An American Soldier in Canada
/forum/topic/835179/5

1       2       3              5      
       end

G. Ogilvie
Total Posts: 38

So, to demonstrate that a) people should only post about photography, and b) you are not playing forum cop and telling people what they should and should not post, you have three posts in this thread, none of which pertain to photography, and in two you tell posters why they need to go away. You accuse a poster of being "hysterical" twice, yet your post includes name-calling and insults.

You've done a better job of indicting your entire premise and your own personality better than I ever could. Thanks!

The translation from "Self Apppointed Hysterical Forum Ranter" to English is- "Don't tell me what to do, you are NOT my mom!" Keep up practicing your high school debating skills...now back to the adult table.

"Rogues are preferable to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest." Alexandre Dumas ...I'm taking a rest, if you want to keep at this, drive on.

Rick Joyce
Total Posts: 6288

This has been an interesting and enlightening few days beginning with a photo of soldier wearing a partial uniform.

From there, discussions have ranged from the sane and the reasoned to the bizarre and the absurd. Through over 100 posts some commentators have questioned each other's patriotism, their loyalty, their politics and even their sexual orientation.

saincteye
Total Posts: 520

....I don't want to say any more than the others, but I would rather not to see this guy if he is still in the service , I would drop him right away as an NCO. The way he wears it just disrespectful @ my own personal view ( and I am sure a lot others in the army will see the same way) . One thing I say is if he still have his Class A , where is his Class B and his other pieces ? I am sure if you pack the jacket , you will be packing your white shirt , your long/short sleeve shirt. And by the look of his class A looks like he still are in the service since he have his unit patch on. Also nothing against that popy seed (please don't take any offence if I did , I am sorry) but he shall wear it on the collar instead of the beret like the yellow ribbon .

I am on my 4th tour right now. 2005-2006 station in Balad as combat patrol , I have done more than 150 patrols and personally hit by 10+ IEDs , lost 2 friends out there (my whole platoon have their purple hearts, one of them have 3) . 2007-2008 in philippine with the USSF . 2008 Nov till now (shall till Apr 2010) station @ Kuwait , doing convoys in and out of iraq. So I am not a fobbit or paper pusher.

100/442nd Infantry 11B Sgt right now in Iraq Camp Cedar II.

saincteye
Total Posts: 520

Mr.walczak1 wrote:
First off, Everyone needs to relax. You served your country.. You sacrifice yourself for others. I don't care if you do it in sandals and a t shirt or full in uniform. It's the task at hand that is important not what you wore. This young man served, and supported his cause aswell as wearing a poppy to commend Canadas Fallen. To go as far as calling him a fraud and having the audacity to disrespect someone who has served for YOUR country no less is rediculous. I don't care who you are. Keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

Hats off to everyone who has served for your country. You have my up most respect. I don't care what you wore/wear

I wouldn't mind if any vets wear their ribbons/medals I wear my own CIB (combat infantry badge) on my ball cap , but his doing of wearing that Class A is just purely disrespectful to all of us that still in the service.

Rick Joyce
Total Posts: 6288

saincteye wrote:
Mr.walczak1 wrote:
First off, Everyone needs to relax. You served your country.. You sacrifice yourself for others. I don't care if you do it in sandals and a t shirt or full in uniform. It's the task at hand that is important not what you wore. This young man served, and supported his cause aswell as wearing a poppy to commend Canadas Fallen. To go as far as calling him a fraud and having the audacity to disrespect someone who has served for YOUR country no less is rediculous. I don't care who you are. Keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

Hats off to everyone who has served for your country. You have my up most respect. I don't care what you wore/wear

I wouldn't mind if any vets wear their ribbons/medals I wear my own CIB (combat infantry badge) on my ball cap , but his doing of wearing that Class A is just purely disrespectful to all of us that still in the service.

This is a photo of the man in full dress uniform. I am not, of course, familiar with the American uniform but I am certain that those of you who are will see that his uniform, medals and ribbons are genuine,

Tony Brown
Total Posts: 1633

reason wrote:
Spent 5 years in the army. Last thing I care is my uniform. I wore it when I had to,but it's not why I joined the army.
Anyone of you took martial arts? You see all the fighters with wrinkly and dirty uniforms with their black belt hanging. Then you see all of those "wannabees" and clean uniforms with their chins up high in the air. Those never fought or won anything. This sort of what I noticed when I was on tours overseas.

read all the comments....this by far is the most stupid.

the guy should have never worn the uniform like that...hell especially in another country. reminds me of some of the characters in Forest Gump during the Wash. D.C scene.

as far as the image...looks like a damn snap shot with a point and shoot.

Navy Corpsman here...Desert Storm/Shield

Father...Vietnam Vet. Air Traffic Control
Grandfather...WWII/Korean OSS
Uncles...WWII NAVY/ARMY

Harry T
Total Posts: 1004

I didn't read the responses as of late but if he is wearing these campaign medals and let's say he didn't serve I believe that is illegal and punishable for such actions even by a civilian. I'm just not sure if it has to be a certain level of award/medal to be punishable or if i can be any military decoration.

1       2       3              5      
       end