ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
/forum/topic/860134/3

1       2       3      
       5              1019       1020       end

zombii
Total Posts: 1087

Mike Lucas wrote:
One of mine - Yosemite - El Capitan - 5D MII with Zeiss 50 1.4 ZE

This is the large from Flickr - original really shows the detail.
If you're interested - the original is:

"http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2656/4035201489_f449b5b95f_o.jpg"

Wow!

Mike K
Total Posts: 2256

Zeiss Distagon 21 ZE at f5,6 1/500 sec hand held camaera and hand held 2 stop GND filter. Canon 5D
II January 30, 2010 (two days ago)
Mike K

philber
Total Posts: 9313

Lovely shots, Mike K and Jeffrey!
Mike Lucas, the amount of detail you have on that shot when viewed in original size plus magnifying glass is breathtaking

prashant
Total Posts: 649

one more...hope you like this one too.
500D+50ZE Planar

philber

I really like it, prashant, though I guess I see a red cast in the pic. I played with it a bit, and tis confirms my feeling.

erichard
Total Posts: 645

Mike, nice Crissy Field shot. Perfect set up for the 21, and you nailed it. The edge to edge sharpens pays off in a shot like that, where significant areas of interest are off center. The lighting was just right on the GG bridge.

jpeter
Total Posts: 532

shot this one yesterday. very top of a tree shot in portrait orientation with a ze21. Almost a 100% crop (say 66%). From the very top of the frame.

A few more ze21 images here: http://www.pbase.com/jaypetersen/wyoming_winter_20092010

JP

philber

Absolutely briliant shots, JP. Congratulations!

Samuli Vahonen
Total Posts: 1892

Got ZE28 and ZE85 today, spent few hours shooting in downtown. Really waiting for the weekend (only daylight available during office hours...)

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 @ f/2, 1/40s, ISO400, LCDVF & handhold
LCDVF & handhold
LCDVF & handhold

John Black
Total Posts: 3715

I hope you like the 28/2 - I think the new version is better than the original Contax. It seems to have a more unique fingerprint to it - more of a 3D feel.

jpeter

Philber, thanks for the kind words.

Liked the portrait of the man with orange scarf as it is. I think viewing web photo's is very subjective, based on brightness and contrast of ones monitor and the room where viewing is taking place.

jp

calvininjax
Total Posts: 86

I often marvel at the images taken by the Zeiss masters on here. Hitherto, the 3-D effect that is so often seen in other people's images has eluded me.

I think I may finally have managed it in the latest picture -- See My Train Coming -- posted on http://calvininjaxfotos.wordpress.com/

What do you think? Is it just wishful thinking on my part?

jpeter

Calvinjax - I like the reflections shot. Gives the illusion that you are looking thru openings in the planks.

calvininjax

Thanks jpeter.

I take it that is a "no" on the 3-D effect on the train shot.

I will continue with my efforts and hopefully achieve it one day.

philber

Calvin, one of the things I have learned on thsi thread is that not all shots lend themselves to 3D. In particular, one needs "enough" spatial differentiation between the foreground and the background. Obviously this situation did not let you get close enough to the train for that degree of separation to be achived.
If maximising that impression is what you are after, I suggest that you crop much tighter around the train. Then the fact that the "rear" tree is OOF becomes much more noticeable, and you get some 3D effect. But it becomes a different shot, with different composition, so it may not be what you want. I can post my 2-minute tweak if you like.

calvininjax

Go ahead, Philber. I would be delighted to see what your tweaking can achieve. I am always open to suggestions that will help me improve my shots.

juan_amores
Total Posts: 533

Hi Philber, I have seen very good pictures of you here.
I am thinking of buying the Zeiss 35/2 for my 5DII, what can you say about this set? Can you show here pictures of the Zeiss with the 5DII?
Thank you very much

calvininjax

Thanks for your time and effort, Philber. Your tweaking certainly makes for a more powerful shot. I may spend a little more time working on the original.

I will get there one day.

snowboarder
Total Posts: 2862

juan_amores wrote:
Hi Philber, I have seen very good pictures of you here.
I am thinking of buying the Zeiss 35/2 for my 5DII, what can you say about this set? Can you show here pictures of the Zeiss with the 5DII?
Thank you very much

35ZE on 5DII, taken last night:

rick300d
Total Posts: 568

Zeiss 50mm F1.4 ZE with 1Ds MkII

Some initial shots with the ZE 50mm f1.4

Initial impressions are soft when shot wide open but sharpens up nicely past f2. Aside from the initial disappointment with occasional softness at f1.4, I think I will keep this lens.

Rick

1       2       3      
       5              1019       1020       end