ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/833

1       2       3              833      
834
       835              998       999       end

Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

Mescalamba wrote:
Rodluvan

Thats D700? Some sweet colors you have..


Thanks!

Yes, the D700 at base iso. As I said earlier in this thread somewhere, lately I've been really hooked on the colours produced by [what I assume] is the zeiss lenses (o/c in combination with an appropriate post processing from raw). Having only two other non zeiss lenses (Nikkor 2.8/180 and 2.8/24-70) I can not say for certain if this is specific to Zeiss or some placebo effect, but I'm happy about the performance non the less.

Now I'm shooting mainly with D3x and try to keep it at base iso as well, almost purely for the colours.

this is with the medium format hasselblad lens 2.8/80 (non T* coated) on d3x






Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

zhangyue wrote:
but hardly dominate compare to person behind it.


I tend to agree, first and foremost in most cases (thankfully) is the photog, but I remember using the older nikkor ai and ais lenses. Although sharp, they had far from the saturated colours and contrast the newer lenses have. The difference seem to be coating mainly.



Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

So actually it's not the coating as the most colorful lens I have is the non T* coated medium format 2.8/80



Mescalamba
Registered: Jul 06, 2011
Total Posts: 3338
Country: Czech Republic

Coatings can shift colors, T* does have that signature shift to magenta/blue, at least that old one on C/Y. Newer has sorta "polarizer" like colors (when boosted via saturation).

In case of that Hassy lens, its probably due good glass itself. Tho some coating is most likely there too.

Sure its about photographer I dont deny that (even tho its not obvious Im taking some photos too sometimes ). I was just curious what made those colors look like this. Mostly D700 colors look all the same, just different PP tweaks, but base is same. These two look a lot different.. Plus it has really impressive amount of details. I guess you had great light too.

Dont take it as denial of skill, I never do that.



Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

Mescalamba wrote:
Dont take it as denial of skill, I never do that.


Oh, not to worry, I'm glad you like them.



wfrank
Registered: Feb 09, 2011
Total Posts: 2977
Country: Sweden

Really like those BW interpretations of Röros diploneis. It's a picturesque place for sure but you add something to the scene.



shervin2
Registered: Dec 27, 2012
Total Posts: 63
Country: N/A

C/Y 28-85



dgjean
Registered: May 15, 2006
Total Posts: 579
Country: Italy

Rodluvan wrote:

this is with the medium format hasselblad lens 2.8/80 (non T* coated) on d3x


Just curious, but what kind of adapter would one have to use to mount a Hasselblad (Carl Zeiss) lens to a Nikon DLSR?



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16067
Country: Germany

Err, trick question? A Hasselblad to Nikon adapter You need to open the leaf shutter.



dgjean
Registered: May 15, 2006
Total Posts: 579
Country: Italy

carstenw wrote:
Err, trick question? A Hasselblad to Nikon adapter You need to open the leaf shutter.



To open the leaf shutter you would have to cock the lens. How could you do this on a Nikon D3x?



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16067
Country: Germany

IIRC there is a little slot on the back of the lens that you can turn with a screwdriver. You only need to do this once.



Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

this is no biggie, there's a pin on the lens used to stop down, but as the lens is simple gorgeous wide open there's seldom any need.

you turn to decided aperture, focus, then stop down using pin
metering is down backward



Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

carstenw wrote:
IIRC there is a little slot on the back of the lens that you can turn with a screwdriver. You only need to do this once.

Hm, a screwdriver was never involved.



dgjean
Registered: May 15, 2006
Total Posts: 579
Country: Italy

Rodluvan wrote:
this is no biggie, there's a pin on the lens used to stop down, but as the lens is simple gorgeous wide open there's seldom any need.

you turn to decided aperture, focus, then stop down using pin
metering is down backward



I've got one of those tools that will cock the lens but how do you get the lens to mount to the body?



Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

dgjean wrote:


I've got one of those tools that will cock the lens but how do you get the lens to mount to the body?


An adapter. Just search ebay for instance "hasselblad to nikon adapter". No biggie and great fun.



Rodluvan
Registered: Sep 01, 2010
Total Posts: 686
Country: Sweden

said lens wide open (sorry for the off topic lens)


and for the colours


major fuss is; it focuses opposite to nikon lenses (like canon)



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16067
Country: Germany

Rodluvan wrote:
carstenw wrote:
IIRC there is a little slot on the back of the lens that you can turn with a screwdriver. You only need to do this once.

Hm, a screwdriver was never involved.


You can buy a special-purpose tool, but there is no point, as long as you have some mechanical skill. You just have to turn the little slotted circle until the shutter is cocked (when the slot and the red dot line up), about 1 turn or so. I just confirmed on my 80/2.8 CF that if the lens shutter gets triggered, it can be cocked easily with a flat-head screwdriver.



dgjean
Registered: May 15, 2006
Total Posts: 579
Country: Italy

Rodluvan wrote:
dgjean wrote:


I've got one of those tools that will cock the lens but how do you get the lens to mount to the body?


An adapter. Just search ebay for instance "hasselblad to nikon adapter". No biggie and great fun.



Thanks, I didn't know such a thing existed.



akul
Registered: May 30, 2010
Total Posts: 1621
Country: United States

Matynas - So great to see you back. Beautiful shots. Love the BW treatment on these. Shots #1,#2 gives me great sense of space of this tightly woven town.

Jako - The boat shot abstract is very nice.

Rodluvan -I enjoy your color endeavor. Agree with wise guy, that shot is my fav too.



nibutto
Registered: Oct 20, 2012
Total Posts: 202
Country: Italy

zf21
























1       2       3              833      
834
       835              998       999       end