ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/803

1       2       3              803      
       805              978       979       end

StormyWeather
Total Posts: 1

Hello,
Firstly a big thank for this thread very high quality photographic and gives a great idea of ​​what can be achieved with Zeiss lenses.
Attracted by rendering "3D" feature of these lenses and not wishing to acquire a very wide angle, I hesitate between 35 f2, the 50MP or possibly 50 1.4. I own a 5D Mark II.
Thank you very much for your opinion

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1583

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! (or happy holidays if that is more politically correct...)

I have been away for some time - too much work and crappy stuff going on = too little inspiration = no interest towards photography. I'll be back at May 2013 Rather nice looking work here, last few pages, maybe I'll read few pages more tomorrow and get outside and actually shoot some photos..

Few photos from August photoshoot of Seamus (rock band), not exactly my typical subject, but hopefully I was able to keep my style even "abnormal" subject (for me) - Zeiss ZE Planars 50 and 85 (don't have EXIF reader and don't remember, EXIF should be there) from the raw material thumbnail library to the disk art etc. sorry about compositions, don't have cropping program on this computer and these never were supposed to be used as standalone pics.

This must be ZE 1,4/35 or 2/25 Distagon (lucky ones with EXIF viewer can check)

Naturally end results are rather different when photoshopped...

Best Regards,
Samuli

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1298

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
Few photos from August photoshoot of Seamus (rock band), not exactly my typical subject, but hopefully I was able to keep my style even "abnormal" subject (for me) - Zeiss ZE Planars 50 and 85 (don't have EXIF reader and don't remember, EXIF should be there) from the raw material thumbnail library to the disk art etc. sorry about compositions, don't have cropping program on this computer and these never were supposed to be used as standalone pics.

An excellent shoot. You should do this more often.

Toothwalker

carstenw wrote:
Tooth (Paul?), do you mean this thread:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/891645/54

It has been archived some time ago. The Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion thread is still going, and specifically includes C/Y lenses.

Yes, I mean that thread. I thought it was there to stay, but alas. However, like you say there are other options.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15338

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
I have been away for some time - too much work and crappy stuff going on = too little inspiration = no interest towards photography. I'll be back at May 2013

What happens in May 2013?

Few photos from August photoshoot of Seamus (rock band), not exactly my typical subject, but hopefully I was able to keep my style even "abnormal" subject (for me)

Nice shots, fun and different. I especially like the last one.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2366

Great shot Luka and Bob :-)
Samuli : I especially like the last one... but all is Great

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

R.Young
Total Posts: 937

Good to see you back Samuli, looking forward to seeing your photos again. I have appreciated you sharing your previous work, which is always of a technically high standard. It has helped me (attempt to) progress, I hope it's not long before you pick up the camera again

bruni
Total Posts: 1420

doorways on Christmas morning (it's raining here in Sydney)

ben

christmas morning - zeiss 50mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

christmas morning - zeiss 50mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

christmas morning - zeiss 100mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

AlexDROP
Total Posts: 139

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
I have been away for some time - too much work and crappy stuff going on = too little inspiration = no interest towards photography. I'll be back at May 2013 Rather nice looking work here, last few pages, maybe I'll read few pages more tomorrow and get outside and actually shoot some photos..

Thanks God that you seem to be ok and, I hope, staying in good health. We miss you, your photoes and your comments. Please keep in touch.

Toothwalker

carstenw wrote:
Samuli Vahonen wrote:
I have been away for some time - too much work and crappy stuff going on = too little inspiration = no interest towards photography. I'll be back at May 2013

Springtime in Finland? The winter in the Nordic countries can be a bit harsh for his style of photography.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2366

Great shot Ben :-)

Diploneis
Total Posts: 300

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, to all! I wish you to stay creative and inspiring as this forum is!

Here is one with 35mm F2 @ F2

You can see more of images (all with Zeiss) on my FB photo page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martynas-Milkevičius-Photo/315309251853942?ref=hl

Cheers,
Martynas

carstenw
Total Posts: 15338

Toothwalker wrote:
carstenw wrote:
Samuli Vahonen wrote:

Springtime in Finland? The winter in the Nordic countries can be a bit harsh for his style of photography.

I guess you don't count Denmark as a Nordic country then? But if Finland really doesn't get spring until May (and I presume that by October or so it is over again?), then Samuli is really in the wrong country!

bruni
Total Posts: 1420

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Ben :-)

[licr

thanks Ronny.

lovely way to show off the 100 MP

ben

R.Young
Total Posts: 937

21ZE with a wet front element:

Rest And Be Thankful by Rob.Young, on Flickr

nibutto
Total Posts: 181

waiting for the train (and come back home for Christmas)
zf35/2

philipprichert
Total Posts: 5

First shot with my new 35/2 ZE

I am very impressed by the "3D" effect.

Philipp

dthrog00
Total Posts: 228

I just recently purchased a used Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 Planar in the Canon mount. I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but have taken the following photos that I've really liked.

No 1 -- Christmas stocking @ f/1.4

2012_12_24_1852_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

No 2 -- Bulb reflection @ f/2

2012_12_22_1763_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

No 3 -- Cat portrait @ f/1.4

2012_12_22_1708_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

No 4 -- Cat sleeping @ f/5.6 with flash

2012_12_21_1598_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Wide open there is a pleasant dreamy look to the images and stopped down it is super sharp.

Thanks for viewing.

Dave

Diploneis
Total Posts: 300

5DMKII and Zeiss 35mm F2

Cheers,
Martynas
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martynas-Milkevičius-Photo/315309251853942?ref=hl

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2958

Ronny, Ben, Diploneis, Nibutto, great shots here !

1       2       3              803      
       805              978       979       end