ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/4

1       2       3       4      
       6              978       979       end

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1583

Got ZE28 and ZE85 today, spent few hours shooting in downtown. Really waiting for the weekend (only daylight available during office hours...)

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/2, 1/40s, ISO400, LCDVF & handhold
LCDVF & handhold
LCDVF & handhold

John Black
Total Posts: 3682

I hope you like the 28/2 - I think the new version is better than the original Contax. It seems to have a more unique fingerprint to it - more of a 3D feel.

jpeter
Total Posts: 436

Philber, thanks for the kind words.

Liked the portrait of the man with orange scarf as it is. I think viewing web photo's is very subjective, based on brightness and contrast of ones monitor and the room where viewing is taking place.

jp

calvininjax
Total Posts: 83

I often marvel at the images taken by the Zeiss masters on here. Hitherto, the 3-D effect that is so often seen in other people's images has eluded me.

I think I may finally have managed it in the latest picture -- See My Train Coming -- posted on http://calvininjaxfotos.wordpress.com/

What do you think? Is it just wishful thinking on my part?

jpeter
Total Posts: 436

Calvinjax - I like the reflections shot. Gives the illusion that you are looking thru openings in the planks.

calvininjax

Thanks jpeter.

I take it that is a "no" on the 3-D effect on the train shot.

I will continue with my efforts and hopefully achieve it one day.

philber
Total Posts: 7434

Calvin, one of the things I have learned on thsi thread is that not all shots lend themselves to 3D. In particular, one needs "enough" spatial differentiation between the foreground and the background. Obviously this situation did not let you get close enough to the train for that degree of separation to be achived.
If maximising that impression is what you are after, I suggest that you crop much tighter around the train. Then the fact that the "rear" tree is OOF becomes much more noticeable, and you get some 3D effect. But it becomes a different shot, with different composition, so it may not be what you want. I can post my 2-minute tweak if you like.

calvininjax

Go ahead, Philber. I would be delighted to see what your tweaking can achieve. I am always open to suggestions that will help me improve my shots.

philber

Just a 2-minute resize in DPP. No PP other than that. Let me know what you think.

juan_amores
Total Posts: 477

Hi Philber, I have seen very good pictures of you here.
I am thinking of buying the Zeiss 35/2 for my 5DII, what can you say about this set? Can you show here pictures of the Zeiss with the 5DII?
Thank you very much

calvininjax

Thanks for your time and effort, Philber. Your tweaking certainly makes for a more powerful shot. I may spend a little more time working on the original.

I will get there one day.

snowboarder
Total Posts: 2584

juan_amores wrote:
I am thinking of buying the Zeiss 35/2 for my 5DII, what can you say about this set? Can you show here pictures of the Zeiss with the 5DII?
Thank you very much

35ZE on 5DII, taken last night:

rick300d
Total Posts: 565

Zeiss 50mm F1.4 ZE with 1Ds MkII

Some initial shots with the ZE 50mm f1.4

Initial impressions are soft when shot wide open but sharpens up nicely past f2. Aside from the initial disappointment with occasional softness at f1.4, I think I will keep this lens.

Rick

bluetsunami
Total Posts: 1151

That rocking chair shot literally looks like its floating in its own 3D space. Just wow.

juan_amores

snowboarder wrote:
juan_amores wrote:
Thank you very much

35ZE on 5DII, taken last night:

Thanks for the pic andrew, is beautiful

calvininjax

That is a fabulous shot, snowboarder.

Rick, the 50/1.4 is definitely worth keeping, particularly in your hands. Super shots of the rocking chair and park bench.

One day, I will figure out where I am going wrong.

philber

rick300d wrote:

Initial impressions are soft when shot wide open but sharpens up nicely past f2. Aside from the initial disappointment with occasional softness at f1.4, I think I will keep this lens.

Rick

Lovely shots, Rick, especially if you are only getting acquainted with your ZE 50 f:1.4. Yes it is soft wide open, but it has so many redeeming virtues IMHO...
Also, a number of users have reported that, for some unknown reason, it seems to get better after some use....
At any rate, enjoy, and continue to delight us with your pics.

philber

juan_amores wrote:
Thank you very much

Hi Juan. All my ZE 35 pics were taken with a 5D MkII. I don't like reposting, so here is what I could dig up that I haven't posted yet.

juan_amores

Thanks for the pics Philber.
I will search more pictures of you here.
Greetings

John Black
Total Posts: 3682

Several from the 100/2 ZE; the light was horrible w/ a clouded over sky, haze and just bluck... All are f5.6 except for the 3rd which is F2 (taken under the bridge). The sun did break through the clouds for about 30 seconds for the first shot.

1       2       3       4      
       6              978       979       end