Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/1

3              4307       4308       end

passthegravy
Total Posts: 789

105 f/2.5 AI-S. 1/800 at f/2.5 at 400 ISO on D2h. SOOC.

This is the only AI / AI-S lens I have, but I'm looking to add more.

shmn
Total Posts: 349

passthegravy wrote:This is the only AI / AI-S lens I have, but I'm looking to add more.

Looks like another one has caught the bug. And that's a great looking pup.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6849

For those of use - whom have owned and used it for over 50 years - we can only smile, and wish you kids good luck.
Harry

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13177

Kingfishphoto wrote:
For those of use - whom have owned and used it for over 50 years - we can only smile, and wish you kids good luck.
Harry

This kid turns 69 next month but I'd like to believe we're never too old to learn something new or appreciate something old. Fortunately, my baby blues still work well enough that I can find focus with these old lenses.

That said, I hope all of you old timers will join the party and share both your experience and a few photos if you still have them. This apparent renaissance is happening largely because one CAN put old lenses on new camera bodies to make magic all over again. One doesn't have to spend thousands of dollars for the latest/greatest AF-s with nano coating to take photos worth viewing...

dj dunzie
Total Posts: 7020

Apologies if there's some "repeats" from other MF threads... but just some of the recent ones I enjoyed from MF glass...

pmcmanis
Total Posts: 134

CGrindahl wrote:
Fortunately, my baby blues still work well enough that I can find focus with these old lenses.

when worse comes to worst, take your 28/24mm and stop down, anything outside of about 10 feet will be good enough

Im a big fan of any well executed 50mm f1.2; the nikon one happens to be excellent in my personal opinion.

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 5181

I've posted this before, but here is one with the 20mm f/4 Nikkor and D700:

Gary Clennan

Here is a couple with the 75-150mm f/3.5 Series E Nikkor with D700:

Gary Clennan

One with the 28mm f/2.8 CRC Nikkor and D200. I have a lot more with this great lens but I nead to dig them up...

Gary Clennan

Here is another with the Nikkor 85mm f/2 which is quite underated.... Taken with D200.

Todd Adamson
Total Posts: 5209

DJ, some great stuff in that last post!

Here's more creamy goodness from the 135, fresh off the CF card....just got back from the session:

CGrindahl

I envy you Todd... you have folks looking straight into your camera lens who actually WANT to have their photos taken. I assume you have some sort of release that permits you to share these images with us. My best portraiture work is always with family and friends who might be offended if I posted their photos online. These are scrumptious!

CGrindahl

Gary Clennan wrote:
One with the 28mm f/2.8 CRC Nikkor and D700. I have a lot more with this great lens but I nead to dig them up...

I bought this lens as part of a three lens deal from Veroman and he said this was his favorite of the three. I've been rather captivated by the 50 f/1.2 AI-s and haven't had much occasion to play with this lens. I did a bit of night shooting with it last week but failed to change the lens designation so the EXIF is all messed up. I posted this on another forum where it has pretty much been ignored. I don't think its that bad!

Todd Adamson

Thanks, Curtis.

I have a release form that I SUPPOSED to make everyone sign, but to be honest I get a little sloppy from time to time and go with a simple oral approval. I know I shouldn't do that, but I haven't gotten trouble yet. Knock on wood. With small children I am more careful about it, and I don't generally share names.

CGrindahl

Where are the longer shots? Luminosity will be disappointed if no one comes up with a MF shot from a 180 f/2.8 AI. I know the 200 f/4 AIS still works... how about that one folks?

CGrindahl

Todd Adamson wrote:
Thanks, Curtis.

I have a release form that I SUPPOSED to make everyone sign, but to be honest I get a little sloppy from time to time and go with a simple oral approval. I know I shouldn't do that, but I haven't gotten trouble yet. Knock on wood. With small children I am more careful about it, and I don't generally share names.

I posted on another forum a photo I'd taken of a fellow I recognized who worked at the time at the local camera store. For the fun of it I sent a link to the photo to the store and apparently he got a bit of ribbing because in the photo he was surrounded by attractive young women and I noted that fact in my commentary on the image. He contacted me and asked how I could post the image without his having signed the release. I did a bit of research at the time and found my sharing of an image taken in a public space for which there was no compensation paid, meant I was within my rights. That said, when someone tells me they don't want me to take their photo, even in a public place I oblige. I've no doubt that when you're in the business you have to care for such details, even if it is informally with clients. I'm glad you share these images. That lens is a killer!

Todd Adamson

CGrindahl wrote:
Where are the longer shots? Luminosity will be disappointed if no one comes up with a MF shot from a 180 f/2.8 AI. I know the 200 f/4 AIS still works... how about that one folks?

I'm afraid that 200 f/4 has been sittin' on the shelf since the 135 got here. Maybe I'll take it for another spin soon. Here's a couple you've probably already seen from when I first took delivery of the 200:

ecidi
Total Posts: 2099

Here is one of my 28 f2.8 ais image

Gary Clennan

Really nice shots with the 135mm Todd! I may have to try that lens out...

ecidi
Total Posts: 2099

50 f1.4 ais

3              4307       4308       end