Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2011

1       2       3              2011      
       2013              4234       4235       end

deang001
Total Posts: 1532

CGrindahl wrote:
Thanks Dean. My wishes for a birthday are very simple, a day with Sue and lunch at a nice restaurant. Since I always have my camera with me, there will doubtless be a few photos taken as well. And yes, the 35 deserves a bit of attention as well. I tend toward the 28 f/2 AI-s but seeing so many of Georg's shots with a 35 inspired me to put it in the camera bag. Here's another...

That is Brix in the background.

Wonderful shot and what a place to spend the day. The Napa Valley looks like a sensational place. You are lucky living in California.

While I don't dislike birthdays, I definitely don't like going overboard with "gatherings" for them ... my wishes are in line with yours ... nice gal and a nice day out

Sue's looking lovely as always ...

leighton w
Total Posts: 9278

I love this shot. The human form in the background, the light falling on the table, and the conversion all fall into place for a fine image.

leighton w

Georg, the rotor shot is great and worth another look.

leighton w

Hey Matt, did he send it with a lens attached?

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13090

leighton w wrote:

The lens he PAID for...

leighton w

While we're on the subject, I'd love to see images taken of the same subject, one taken with the 35mm f1.4, and the other with the 28mm f2 or 2.8.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:

The lens he PAID for...

I guess it would of helped if I'd paid attention to what he wrote.

deang001
Total Posts: 1532

Matt OHarver wrote:
Curtis was nice enough to send me an old FA to run some film through when I get some time. So since I'm waiting to head out to another rainy and now COLD Football game. I thought I'd point the D4 and 85MM F1.4 at it and share his fine camera with the 55MM F1.2 AI mounted on it.

Film cameras are tiny. Even with small hands I feel like I'm going to drop it. I know now why people put motordrives and grips on these old things.

Matt

That's a very cool thing for Curtis to have done. Look forward to seeing your work with film, Matt. Matrix metering is a big bonus.

I actually love the feeling of small cameras like these ... as long as the viewfinder is large !! My mainstay of a DSLR will always be big because I like shooting sport and what not, but if I wasn't I would kill for a FF digital FM2 that mounted these lenses as an every day camera.

georgms
Total Posts: 3394

Leighton, Eric and Curtis - thanks for your comments on the rotor-blades!
Paul, Curtis, Matt and Philippe - I'm glad you guys like the monkey :-)

Samy, beautiful colors and attractive bokeh on your autumn-shots!

Philippe, your garden must be a true "Idylle" - love your pictures of it. The bench-shot is nothing short of spectacular.

Monty, the welder-image is first rate.

Jimmy, welcome and I really like your angling-/fishing-pictures. They awake childhood-memories - thanks :-)

Leighton, I'll try to get some pictures of the same subject with the 35/1.4 and 28/2.

Curtis, the restaurant-shot is very moody - I like it a lot.

Jeff, good job capturing your daughter practicing piano

MikeW
Total Posts: 1939

didn't get much with MF on a day trip to a local river so heres a few with water & rocks & trees

45 pc-e

Thanks,

Mike

mp356
Total Posts: 4285

vpik01 wrote:

Tony, you've got the paper, I've got the enlarger. Did someone say roadtrip? Drive on up here, take photos the whole way, print em all off, and head home! Actually that does sound awesome.

Dylan that DOES sound awesome! It would be a pretty epic road trip, maybe include some ferry rides across the Great Lakes... as an odd twist I was (still not that close) closer to you this week up in Marinette, WI and its sister 'city' Menominee, MI. I think I caught one of the last non-winter feeling weeks!

Here is one shot from the municpal marina in downtown Menominee, I was really excited when I shot it because I had been lining up this horizon shot for a minute or two when I realized I'd get a shot at the family walking on the breakwater as a bonus. As a double bonus I caught them in-step and really liked this shot. I even caught them several minutes later and gave them my email address so hopefully I'll get to send them a copy.

I'm still playing with it in post to get the sky closer to what I remember but wanted to get one shot up there soon. It is the D600 and 105/2.5 AI-s... on a more depressing note I've already contracted my first dust spot on the new sensor... stupidly quick in my opinion and its not something I've had problems with before but I guess it was just a matter of time.

Nice shot Tony. The timing is just right on this.
Scott

mp356

elbeasto wrote:
This was my first deliberate attempt at a pano, I used two single exposures taken with my 35 f2 AI-s.

Steve, very nice pano of the harbor. Great colors and detail.
Scott

mp356

georgms wrote:
One from work today - I wish I had a 85mm with me, the 105 was a tad long:

Unloading rotor blades at the harbour - 105/1.8

Georg, very nice marine shot. I like the boldness of the primary colors and the white highlights.
Well done.
Scott

Big Appa
Total Posts: 1070

Way across the nation, Curtis, is a flower just like the one near Brix!

Big Appa
Total Posts: 1070

And I forgot, nice shot, and the conversion really works!

Ed

montym
Total Posts: 4711

CGrindahl wrote:
And for Monty I have to post at least one BW shot from my birthday... this is inside Brix. Most folks opt for the patio when whether is good so these tables were waiting for the dinner crowd. Shot with the 35 f/1.4 AI-s.

Thanks!!!
Beautiful job Curtis! I really like it!!

Monty

montym

Rocky and his onion!

montym

Crane and a guy...

JimmyChoo
Total Posts: 312

leighton w wrote:
This is just an experiment, I'm playing with flickr.

DSC_8093.jpg by T Leighton Womack, on Flickr

Leighton, your chillies look cool. But I know they are far from cool in the mouth!

Did you grow them?

JimmyChoo
Total Posts: 312

Oosty wrote:
Four of the "Big 5" - no leopards seen and every cat was fast asleep and not in a good position for a pic

The Cape buffalo. Is he the reason why I find the best tasting steaks are from South Africa.
Gimme a T-bone, medium rare!

1       2       3              2011      
       2013              4234       4235       end