1       2       3              802      
       804              988       989       end

frezeiss
Total Posts: 529

Jochenb wrote:
wiseguy010 wrote:
te4o wrote:
Jochenb wrote:
As much as I love all my Zeiss lenses, I'm actually thinking of selling some. It's a strange thought, but after every trip I'm so tired of lugging them around. The results make up for it, but try telling that to my back/shoulder.

This is not a tragedy, I'd look at it in the flow of life, do change what you want to change. We all gain and loose all the time.
I do still have shoulders strong enough though... and I finally optimized my focusing technique with the MF Zeiss on the 5D3: as "simple" as Zacuto Z & Magic Lantern @3 with magic focus. So, no missed focus since.

Jochen, I see you now have your Zeiss 35/1.4 for sale. That surprises me as you were very very enthousiast about this lens. And I could see that in some great pictures of you.

Zeiss lenses are indeed quite heavy and I can understand that it is sometimes too heavy. I now have replaced my shoulder bag with a rucksack and that did the trick for me. With the shoulder bag I couldn't walk large distances, but with the rucksack it is no problem at all. Even added with my new ZF.2 15/2.8 is is still a piece of cake. Perhaps you could give that a try.

Another thing I do (and did) is being selective with the lenses I take with me on a multi-day trip. I try to figure out what lenses are absolutely necessary for the place I am going to. Then I just takes those lenses (most of the times only 3) with me in a small case. For a trip to Prague this summer I only took the 21/2.8, 35/2 and 100/2. This worked out quite well.

Yes you're right Wiseguy, we even had a few heated discussions about it (which I don't mind BTW, in the end they're only lenses).
I love the 35/1.4 ZE, but the size and weight are starting to bother me. For my last trip it stayed at home and I'm mostly using it for planned shoots now.
Being selective with lenses is a good tip for everyone. I seldom take all my lenses with me.
A backpack indeed helps a lot, but still not enough for me because I have problems with my back.
I recently bought a Fuji X-E1 and I enjoy such cameras more for travelling. When I now look at my 5DII-35/1.4 combo it looks and feels even more huge.
Maybe I'll replace it with a Sony RX1. Small, FF and a nice rendering 35mm Zeiss lens. We'll see...

I think this is exactly what I'm going through right now too, My full frame and Zeiss combo just became too heavy for me since I bought the XE-1. But i felt kind of reluctant to sell them knowing what they can do and the combination with the full frame sensor.

I have a feeling that once the Fuji 23 1.4 and the Zeiss 12 2.8 is out, the X will be my main system. And I can only hope that the X camera will get better with time. Perhaps I'll get either the M or the ME to still have access to a light full frame camera, since I also have several M lenses. The RX1 does get to me though but its hard going back to AA filter camera once you've tried a camera that doesn't have one.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Wonderful works in the past few pages.

Ricardo, Michael, Jochen, Z, Jako - Great works.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4671

Luka - Love this shot including the blurred person.

Fun in the sun with the 21 (sorry, cheesy, I know).

December Sunset on Legend Lake by RJIPhotography, on Flickr

No Boating Today by RJIPhotography, on Flickr

akul

Bob - thanks. Frozen lake eh ! East coast is still above freezing point. See how much longer it stays this way.. Not cheese to me. I like the second one with the ladder catching light. Very nice pp work on these.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2477

Great shot Luka :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !!

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

nibutto
Total Posts: 193

Bob, I like really a lot those 2 photos of the lake.
some with the 21@2.8

rji2goleez

Ronny - Nice graf shot!
Nibutto - Thanks and I like the first and last in your series

More from Northern WI where I will spend Christmas this year. Glad we have snow.

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1334

Five with the MP 100/2:

carstenw
Total Posts: 15827

Toothguy (), that fourth shot is really neat. I wonder how it would work as an abstract if you cut off the horizon completely?

Toothwalker

carstenw wrote:
Toothguy (), that fourth shot is really neat.

Interesting. For me it is the least interesting shot from the set.

I wonder how it would work as an abstract if you cut off the horizon completely?

Nobody stops you from trying.

The stripe pattern would have been more impressive from a higher viewpoint, but there was no such vantage point and I was already standing on my toes.

carstenw

I tried it, and I think it works nicely. I don't have the source material and it would probably need to be printed quite large to be effective, but at least at small sizes I find it interesting.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1812

Luka, Bob, nibutto, Toothwalker,... some great shots!

50P:

Italian fašade by Jochen-B, on Flickr

akul

Ronny - Beautiful flower! I might like this viewing angle for the graffiti shot a little more. I like the depth is thrown off by the tattoed surface.

Bob - Nice snow shot. #2 especially

Jochen - Beautiful composition.

ZF 1.4/ 35

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

zeiss in Sydney

Christmas Eve - hot and muggy as always

ben

Bayswater Rd - zeiss 100mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

William St - zeiss 100mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

William St - zeiss 100mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3014

Ben, very nice set! Glad to see you here

bruni
Total Posts: 1422

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben, very nice set! Glad to see you here

lol....thanks Phillippe

Merry Christmas

rji2goleez

Toothwalker - Love the first and fourth and agree it would make a good abstract.
JochenB - So simple, yet so beautiful!
Luka - Great urbanscapes and this one rocks.
Bruni - I really like your comps on this recent set.

Here's some fun with wides: First three with the 15mm and the last with the 21mm

Toothwalker

rji2goleez wrote:
Toothwalker - Love the first and fourth and agree it would make a good abstract.

Thanks. I have been playing with the crop, but remain unconvinced.

Here's some fun with wides: First three with the 15mm and the last with the 21mm

Would that be the new Zeiss D2.8/15?

This is the D2/35:

Edit: Has the C/Y image thread disappeared?

rji2goleez

Toothwalker wrote:
rji2goleez wrote:

Thanks. I have been playing with the crop, but remain unconvinced.

Would that be the new Zeiss D2.8/15?

It's the ZE version but yes, it's the new Distagon 15/2.8.

carstenw

Tooth (Paul?), do you mean this thread:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/891645/54

It has been archived some time ago. The Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion thread is still going, and specifically includes C/Y lenses.

1       2       3              802      
       804              988       989       end