ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/857

1       2       3              857      
       859              956       957       end

Blackout
Total Posts: 31

Neddie Seagoon wrote:
Intrigued by this new 135. Anybody have any people/portraits that they would like to share from this lens?

Wide open

Stopped down

And a few others from the Apo Sonnar (all in larger size on my Flickr page)

rirakuma
Total Posts: 336

that lens is very impressive

Neddie Seagoon
Total Posts: 402

Wow.

Cheers, Blackout. Very nice, and I'm sure that the fantastic quality of these shots is totally down to the lens and when I get one I'll be able to do just as well....

Thanks.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2840

Another one with 100 MP :

rpiotr01
Total Posts: 21

Hi everyone, new poster here. Quick question for this particular group - does anyone own and use both the 35 2 and 50 1.4?

I rented a 35 2 last summer for a few days and liked it so much I've have had my heart set on one ever since, but I've also always been a fan of a fast 50 and I like the sample images I've seen from the 50 1.4, pretty different than the way my Sigma 50 1.4 renders.

Thanks, and let me say there are more outstanding photos in this thread than I could appreciate in a lifetime!

dthrog00
Total Posts: 216

rpiotr01,

Others here may be able to help you better than I can. I tried the 2/35 last summer on the Canon 60D and greatly enjoyed it. I never used it on a full frame camera. I picked up the Zeiss 1.4/50 this past December and the full frame 6D in March. Both lenses are great although the 50 has become much more fun to use on full frame.

The 50 is harder to use because of focus shift. If you are shooting at at f/2 to f/4 from close range you need to double check focus with the lens stopped down (I use DOF preview button) to verify focus hasn't changed from where it was at f/1.4 Personally, I've only had to modify my focus a handful of times, but it's worth keeping in mind.

How do you like the Sigma? As you mentioned the Zeiss 50 renders differently. It's really sharp stopped down and has lots of character near wide open. I have lots of images on Flickr with it if you want to see them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68255851@N05/tags/zeissplanart1450/

If you have the Sigma 50 and like it maybe the Zeiss 2/35 would be a better fit for you?

Dave

Frogfish
Total Posts: 2384

I'd forgotten how simply superb the work in this thread is !

Hoping not to drag it down too much. All Zeiss 21/2.8 on a D800.

Birding and bird pic processing has gone to the back-burner during this week's rain, so a chance to process some of the outstanding 2,000 shots or more from NZ that remain after 'The Cull'

Bobu
Total Posts: 1343

Frogfish wrote:
I'd forgotten how simply superb the work in this thread is !

Hoping not to drag it down too much. All Zeiss 21/2.8 on a D800.

Birding and bird pic processing has gone to the back-burner during this week's rain, so a chance to process some of the outstanding 2,000 shots or more from NZ that remain after 'The Cull'

I really like the first rain shot!

Boris

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1864

Nice Z
Great shot Frogfish

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2840

Thanks Ronny!

Love both of them ^ but #2 is fantastic!

dubaiphil
Total Posts: 811

A couple more with the 2/35 ZF2

Diploneis
Total Posts: 299

What a collection of awesome images guys! Well done everybody!

And here is La Bella with 100MP and B&W conversion in VSCO Film.

Cheers,
Martynas

rpiotr01
Total Posts: 21

dthrog00 wrote:
rpiotr01,

Others here may be able to help you better than I can. I tried the 2/35 last summer on the Canon 60D and greatly enjoyed it. I never used it on a full frame camera. I picked up the Zeiss 1.4/50 this past December and the full frame 6D in March. Both lenses are great although the 50 has become much more fun to use on full frame.

The 50 is harder to use because of focus shift. If you are shooting at at f/2 to f/4 from close range you need to double check focus with the lens stopped down (I use DOF preview button) to verify focus hasn't changed from where it was at f/1.4 Personally, I've only had to modify my focus a handful of times, but it's worth keeping in mind.

How do you like the Sigma? As you mentioned the Zeiss 50 renders differently. It's really sharp stopped down and has lots of character near wide open. I have lots of images on Flickr with it if you want to see them:

If you have the Sigma 50 and like it maybe the Zeiss 2/35 would be a better fit for you?

Dave

Thanks Dave! I'm dead set on the 35/2, was just thinking about the 50/1.4 in addition to it. The Sigma has smooooooth blur wide open and smooth bokeh, and pretty sharp in the center. Basically a lens made to address most consumer complaints about fast 50mm lenses. Focus is garbage and unreliable so I use it exclusively as a MF lens, but the focus throw is so short it's very difficult to nail critical focus, more luck than anything. So I figure while I'm using MF anyway might as well go for one of the better MF 50mm lenses out there.

Just trying to see if others use both, or if they find it redundant. I think 35 to 50mm is a bigger jump than it seems so I'd probably use both.

Thanks for the sample shots, BTW - that's very helpful.

dthrog00
Total Posts: 216

rpiotr01 wrote:
dthrog00 wrote:
rpiotr01,

Dave

Thanks Dave! I'm dead set on the 35/2, was just thinking about the 50/1.4 in addition to it. The Sigma has smooooooth blur wide open and smooth bokeh, and pretty sharp in the center. Basically a lens made to address most consumer complaints about fast 50mm lenses. Focus is garbage and unreliable so I use it exclusively as a MF lens, but the focus throw is so short it's very difficult to nail critical focus, more luck than anything. So I figure while I'm using MF anyway might as well go for one of the better MF 50mm lenses out there.

Just trying to see if others use both, or if they find it redundant. I think 35 to 50mm is a bigger jump than it seems so I'd probably use both.

Thanks for the sample shots, BTW - that's very helpful.

If you use the Sigma exclusively as manual focus then the 50 Planar or 50 Makro Planar may be a great fit for you. The MP would have the added benefit of being able to do 1:2 macro. Personally, I like the drawing style of the Planar and use it most of the time for "normal" work.

Dave

wfrank
Total Posts: 2739

Lieutenant Z wrote:
100 MP :

Amazing shot Z!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1864

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4451

Wow, I've been a way too long . . . Finally put my Zeiss ZEs to good use in Yosemite earlier this week. My first time there.

Greggf
Total Posts: 1172

Fantastic shots above, Bob! You stated you wished you'd used the RX1, more while there, but I think your ZE shots are outstanding!! (As are you RX1 shots, too)
Gregg

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4451

Thanks Gregg! I ended up using the RX1 as more of a point and shoot whereas the Canon/ZEs were mostly all tripod shot. I need to put that RX1 through the same regimen and see what it can do as well.

loosh
Total Posts: 380

ZM 35 2.8 on a NEX-5n.

1       2       3              857      
       859              956       957       end