ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/792

1       2       3              792      
       794              1092       1093       end

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 6552

Ulff - most definitely agree this is a very cool shot.

wfrank
Total Posts: 3196

Jochen, amazing shots on previous page. Such a presence!

Jako, Bob, super shots too, very inspiring. And akul, the BW is exquisite.

These are preprints for a local newspaper taken today. Article discussing Christmas consumption, priest is real but Santa is not (believe it or not). Planar 85/1.4 and Distagon 35/1.4.

IMG_1039 1024 by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr

IMG_1020 1024 by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr

IMG_1058 800w by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr

MikeW
Total Posts: 1994

Down the pier last evening, had a raccoon for company. 21mm ZF + D4

Thanks,

Mike

JaKo
Total Posts: 1832

Vancouver (early today) in a morning mist

rirakuma
Total Posts: 573

very nice ulff !

Jeff Kott
Total Posts: 1565

Ulff wrote:
Great images, Jochen! And also too many other great ones from the last pages to refer to individually.

ZE 21 handheld, wide open:

Ulf, I really like this one!!

Smridevan
Total Posts: 414

Beautiful composition and crop Ulff!!

Grenache
Total Posts: 2174

Ulff, beautiful example of how selective color can work and not be cliche.

Jim

akul
Total Posts: 2595

Bob, Carsten, Picture This!,Wilhelm - Thank you
Carsten - I know, I know. I struggled with the chimney. I needed to be just a bit further to include chimney. Shot that included all chimeny from the same spot did not work.

Bob - Great cloud movement. Almost a zooming effect.
Jako- #2 is beautiful
Jochen - Wonderful set. I really like the BW works
Ulff - WOW
Wilhelm - Those portraits with 85 planar are really nice with very natural rendition.
MIkeW - Beautiful shot. Very pristine.

ZF.2 f1.4/35 @f 5.6

ZF.2 f2/100 @f 2.8

Jochenb
Total Posts: 2069

Thank you Luka and Wilhelm.
Wilhelm, I really like your 2 with the 85P.

akul

ZF.2f2/100

U.C.
Total Posts: 705

Ulff wrote:
ZE 21 handheld, wide open:

Great shot!

Frogfish
Total Posts: 4863

Ulff - fantastic shot, I really love it.

Akul - wonderful colours.

Ulff
Total Posts: 1118

Thanks to all the kind feedback on the above image! What I really love with the ZE 21 is the sharpness wide open and that the DOF is surprisingly large at that aperture. As long as the shutter speed in long enough there's a good chance to get great shots even in difficult locations and with high ISO settings.

@Luka: the first image is my favorite, I especially like the tone. The second and third are very interesting because I needed a while to recognize that it is the same location in both...
@Jako: impressive detail in your shot!
@Wilhem: I always love the Zeiss 85 for those portrait shots, a very recognizable style! Regarding your last shot: it represents my dilemma with the ZE 35 very good: I like the separation of foreground and backgroud and also the contrast (pushed in PP?), but interestingly not the bokeh. Maybe it's because of the distance from lens to foreground and from foreground to background. I have seen lots of shots from this lens and the bokeh is very often a hit or miss. On your image on the last page (dog) the bokeh is awesome and I don't know of another 35mm lens that could render this equally good.

akul

Thank you Ulff

100MP

Cadaver
Total Posts: 939

Ulff: The train photo is an excellent idea. Great creativity!

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 6552

Luka - Love the clarity in that first image!

Just some randomness from this afternoon.

wfrank
Total Posts: 3196

Thanks for kind comments!

Ulff wrote:
@Wilhem: I always love the Zeiss 85 for those portrait shots, a very recognizable style! Regarding your last shot: it represents my dilemma with the ZE 35 very good: I like the separation of foreground and backgroud and also the contrast (pushed in PP?), but interestingly not the bokeh. Maybe it's because of the distance from lens to foreground and from foreground to background. I have seen lots of shots from this lens and the bokeh is very often a hit or miss. On your image on the last page (dog) the bokeh is awesome and I don't know of another 35mm lens that could render this equally good.

Thanks!

I completely agree about the 35/1.4. It can have a dreamyness and a distinct medium-format feel when three major components iare present. Remove one and then it's usually gone:
1) Subject separation
2) Zeiss contrastyness (yes it is slightly enhanced here)
3) "dreamy" bokeh

Here it failed on the third point. Despite this, a car shot (similar distance) can house all those three. As the dog shot does (closer distance to subject, closer bokeh/bg). That wonderful shot is not mine unfortunately :-), I assume you mean Jochens. I think you're spot-on that distance to background is central, the detail level of it, and to that I would also add lightness. It's a bit too light on that image, and probably too detailed.

BTW, I think the 50P shares some of the 35/1.4 characteristics, but a focal length of 35 makes the 35/1.4 succeed with it more often.

- - -

Great stuff again akul, #1 really makes that 100MP shine.

OneAnt
Total Posts: 691

D700. Zeiss 50/2 Makro-Planar

I saw the devil. It was two weeks ago and before any idea that I’d be typing this. It was early morning and I was halfway between awake and asleep. I could just make out the glow from the real world outside the bedroom windows. I’m awake but I’m asleep. I can see him. He’s come to me.

Lyn is asleep, she has her back to me and I can hear her breathing and I can hear that hollow silence when everyone is asleep.
He is here but its not a physical presence and the room doesn’t grow cold or hot. I know its him but I cannot tell you what he looks like.
I’m frightened but resigned as well, its the devil afterall and my friends know I am the last to believe such things.
He is close and tilts his head side to side as if he is inspecting my face. I watch his eyes move back and forth as if curious almost childlike.
But it wasn’t his appearance that I was frightened of.

It was his presence.

I told Lyn just now. We took my dog Bug for a walk. She asked why didn’t I tell her on that day. “Because I didn’t think you’d believe me”.
But you don't even believe in these things.
”I know and thats why I didn’t tell you”.
“I saw the Devil” I said again. But I have to say it again, its so unbelievable.
”I saw the Devil” I tell her in a more determined tone. She knows me, she knows my voice.

—-oooO—-
—-(—)—-
—–\–(–
——\_)-
———–Oooo—
———–(—-)—
————)–/—-
———-(_/-
Ant.
ɹǝpun uʍop puɐl ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ

dcjs
Total Posts: 403

OneAnt wrote:But it wasn’t his presence that I was frightened of, it was his advice.

So, what was it? Sell the 21/2.8 Distagon and get the 25/2 instead?

1       2       3              792      
       794              1092       1093       end