ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/4

1       2       3       4      
       6              1018       1019       end

bluetsunami
Total Posts: 1151

That rocking chair shot literally looks like its floating in its own 3D space. Just wow.

juan_amores
Total Posts: 533

snowboarder wrote:
juan_amores wrote:
Hi Philber, I have seen very good pictures of you here.
I am thinking of buying the Zeiss 35/2 for my 5DII, what can you say about this set? Can you show here pictures of the Zeiss with the 5DII?
Thank you very much

35ZE on 5DII, taken last night:

Thanks for the pic andrew, is beautiful

calvininjax
Total Posts: 86

That is a fabulous shot, snowboarder.

Rick, the 50/1.4 is definitely worth keeping, particularly in your hands. Super shots of the rocking chair and park bench.

One day, I will figure out where I am going wrong.

philber
Total Posts: 9313

rick300d wrote:

Initial impressions are soft when shot wide open but sharpens up nicely past f2. Aside from the initial disappointment with occasional softness at f1.4, I think I will keep this lens.

Rick

Lovely shots, Rick, especially if you are only getting acquainted with your ZE 50 f:1.4. Yes it is soft wide open, but it has so many redeeming virtues IMHO...
Also, a number of users have reported that, for some unknown reason, it seems to get better after some use....
At any rate, enjoy, and continue to delight us with your pics.

juan_amores
Total Posts: 533

Thanks for the pics Philber.
I will search more pictures of you here.
Greetings

John Black
Total Posts: 3713

Several from the 100/2 ZE; the light was horrible w/ a clouded over sky, haze and just bluck... All are f5.6 except for the 3rd which is F2 (taken under the bridge). The sun did break through the clouds for about 30 seconds for the first shot.

philber

Your shots are, as usual, really great, John. But why are the tracks not very straight? Mustache distortion? It also seems that you are putting yourself at risk (pic n2). Stay safe!

John Black

Thanks. To be honest, trains are the least of my worries. That's not a very safe part of Dallas to be walking around with a 1Ds3. Today I asked a friend to come along and watch my back while shooting. And sure enough, while we were snapping the pix, two police officers run by us chasing a group of guys. We decided that our next outing will be some abandoned town in the middle of nowhere!

wayne seltzer
Total Posts: 4782

Yeah, every time I think about going to some bad area to shoot some street pictures, I then remember some shooting I have seen on the local news like the 15 yr. boy yesterday who shot an Indian ice cream truck lady that he was trying to rob in Vallejo. Hard to blend in when shooting a 1ds3 in the hood, even if you put black tape on the Canon logo.

John Black

The Mrs was in a cooking mood this morning, not sure why... A couple quick pops w/ the 100/2 ZE -

Part of the B&W processing involves lessening the contrast - which tends to zap the 3D feel to a degree.

snowboarder
Total Posts: 2860

a few 100MP ZE pictures taken last night:

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1892

John, nice B&W work on last page, I really liked how smooth images looked.

Snowboarder, first image is very nice, nice separation even shoot from long distance.

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/2, 1/40s, ISO 400 - excellent handhold indoor lens since it's quite OK already at wide open:

(for the non-Finnish speaking the faint text in door says "mens", since it's inverted from mirror it's again readable from left to right, this was kind of the trick of image but don't really open if you don't know Finnish)

John Black

Geez - sun, beach, ocean... so jealous...

philber

Andrew, your pics indicate to me, despite the limitations of Web-based low resolution, that the difference between your 100MP and my 85 Planar is not unlike that between 50MP and 50 Planar f:1.4. Which means that I may have to buy the 100MP and keep my 85, unlike what I had hoped.

snowboarder

John Black wrote:
Geez - sun, beach, ocean... so jealous...

Snow, cold, geez, so jealous....

snowboarder

philber wrote:
Which means that I may have to buy the 100MP and keep my 85, unlike what I had hoped.

Well, if this is because of me, that dinner is on me then!

snowboarder

one more from the same beach

philber

Andrew, you should have seen my jaw actually drop as I took stock of your shot...definitely need 100 MP.

Sass Quatch
Total Posts: 359

These are wonderful portraits.

prashant
Total Posts: 645

i have posted few comparison images in the 35-70 zoom thread, for those interested.

1       2       3       4      
       6              1018       1019       end