ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/811

1       2       3              811      
       813              973       974       end

Cadaver
Total Posts: 448

John, nice shot with the ZE25/2.8. For a lens with some not so great reviews, it produces some great images. I think it's a sleeper in the Zeiss lineup.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4560

More from my weekend shoot in an old building . . .

JSPHOTOS
Total Posts: 744

Great series Bob! I haven't seen the old Bellsouth logo in a long time. It is Bellsouth, correct?
Truly enjoying my Zeiss 100mm. The 15mm will be in my future, no doubt.

rji2goleez

JSPHOTOS wrote:
Great series Bob! I haven't seen the old Bellsouth logo in a long time. It is Bellsouth, correct?

This building is old enough that it is probably Ma Bell before the split. The building is in Minneapolis, MN.

JSPHOTOS

@Bob - The 3D effect of the last photo in your series along with the detail, shadows and colors are amazing. You continue to make something that could be so mundane speak volumes and come to life. Fantastic work. Have a great week!

rji2goleez

JSPHOTOS wrote:
@Bob - The 3D effect of the last photo in your series along with the detail, shadows and colors are amazing. You continue to make something that could be so mundane speak volumes and come to life. Fantastic work. Have a great week!

Wow, thanks a lot for that comment. I have to admit, the Zeiss 15mm is an amazing lens.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Thank you !!

MJ - Great to see your work here again. Beautiful BW.
John- Great night ( morning ) shot of Picadilly Circus. It is a bit eery with no one in there. Or HDR erased them?
Jochen - Beautiful composition and light.
Martynas- Gorgeous shot. Hat is adding period feel to it. Very nice.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Bob - #4 - the symmetry work, is stunning. Love it.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1716

akul wrote:
Bob - #4 - the symmetry work, is stunning. Love it.

+1 That 4th one might be my favorite from your whole series Bob. Nice work.

Rodluvan
Total Posts: 663

I haven't been around much lately, but it's great to see that you guys are still going and that the inspiration is still there. It's interesting to see especially Bob Israel's architectural work as the curvature of almost all Zeiss lenses except for 1.4/85 (and almost 1.4/50 and 1.4/35) is a bit bothersome for this kind of work imo. If the 15mm photos are not corrected I'm very impressed by it.

Here are a few
28D @ f/2

50P @2

28D @11

If I could make a request, it would be to see more 2.8/25 photos.

rji2goleez

Rodluvan wrote:
I haven't been around much lately, but it's great to see that you guys are still going and that the inspiration is still there. It's interesting to see especially Bob Israel's architectural work as the curvature of almost all Zeiss lenses except for 1.4/85 (and almost 1.4/50 and 1.4/35) is a bit bothersome for this kind of work imo. If the 15mm photos are not corrected I'm very impressed by it.

I can tell you that I haven't done any more correction other than to check the lens profile box in Lightroom v4. Other than that, I might make a vertical adjustment if I missed my alignment in the first place but that's all. I haven't found the need to go further.

Stunning work yourself. I love the first two images . . . the clarity is amazing.

Rodluvan

rji2goleez wrote:
I can tell you that I haven't done any more correction other than to check the lens profile box in Lightroom v4. Other than that, I might make a vertical adjustment if I missed my alignment in the first place but that's all. I haven't found the need to go further.

Stunning work yourself. I love the first two images . . . the clarity is amazing.

Ok, thanks. I don't use LR, I only use CNX2 and PS. Have you downloaded profile for each lens to LR, or how does it figure out the distortion?

rji2goleez

Rodluvan wrote:
rji2goleez wrote:

Ok, thanks. I don't use LR, I only use CNX2 and PS. Have you downloaded profile for each lens to LR, or how does it figure out the distortion?

The profiles are built into Lightroom. This is why they come out with periodic upgrades within a version . . . to add cameras and lenses to the profiles. Legacy lenses are typically not included. So, won't find corrections for the CY85 or other CY lenses, for example.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2196

Great shots Daniel och Bob

Rodluvan

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shots Daniel och Bob

Thanks!

Now, how's this for flair control?

21D @5.6

JSPHOTOS

Great shots everyone. Another hit-n-run by me today. So sorry but "life" has me running wild. It's driving me crazy as I want to spend some time with this amazing lens. Soon...

100 f/2

Lamp by jimservies | photography, on Flickr

Reagan
Total Posts: 2873

rji2goleez wrote:
JSPHOTOS wrote:

This building is old enough that it is probably Ma Bell before the split. The building is in Minneapolis, MN.

I believe the Bell logo is post 1983 that's when Judge Green broke up the Bell System
I worked under that Bell Logo for 38 years Southern Bell, Bell South, and The hated ATT
All in Florida. The color Scheme of Blue /Yellow was after 1983 The early Colors were a drab Green and Gold when it was the Bell System including Bell Labs, Western Electric, and the early ATT (good guys)
Excellent Series Bob, Hope you all don't mind the history lesson

Reagan

By the way I grew up in Knoxville Go Vols!

rji2goleez

Reagan wrote:
rji2goleez wrote:
JSPHOTOS wrote:

I believe the Bell logo is post 1983 that's when Judge Green broke up the Bell System
I worked under that Bell Logo for 38 years Southern Bell, Bell South, and The hated ATT
All in Florida. The color Scheme of Blue /Yellow was after 1983 The early Colors were a drab Green and Gold when it was the Bell System including Bell Labs, Western Electric, and the early ATT (good guys)
Excellent Series Bob, Hope you all don't mind the history lesson

Reagan

Much appreciated!

JSPHOTOS

Yes, thanks Reagan. Great info! Great to hear you're a Knoxville boy too! Click on my flickr link and look at the photo in my stream just before the one I posted here. Hopefully, you'll appreciate it and make you a little home-sick too. Do you ever make it back this way?

Edit: Go Vols!

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

a salute to the Lautrec exhibition - which is unfortunately not coming to Sydney

ben

QVB - zeiss 35mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

QVB - zeiss 100mm f 2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

1       2       3              811      
       813              973       974       end