The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread
/forum/topic/839374/112

1       2       3              112      
113
       114              129       130       end

ewadler
Registered: Dec 22, 2005
Total Posts: 318
Country: United States

Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.

sebboh wrote:
couple wide open closeups on velvia:





getting my film back has led me to the unsettling conclusion that my lens has fallen out of spec between batches of film. field curvature in the corners seems much more dramatic than in early rolls. not sure what could've happened, problem with the floating element? does anybody have any recommendations for places to service an AEG contax?



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 12446
Country: United States

ewadler wrote:
Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.


that would be great, thanks!

out of curiosity what was wrong with your lens?



ewadler
Registered: Dec 22, 2005
Total Posts: 318
Country: United States

sebboh wrote:
ewadler wrote:
Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.


that would be great, thanks!

out of curiosity what was wrong with your lens?


You want me to go there, huh?

Well, I have the Rollei version and I had trouble finding a decent eos adapter. I finally got a reversible mount replacement from big_is on ebay. I finally realized that the holes were drilled in incorrect locations on the mount, but whilst trying to make the holes line up (which they wouldn't in a million years), I pushed the release pin too far into the lens, and the aperture got stuck open (not sure what happened internally). That is, the aperture ring turned freely, but when i turned it, the aperture didn't change, it appears as though, the ring became decoupled from the mechanism.
I started to disassemble the lens, but realized that I bought it for $500 (on Keh!!) in almost perfect condition, and I would never find another one at that price, and wouldn't forgive myself if I did something stupid. So, I decided to send it to someone who could.



mortyb
Registered: Feb 15, 2009
Total Posts: 1457
Country: Norway

C/Y







sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 12446
Country: United States

ewadler wrote:
sebboh wrote:
ewadler wrote:
Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.


that would be great, thanks!

out of curiosity what was wrong with your lens?


You want me to go there, huh?

Well, I have the Rollei version and I had trouble finding a decent eos adapter. I finally got a reversible mount replacement from big_is on ebay. I finally realized that the holes were drilled in incorrect locations on the mount, but whilst trying to make the holes line up (which they wouldn't in a million years), I pushed the release pin too far into the lens, and the aperture got stuck open (not sure what happened internally). That is, the aperture ring turned freely, but when i turned it, the aperture didn't change, it appears as though, the ring became decoupled from the mechanism.
I started to disassemble the lens, but realized that I bought it for $500 (on Keh!!) in almost perfect condition, and I would never find another one at that price, and wouldn't forgive myself if I did something stupid. So, I decided to send it to someone who could.


ah thanks, let me know how it went.

here is a couple shots to bump the thread:

on film:



on a NEX:




carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16156
Country: Germany

You have got to be kiddin'! What is that thing??



Jochenb
Registered: May 25, 2010
Total Posts: 2058
Country: Belgium

carstenw wrote:
You have got to be kiddin'! What is that thing??


Lol, I also don't know but I want 2!



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 12446
Country: United States

i'm pretty sure it's a frog.

edit: Phyllomedusa sauvagii



Jochenb
Registered: May 25, 2010
Total Posts: 2058
Country: Belgium

Cool. It looks wiser than some people I know.
Great shot BTW.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 12446
Country: United States

Jochenb wrote:
carstenw wrote:
You have got to be kiddin'! What is that thing??


Lol, I also don't know but I want 2!


google tells me you're in luck.

Jochenb wrote:
Cool. It looks more wise than some people I know.


it does look rather buddahesque



Jabberwockt
Registered: Aug 22, 2011
Total Posts: 557
Country: United States

Looks kind of like Ozzy Osborne



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16156
Country: Germany

Looks like something out of Star Wars.



R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 1154
Country: United Kingdom

very cool Sebboh!


Ashley by Rob.Young, on Flickr


reza187
Registered: May 28, 2009
Total Posts: 131
Country: N/A

R. Young, great shot! The bokeh looks very delicious!



R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 1154
Country: United Kingdom

Thank you



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 12446
Country: United States

whoa! it's been too long on this thread.

c/y version wide open on tmax:



LeadyGonzales
Registered: May 19, 2011
Total Posts: 422
Country: Switzerland

The HFT (Rollei)- version on NEX-6 with Metabones Speed Booster









- L.



Anden
Registered: Jun 22, 2004
Total Posts: 6587
Country: Sweden

LeadyGonzales wrote:
The HFT (Rollei)- version on NEX-6 with Metabones Speed Booster





- L.


Crop out the people and youŽll have a great photo!



R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 1154
Country: United Kingdom

Very nice Leady


Kyoto by Rob.Young, on Flickr


R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 1154
Country: United Kingdom

and a three image stitch (not my usual taste of processing, I usually aim to keep it natural, but I like it a lot here)


De Tomaso Pantera - Silverstone Classic 2012 by Rob.Young, on Flickr


1       2       3              112      
113
       114              129       130       end