catch up...

rankamateur
Total Posts: 854

CGrindahl wrote:
I need to do some serious catching up after being away for a week attending to some important matters and will do so in the next couple of days. But before I go back I'll post one of my mistakes with the 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd from yesterday. On Saturday, I did a photo shoot for a friend who is negotiating a book deal and needed a head shot for the book jacket. We did most of the shooting inside and I don't have lights, so I shot in manual mode, relying on the D700 to compensate for the low light. I'll post a couple of photos of the day later. The camera was definitely up to the task, as was the 105 f/1.8 AI-s I opted to use. But I forgot to change settings before shooting boats along a channel in San Rafael and as you would expect, setting the shutter speed at 1/125th of a second was not going to work very well in bright sunlight at f/5.6. Oh well... mistakes happen...

Glad to be back... and now to catch up...

Hey if were not for the shimmer on the water it would look like some mega dollar water color painting done by a famous artist. Still looks pretty cool!

1       2       3              2207      
       2209              4299       4300       end