ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/810

1       2       3              810      
       812              986       987       end

Diploneis
Total Posts: 311

Wonderful images everybody! Sorry for not commenting much lately - but preparation for moving from US to Norway takes all my time.

Here are some portraits of beautiful Julia taken with 5DMKII & Ziess Distagon 35mm F2. All wide open, light - big reflector and on camera diffused flash in high sync mode set -2 stops. Processed in VSCO film and CS6.

Cheers,
Martynas

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2852

So nice!

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Jako- Thank you !! It certainly is a heavy lens and wish it were lighter to take to trails as it diminishes the number of lens I am willing to take with. Say if I take 1.4/35, then I may not want to take 100MP with me on the same hike. On the other hand, that forces me to think harder, which is not a bad thing.

Jako - Beautiful series. Especially #1 and #3. For #1,composition utilizing the mysterious dark clevis. For the simplicity and texture of #3.

Martynas - Great set as always. Your portraits are stunning, so as your landscape works, which I miss too. Thank you for sharing the secret lighting ingredients. Norway ! Sounds like you are moving to the capitol region ( Scandinavia) of all great photographers. Stay warm and look forward to see your take on Norwegian sceneries.

Ah, forgot.

ZF.2 1.4/35 WO

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4667

Martynas - Nice set. You know, while I do love the Zeiss 35/1.4, there's something about the 35/2 that I've always loved and missed.

Here are some window views from a year long project I have been commissioned to start. It is capturing the before, during and after on the revitalization of my company's old HQ building.

rji2goleez

Luka - we must have posted at the same time. Wow, a shot with the 35/1.4 WO, what a surprise! A shot after my own heart . . . narrow DOF of a bicycle on the street. Nice . . .

akul

Bob - Likewise. That explains why I had refresh problem. I agree with the thing with 35 2. Martynas's wo portraits really showcase the strength. Love your #1 and the last one, although I like all of them. The bifurcated comp with window frame and shadow diagonal on #1 is very strong.

rji2goleez

akul wrote:
Bob - Likewise. That explains why I had refresh problem. I agree with the thing with 35 2. Martynas's wo portraits really showcase the strength. Love your #1 and the last one, although I like all of them. The bifurcated comp with window frame and shadow diagonal on #1 is very strong.

Thanks. The first is probably my favorite from yesterday's outing. I did shoot the last one WO with the 35 but then the skyline in the window is blurred and I didn't quite get the effect I was hoping for.

Zeiss 35/1.4 ZE

akul

Bob - Ah, this is a tough call for me. I like the WO with its dreamy scene, which is a bit strayed from the approach of the rest of the series. As a stand alone though, I do like WO one very much. I really like the color on the door, and the buildings behind, but also wonder BW potential.

rji2goleez

akul wrote:
Bob - Ah, this is a tough call for me. I like the WO with its dreamy scene, which is a bit strayed from the approach of the rest of the series. As a stand alone though, I do like WO one very much. I really like the color on the door, and the buildings behind, but also wonder BW potential.

Ask and you shall receive! I like the BW option but the brightly colored blue door is pretty dramatic in the color version. Thoughts?

Zeiss 35/1.4 ZE @ f/1.4

MJWong
Total Posts: 155

Some recent film shots using a Leica M6 with a Zeiss Biogon 35/2 ZM

One..

Surprised Angry Scared?

Two..

Photo Heaven

Three..

Majestic

Four..

In Search of Landscape

johnahill
Total Posts: 2532

Diploneis - Awesome portraits

Here's one from Picadilly Circus this morning, the bright billboards rule out a single exposure so this was 4 shots combined in Photomatix, but then the electronic billboards were a mess so i layered one with the HDR image and masked it on.

ZE25/2.8

rji2goleez

John - Nice job on this image, especially with the billboard.

johnahill

Cheers Bob, love the interior shots, especially the one with the table, gives a unique feeling of space but with the colours and details from the windows, cool.

johnahill

rji2goleez wrote:
John - Nice job on this image, especially with the billboard.

Shame about the 10 billion bits of chewing gum on the pavement tho

Picture This!
Total Posts: 1932

Akul, beautiful work with the 1.4/35
Diploneis, great portraits. Love the entire set and processing. Top notch !
Bob, hard to pick from an excellent set but #1 and #3 are special. Are they HDR ?

Also, I sold my 2/35 and missed it so much that I bought it back. Should be arriving tomorrow. I agree, there's something about the 2/35 !

rji2goleez

Picture This! wrote:

Bob, hard to pick from an excellent set but #1 and #3 are special. Are they HDR ?

Thanks John - Yes, they are HDR. I use Nik's HDR Efex Pro v2.

akul

Bob - I see. You are right, I miss the blue door which was striking in color.

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

rji2goleez wrote:
Luka - we must have posted at the same time. Wow, a shot with the 35/1.4 WO, what a surprise! A shot after my own heart . . . narrow DOF of a bicycle on the street. Nice . . .

+1
very nice Luka

beautiful window series Bob. The blue door shot works in colour and B&W. But the B&W made me think that it might work better in colour if the rest of the picture (other than the door and shaft) were desaturated a bit - just a bit - not so it's noticeable - but so there's less yellow and brown and a bit less colour out the window - and if the floor were lightened slightly?

ben

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1811

Very nice portraits Martynas.
Luka, nice. Shooting this wideopen works well.
Bob, also very nice again.
MJWong, nice atmosphere with the mist.
John, cool. I've never seen it that empty!

35/2 ZE:

Diploneis
Total Posts: 311

Luka, Bob, MJ, Jochen - great images!!! And Thank you all for comments!!!

Here is one more from yesterdays shoot:

Cheers,
Martynas

1       2       3              810      
       812              986       987       end