Einstein questions answered
/forum/topic/876748/19

1       2       3              19      
       end

hobbit
Total Posts: 486

Thanks for the pricing info. While I'm pleasantly surprised, any particular reason as to why the pricing on the mini is less than the Vagabond II?

Paul Buff
Total Posts: 2775

The V2 has a bigger and more expensive, and somewhat finicky inverter. Mini is more advanced and easy to manufacture and should be very reliable. The Lithium battery technology has finally evolved to the point of being feasible, completely safe and obvious for this use. SLA batteries will be gone soon.

Also, in this economy, we are keeping selling prices as low as we can possibly achieve.

canonbuff
Total Posts: 104

So any word on Einsteins?, thought the 10th was to be the start of assembly, do not want to call on status, but quite a wait! Anyone hear anything? Backorder placed, but have not heard anything since day of!

canonbuff

Enough said?

Molokai
Total Posts: 135

canonbuff, you can email PCB customer service. I'm also waiting expectantly. I hope to get my lights before xmas

(But then, I am in europe, so after PCB ships to my carrier, they will do a boat-trip before coming here...)

canonbuff

Molokai,

Thanks, just the wait is killing me. Like you said Xmas is probably the time, I will now know the gift I will be getting.

Mardel
Total Posts: 122

This looks fun. I cant wait to capture something like this at a fraction of the cost / rental fee. http://www.profoto-usa.com/news/press/kelly-kline.asp

Two23
Total Posts: 3444

Paul Buff wrote:
The Lithium battery technology has finally evolved to the point of being feasible, completely safe and obvious for this use. SLA batteries will be gone soon.

You could be right, but I'm still dithering over whether I want to switch from my Vagabond 1 packs to the new VagaBuffium. The lightness of the new battery cuts both ways for me. When I've got my X3200 strobes 13 ft. up in the air, I absolutely have to ballast them with something. On calmer nights the battery packs alone do a good job. With lithium batteries, I will still have to carry something to weight down the stands, possibly negating the weight savings on the battery. I have one or two of the new batteries coming and will see how these work out for me. There are usually big rocks and chunks of old railroad ties or rails lying about that I also use for ballast. The new batteries will take up a lot less space in my RAV4.

Kent in SD

1       2       3              19      
       end