The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread
/forum/topic/839374/112

1       2       3              112      
       114              119       120       end

sebboh
Total Posts: 9662

R.Young wrote:
It's a 139Q. Not really matte. Just a split screen in the centre. Might look at an aria then!

the aria has the split prism as well, i just ignore it. i should probably look into whether the screen is replaceable with a plain matte.

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2485

Young, a very beautiful portrait. A good 35MM portrait always give me a sense of realness than any 85/100mm can achieve. I especially like the way you process it.

sebboh

couple wide open closeups on velvia:

getting my film back has led me to the unsettling conclusion that my lens has fallen out of spec between batches of film. field curvature in the corners seems much more dramatic than in early rolls. not sure what could've happened, problem with the floating element? does anybody have any recommendations for places to service an AEG contax?

crazeazn
Total Posts: 1633

how the heck did u get that close to the bird?!

sebboh

crazeazn wrote:
how the heck did u get that close to the bird?!

in touristy areas you have to beat seagulls back with a stick to keep them from getting that close to you.

XsigmaSD
Total Posts: 485

Still learning this lens. It's been practically welded to my 6D, they seem to get along. This was @2.8

ewadler
Total Posts: 293

Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.

sebboh wrote:
couple wide open closeups on velvia:

getting my film back has led me to the unsettling conclusion that my lens has fallen out of spec between batches of film. field curvature in the corners seems much more dramatic than in early rolls. not sure what could've happened, problem with the floating element? does anybody have any recommendations for places to service an AEG contax?

sebboh

ewadler wrote:
Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.

that would be great, thanks!

out of curiosity what was wrong with your lens?

ewadler
Total Posts: 293

sebboh wrote:
ewadler wrote:

You want me to go there, huh?

Well, I have the Rollei version and I had trouble finding a decent eos adapter. I finally got a reversible mount replacement from big_is on ebay. I finally realized that the holes were drilled in incorrect locations on the mount, but whilst trying to make the holes line up (which they wouldn't in a million years), I pushed the release pin too far into the lens, and the aperture got stuck open (not sure what happened internally). That is, the aperture ring turned freely, but when i turned it, the aperture didn't change, it appears as though, the ring became decoupled from the mechanism.
I started to disassemble the lens, but realized that I bought it for $500 (on Keh!!) in almost perfect condition, and I would never find another one at that price, and wouldn't forgive myself if I did something stupid. So, I decided to send it to someone who could.

mortyb
Total Posts: 1361

C/Y

sebboh

ewadler wrote:
sebboh wrote:
ewadler wrote:

You want me to go there, huh?

Well, I have the Rollei version and I had trouble finding a decent eos adapter. I finally got a reversible mount replacement from big_is on ebay. I finally realized that the holes were drilled in incorrect locations on the mount, but whilst trying to make the holes line up (which they wouldn't in a million years), I pushed the release pin too far into the lens, and the aperture got stuck open (not sure what happened internally). That is, the aperture ring turned freely, but when i turned it, the aperture didn't change, it appears as though, the ring became decoupled from the mechanism.
I started to disassemble the lens, but realized that I bought it for $500 (on Keh!!) in almost perfect condition, and I would never find another one at that price, and wouldn't forgive myself if I did something stupid. So, I decided to send it to someone who could.

ah thanks, let me know how it went.

here is a couple shots to bump the thread:

on film:

on a NEX:

carstenw
Total Posts: 14901

You have got to be kiddin'! What is that thing??

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1628

carstenw wrote:

Lol, I also don't know but I want 2!

sebboh

i'm pretty sure it's a frog.

edit: Phyllomedusa sauvagii

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1628

Cool. It looks wiser than some people I know.
Great shot BTW.

sebboh

Jochenb wrote:
carstenw wrote:

Lol, I also don't know but I want 2!

google tells me you're in luck.

Jochenb wrote:
Cool. It looks more wise than some people I know.

it does look rather buddahesque

Jabberwockt
Total Posts: 557

Looks kind of like Ozzy Osborne

carstenw
Total Posts: 14901

Looks like something out of Star Wars.

R.Young
Total Posts: 872

very cool Sebboh!

Ashley by Rob.Young, on Flickr

reza187
Total Posts: 120

R. Young, great shot! The bokeh looks very delicious!

1       2       3              112      
       114              119       120       end