The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread
/forum/topic/839374/106

1       2       3              106      
107
       108              119       120       end

xenon99
Registered: May 12, 2006
Total Posts: 100
Country: Malaysia

The anti-lynas (rare earth) demo, in Malaysia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynas

worry about the next generation.


Green warrior.



Thanks for viewing.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10030
Country: United States

bump:






R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 915
Country: United Kingdom

So my step dad sold his rally car a few months ago, grabbed a few shots of it after the last time I got to drive it
































sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10030
Country: United States

^^that last one is fantastic!

a few more from the c/y on a NEX-7:









all wide open except for the last one.



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15080
Country: Germany

Cross-posted from the Zeiss thread, a boke-less shot:

D800, ZF.2 35/1.4@f/4:







R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 915
Country: United Kingdom

Love those Sebboh!

Nicely composed Carsten

Back to the bokeh:


Amman by Rob.Young, on Flickr


carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15080
Country: Germany

Peugeot 505? Nice framing.

About my shot, I should probably qualify it by saying that I took this shot because I found the style of decoration so utterly horrendous and cold I could hardly believe that someone wanted it to look this way. I just had to document it, and of course did so in as horrendous and cold a way as I could: square on.



R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 915
Country: United Kingdom

Brilliantly put!

Was trying to work out what Peugeot it was, not something I've seen in Britain. This one says what it is.


Amman by Rob.Young, on Flickr


carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15080
Country: Germany

Ah, 504. Classic. Last time I drove in one of these was in a southern Egyptian taxi, driven by a Nubian who was so happy to have us as customers that he couldn't help himself and just had to honk for joy every 500m or so, regardless of whether anyone was around or not



R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 915
Country: United Kingdom

And a stitch from the desert. This was the first time I've really been able to see the Milky Way with the naked eye. Was taken before we slept the night in Bedouin tents, was a great experience. Looking forward to going back.


Wadi Rum by Rob.Young, on Flickr


carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15080
Country: Germany

Very cool shot! Where is this desert, Yorkshire or something?



mortyb
Registered: Feb 15, 2009
Total Posts: 1361
Country: Norway

Wow, that's an amazing shot.



R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 915
Country: United Kingdom

Thanks! Its a 6 shot stitch from the Wadi Rum desert in Jordan. Shot of the holiday, but had to wait till I was home to see if it would successfully stitch, wasn't even sure you could stitch stars, not seen it done before anyway



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10030
Country: United States

carstenw wrote:
About my shot, I should probably qualify it by saying that I took this shot because I found the style of decoration so utterly horrendous and cold I could hardly believe that someone wanted it to look this way. I just had to document it, and of course did so in as horrendous and cold a way as I could: square on.


truly an abomination in the sight of God and man. might i suggest you do some fake hdr to it to really drive the point home?

r.young you're on a roll, the last 3 you posted are all fantastic!



twoeye
Registered: Jan 14, 2011
Total Posts: 380
Country: Norway

sebboh wrote:

r.young you're on a roll, the last 3 you posted are all fantastic!

+1



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15080
Country: Germany

sebboh wrote:
carstenw wrote:
About my shot, I should probably qualify it by saying that I took this shot because I found the style of decoration so utterly horrendous and cold I could hardly believe that someone wanted it to look this way. I just had to document it, and of course did so in as horrendous and cold a way as I could: square on.


truly an abomination in the sight of God and man. might i suggest you do some fake hdr to it to really drive the point home?


Your wish is my command, master:







R.Young
Registered: Jul 01, 2011
Total Posts: 915
Country: United Kingdom

Ouch!



ltruong8
Registered: Feb 07, 2011
Total Posts: 123
Country: Vietnam

Nice carstenw



ltruong8
Registered: Feb 07, 2011
Total Posts: 123
Country: Vietnam

Who want a beefsteak ?



or a pizza



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15080
Country: Germany

Yum yum. That second one needs a white balance, I think. It looks like the light on the pizza is incandescent, with possibly some outdoor light hitting the back left corner, where I guess you white balanced?



1       2       3              106      
107
       108              119       120       end