Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2012

1       2       3              2012      
       2014              5884       5885       end

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Jerri isn't quite as camera shy as Taz, but Tom, all I have to do is pick up a camera and he's there. He even tried to photobomb the others as I was shooting, but those never come out good (Tom, that's not your better side when you do that)

(all with Nikki)

Beautiful felines Laura!

MDoc9523

Zichar wrote:
Great use of the 85PCE, georg!

>>

Scrubbing off all the mud away with a stiff-bristled brush, was struck by the amazing redness underneath. Brought it to the kitchen window and grabbed the camera

Water chestnuts
45PCE with natural light

Wonderful lighting Chin

MDoc9523

Here are a few shots from the Great Smoky Mountains. We had such a wonderful time there and i would recommend it to anyone! I used the 16mm 3.5, 135mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

Few from Siem Reap, Cambodia. Over here for a week with my wife and my brother who has joined us from London. The temple ruins are incredible ... pretty different to my usual temples back home in HK

1st & 3rd with the 20mm f/2.8 Ai-S (which will get a nice work out over here !) and the 2nd with the 180 f/2.8 Ai-S.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

Great shots all! I really want more MF lenses, but am currently hamstrung in cash. Anyone know of someone looking for a decent Sigma 70-300mm AF lens? Someone with a seller membership here available to host a lens for me?

MikeW
Total Posts: 1994

montym wrote:
MikeW wrote:
Grey, wet & foggy here...

Beautiful shot Mike!

How long was the exposure?

not too slow, 1/20th

Mike, wonderfully moody shot. Which lens was it with, it's stayed very crisp through the frame?

45mm PC-E, some tilt to increase DOF

There is machinery & stuff on the other side so the fog was perfect to hide it. Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

georgms wrote:
Two shots with the PC 85/2.8 D:

3 tilted vertical shots merged together

2 degrees of tilt on this one (I think this is halfway proper use of the lens :-)

I like these, fellow Tilt Shifter

montym
Total Posts: 4717

Nikki passes inspection in Oshkosh

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Jose, nice birds, great focusing skills
Mike, like the wet & foggy shot
Georg, Great b/w with PC 85/2.8
Ray, wonderful pictures with 16/3.5

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

From the Sainte-Croix wildlife reserve with 180 ais :

MDoc9523

Phillippe those are terrific Lemur shots, especially the one with the tongue.

bmwrider75
Total Posts: 391

Ok, so I've been looking for a 55/1.2. There are a couple on ebay, but they all look different.

There is one at Igor's which says it's an AI converted lens, and another one at Cameta (more$$) which is a genuine AI, but the focusing ring looks totally different (it looks like the 50/1.2, without the big fluted focusing ring).

Which model/style of 55/1.2 should I be trying to find?

dc

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9300

+1

MDoc9523 wrote:
Phillippe those are terrific Lemur shots, especially the one with the tongue.

NightOwl Cat

Thanks everyone!

Monty, I see that Nikki has safely arrived and that Rocky is checking out that cat smell, I kept the boxes out of reach of my cats, however, in my haste to get to the post office, I have discovered the papers that are supposed to be in the box as well, so expect an envelope with those to make an appearance.

Leighton, you've got the blog posts in your email now, and for those that are curious as to what was fixed, here's the list.

replace filter ring
replace focusing helicoid
replace other small parts
lubricate helicoid key
repair focusing mechanism
clean aperture operation
clean lens elements
check optical alignment
general check, adjust and clean

I still haven't looked at the shot of the damage

montym
Total Posts: 4717

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Monty, I see that Nikki has safely arrived and that Rocky is checking out that cat smell, I kept the boxes out of reach of my cats, however, in my haste to get to the post office, I have discovered the papers that are supposed to be in the box as well, so expect an envelope with those to make an appearance.

Leighton, you've got the blog posts in your email now, and for those that are curious as to what was fixed, here's the list.

replace filter ring
lubricate helicoid key
clean aperture operation
clean lens elements
check optical alignment

HUH
I haven't been following the thread to closely lately. Apparently I've missed something important.
What happened to it?
Who paid for the repair?

Monty

NightOwl Cat

Ok, so I finally looked. There's also a brand new NC filter in the box, but I didn't put it on at all.

NightOwl Cat

Monty, as you see in the above photos, there was an accident. I dropped my D700 with Nikki attached, while I was leaving a store. Point of impact was the filter ring. I then went home, took those shots, and sent both off to APS for repairs, and paid for them since I was the person that caused the damage. Notice that the serial number has been changed, to whatever lens that gave up its parts for Nikki.

montym wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks everyone!

replace filter ring
lubricate helicoid key
clean aperture operation
clean lens elements
check optical alignment

HUH
I haven't been following the thread to closely lately. Apparently I've missed something important.
What happened to it?
Who paid for the repair?

Monty

MDoc9523

saph wrote:
Couple with the 50 f2 HC, first to check out bokeh while making coffee. The second is an interesting pumpkin, seemingly covered with peanuts.

Samy

Samy looks like that lens is a real winner. Great shots!

MDoc9523

deang001 wrote:
Few from Siem Reap, Cambodia. Over here for a week with my wife and my brother who has joined us from London. The temple ruins are incredible ... pretty different to my usual temples back home in HK

1st & 3rd with the 20mm f/2.8 Ai-S (which will get a nice work out over here !) and the 2nd with the 180 f/2.8 Ai-S.

Dean these are beautiful. I really like the second one and the kitten is precious!

leighton w
Total Posts: 12614

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Laura's third, fourth and fifth blog post. Lot's of fine images in these!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/

saph
Total Posts: 3699

The birds swooped down to the grass and trees and seem to be collecting twigs and leaves for warm nests in the winter. I hauled up the 500 f4P, took a few shots. Then I got out the TC-301 to get a bit closer to the birds, but then they were suddenly all gone. At least this time I finally got a reasonable shot of the very skittish bluejay. The other two I believe are robins. All taken at F5 or F5.6, in the hurry I didn't realize the non-CPU settings were still set for the 50mm f2 HC.

Oboy shots from Cambodia, a nature reserve in France, the Smokies, night B&Ws from Germany and Jose's BIF shots, and much more. Have to put aside time to go through the last few pages in detail.

Samy

1       2       3              2012      
       2014              5884       5885       end