Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2205

1       2       3              2205      
2206
       2207              5889       5890       end

NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

Matt, I'm hoping he gets quite a bit of what is on his Santa list.

Matt OHarver wrote:
Hi guys, I actually got an afternoon off this week that didn't include a trip to a doctor or a treatment center. Brandon had a Holiday Party in St. Louis so we drove him up and had some fun for a few hours. He and Santa discussed his list he brought with him. There are very few things that come along with his disease, however it has kept his childhood innocence around so that these special moments still happen even at 15. D4 and 35MM F1.4


MJO_5680 by MattOphotog, on Flickr


MJO_5684 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

Tony, it's in a lot better shape because I had to send it for repairs after I dropped it and a D700 on a store floor, APS got the nod for repairs and I had everything back in my hands in about a week... In that box should also be a ring with the original serial number to it. Send your text and images to Leighton's email address and he'll get them on the blog in between sheep tending and fixing broken things on the farm

vpik01 wrote:
Georg - the party was great, everyone survived and enjoyed themselves... very late night though!

Scott, nightowlcat, Philippe - Thanks for the good wishes with Nikki, she is a great looking lens by the way. One of the best condition older Nikkors I've used for sure.

Rafael - Wow your FTN is sparkling! Mine is in good user condition but nothing like that beauty!! Also that velvia shot of SF is great, the neon lights and sunset really pop.

Leighton - I like the sepia toned shot of the village from a couple days ago! Hey how do I get your images/text to put on the blog?



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

Jorge, too bad your eyesight is failing you and you have to dump all your Nikon lenses like you say here, http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171814/0#11171021 and I suppose the same goes for your Zeiss manual focus lenses too.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

Wow Tony, I can almost reach out and touch that first one. bravo!

vpik01 wrote:
Nikki in DC - Update #2

My late night of holiday partying doomed my idea to get out early and do some sunrise shooting with Nikki and while the day nearly got away from me I did swing by the Capitol on my way home. It was misting and rainy which is one of my favorite 'looks' for the Capitol Dome, the lights look cool in a mist/fog setting. I ended up focusing (pun intended) on some found reflections on the eastern plaza above the relatively new Capitol Visitor Center. Enjoy!


Great Lens Adventure-DC-6 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr



Jorge Torralba
Registered: May 16, 2007
Total Posts: 2928
Country: United States

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Jorge, too bad your eyesight is failing you and you have to dump all your Nikon lenses like you say here, http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171814/0#11171021 and I suppose the same goes for your Zeiss manual focus lenses too.


Yes. It sucks ! My Zeiss stuff is on B&S as well http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166717/ My kids are telling me to leave them all my old glass but they are only 11 and 14 and don't have jobs. Otherwise I would make them work so they could buy me the AF stuff I want



vpik01
Registered: Feb 28, 2012
Total Posts: 640
Country: United States

Thanks Laura!! The dome is so well lit that at night it does get very three dimensional looking. APS did some good work on Nikki for sure, very clean and smooth!



JimmyChoo
Registered: Apr 22, 2004
Total Posts: 313
Country: Singapore

Dean, thanks for your compliment.

Leighton, I like the shot of Jed in the barn.
I notice something about Jed; his nails looked long. Have you noticed this, that they are longer lately? From what I recall of our second GSD sometime before his passing that his nails seemed to get longer than previously and required clipping. When we found out that he had athritis of the hind legs, we realised that that was the reason for his long nails. Because of the pain he had become less active. All that walking and running about used to naturally file his nails short.



box185
Registered: Oct 14, 2012
Total Posts: 28
Country: United States

x



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

pbraymond wrote:
Grey and wet around here, a couple from the card download today, probably collected over a one week span. Continued good work everyone, enjoy looking at the slices of life around the world.

Welcome to the Particle, nice shot Monty.
Phillipe, applause again at the street photography pics
aRod, continued well wishes for your family and daughter
"Leighton in Paris" put a big smile on my face!
Georg, your work continues to inspire, I esp like the "quick snap on the way to the car"
Jorge "Money for Beer" is a blast

Ray





Love this one Ray







MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

montym wrote:
A couple of young ladies from the photo shoot yesterday!


Monty Nice shots using the 85mm 1.4 especially the first one!



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Paul Gabel wrote:
Great shot, Samy!

I gotta agree with that!!!!!



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

vpik01 wrote:
Nikki in DC - Update #2

My late night of holiday partying doomed my idea to get out early and do some sunrise shooting with Nikki and while the day nearly got away from me I did swing by the Capitol on my way home. It was misting and rainy which is one of my favorite 'looks' for the Capitol Dome, the lights look cool in a mist/fog setting. I ended up focusing (pun intended) on some found reflections on the eastern plaza above the relatively new Capitol Visitor Center. Enjoy!


Terrific Tony






MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

box185 wrote:
I have really been enjoying the photographs and conversations posted here over the past several weeks. I've been wanting to post some images too. The first three were taken by my wife during our visit to the Amana Colonies near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. These are some of her first images with a MF lens. That's me in the orange coat, but the cat quickly caught all of her attention. My attention turned to her in the last photograph.

Great shots Paul, especially the third one.

Ray



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

Well, that's a bummer if glasses won't fix your eyesight at your young age(guessing at age since your oldest is my oldest granddaughter's age). My left eye is -6.50 and my right is -5.75 and the bifocal part is +2.50 right now, putting me in the severely myopic category, thankfully still correctable with glasses and I can still shoot MF with FX, DX or CX.

Jorge Torralba wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Jorge, too bad your eyesight is failing you and you have to dump all your Nikon lenses like you say here, http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171814/0#11171021 and I suppose the same goes for your Zeiss manual focus lenses too.


Yes. It sucks ! My Zeiss stuff is on B&S as well http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166717/ My kids are telling me to leave them all my old glass but they are only 11 and 14 and don't have jobs. Otherwise I would make them work so they could buy me the AF stuff I want



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9316
Country: United States

Welcome Paul, and that is a really pretty cat! I'd have been taken up with it as well


box185 wrote:
I have really been enjoying the photographs and conversations posted here over the past several weeks. I've been wanting to post some images too. The first three were taken by my wife during our visit to the Amana Colonies near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. These are some of her first images with a MF lens. That's me in the orange coat, but the cat quickly caught all of her attention. My attention turned to her in the last photograph.



box185
Registered: Oct 14, 2012
Total Posts: 28
Country: United States

x



box185
Registered: Oct 14, 2012
Total Posts: 28
Country: United States

x



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4210
Country: South Africa

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Well, that's a bummer if glasses won't fix your eyesight at your young age(guessing at age since your oldest is my oldest granddaughter's age). My left eye is -6.50 and my right is -5.75 and the bifocal part is +2.50 right now, putting me in the severely myopic category, thankfully still correctable with glasses and I can still shoot MF with FX, DX or CX.



Hi Laura - I was -12.75 and -13.50 prior to lasic surgery in 1996 (I'd worn hard contacts since I was about 19 - 32 years) and was lucky enough to be able to see pretty well. I've since had a cataract removed and a lens replaced in my left eye and wear glasses for distance work. I don't have too much trouble focusing with MF lenses and DX cameras although it did take some practice.

Part of the problem is the focusing screen which is not much different from my old Pentax fresnel screen and focusing would be a piece of cake with a split screen or even a KatzEye.

Peter



Zichar
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3759
Country: Singapore

I love the reflection on the tiles, Tony. That's a really cool shot.

>>

Never thought I'd ever shoot a brick wall... but the owner asketh, and the photographer obligeth
45 PC-E



zl 002 (tembeling_005) by Zichar, on Flickr



zippy_monster
Registered: Jan 19, 2011
Total Posts: 158
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm about fifteen pages behind... boy can you guys and gals TALK...


None of your zenfolio stuff seems to be showing up in the thread.


rafaelcasd wrote:
zippy_monster wrote:

British dental work. D600 - 28/2.8 AiS - 1/200th - /5.6 - ISO 100

An XK 140? I used to 'borrow' my uncle's when I was in high school.


Good eye!

We were also joined by a '38 Buick straight eight, a Morgan +4, and some two-stroke Vespa among others. It took me a bit to figure out which XK that was since the only familiarity I've got with British vehicles comes from Laycock de Normanville in Swedish cars. :P



1       2       3              2205      
2206
       2207              5889       5890       end