Einsteins 640....Dec??
/forum/topic/835412/0

2       3              22       23       end

DoogieH
Total Posts: 925

Anyone have updated info on if the Einsteins from PB will be available this Dec. I found some message boards that they have been delayed but the last date I can find is Dec 09. Any updated info would be helpful, want some PB's but don't want the AB's or WL if these are around the corner.

muskydave22
Total Posts: 291

I called them yesterday and they told me beginning to middle december is the release dates. So just around the corner! I am planning on picking one or maybe two of these up as well. They are everything I want in a strobe.

Dave

Paul Buff
Total Posts: 2775

Einstein has always been projected "during December". There have been no delays. It has never been projected for "early December".

ramzey
Total Posts: 48

When pre-orders will start?

Paul Buff

We're not going to take pre orders until we have a firm release date and fully functional product ready to build.

kenyee
Total Posts: 1528

Can we volunteer Ellis Vener to be a guinea pig tester?

stiksandstones
Total Posts: 2413

I am sure this was asked before, but I have not been paying attention...I am excited for these new einsteins, but hoping the mounting for accessories/SB's, etc has been upgraded from alienbees?

Two23
Total Posts: 3444

I'll volunteer to do the cold weather testing. In about a month or so it could be hitting 30 below zero here. Send me about ten of them and I'll light up a glacier.

Kent in SD

Paul Buff

stiksandstones wrote:
I am sure this was asked before, but I have not been paying attention...I am excited for these new einsteins, but hoping the mounting for accessories/SB's, etc has been upgraded from alienbees?

Yes, it's upgraded version of the WL mount. . . deeper grip and handles on both sides of the light. The glass dome really helps putting accessories on without running into the lamps. Also, the glass dome (frosted) does wonders for reflector patterns and really accurate WYSIWYG modeling. Plus, it acts as an additional UV filter in addition to the coating on the tubes.

CreV
Total Posts: 39

any updates about the european distributor?

tetrode
Total Posts: 435

Paul Buff wrote:
We're not going to take pre orders until we have a firm release date and fully functional product ready to build.

With less than six weeks between now and the end of December, are you stating that you do not yet have a "fully functional product ready to build"?

Paul Buff

tetrode wrote:
Paul Buff wrote:

With less than six weeks between now and the end of December, are you stating that you do not yet have a "fully functional product ready to build"?

If I had a fully functional product to build I would build it next week and ship it in November instead of December. There are certain steps involved in the process.

Paul Buff

CreV wrote:
any updates about the european distributor?

We want to be sure the party is fully prepared to handle the magnitude of the EU orders before we make a commitment. We have more than one party in negotiation. Don't want another Gotham experience!

E-Vener
Total Posts: 4260

kenyee wrote:
Can we volunteer Ellis Vener to be a guinea pig tester?

You can indeed

Todd Warnke
Total Posts: 3445

Paul Buff wrote:
tetrode wrote:
Paul Buff wrote:

If I had a fully functional product to build I would build it next week and ship it in November instead of December. There are certain steps involved in the process.

A step I've always liked is the "field test" of the full and final version.

Cphoto1954
Total Posts: 665

Paul,

Any plans for higher WS units or will it only be availible in the one size?

Thanks!

Two23
Total Posts: 3444

I could use 2,000ws, if you make one. I'll take five.

Kent in SD

wyofizz
Total Posts: 256

Are the flash durations going to be posted anytime soon?

Paul Buff

Only one model for now. Black 640WS. This is based on addressing the 95%. To do a bigger unit requires doing all the engineering and packaging all over to satisfy the 5% of customers who buy over 640WS and we don't (didn't) want to saddle the vast majority with the extra cost and size required to make room for extra optional power. Use two 640WS units if you really need 1280WS.

The exact lookup tables for flash duration will be calculated starting next week when we have all pre-production boards in hand. Preliminary testing indicates approximately 1/2000 t.5 and 1/700 t.1 at Full power, about 1/1800 sec t.1 at 1/2 power in constant color mode, and about 1/2200 second t.1 at 1/2 power in action mode. Below 1/2 power, flash durations shorten quite rapidly to a minimum of 1/10,000 second t.1. Can't say exactly at what power it becomes 1/10,000 until we do the lookup tables.

Notice all displayed durations are t.1 because t.5 times with IGBT circuitry are not very meaningful.

wyofizz
Total Posts: 256

Thanks Paul,
So I interpret this to mean they may be 1/100 faster than the AB1600 at full power and 1/1100 faster (in action mode) than the AB800 (full power) when the Einstein is at half power? That was a mouth full

2       3              22       23       end