7D - Mid to heavy crop performance
/forum/topic/821100/2

1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Conrad Tan
Total Posts: 28406

kirry007 wrote:
I'm trying to go out there again tomorrow afternoon. Anytime you want to shoot I'm ready to go.

Hey, Conrad, If I get freed up from work early tomorrow, I will join you at Baylands. Will let you know.

Awesome! But hey instead of Baylands, I was going to try a San Antonio Road off 101 for more of these same shots. You know where I'm talking about? Take San Antonio Rd exit, go right, at the end of Terminal Rd, park you car and walk in. Its not far to the left after the first dried up pond you'll be swamped with thousands of shorebirds. Hehe... PM me soon man!

72chevelle454
Total Posts: 14338

Nice job on all Conrad, I'm really interested in this camera. I would like to see some comparisons to the 1Dx AF system, Ron (my brother) is getting one this week, he just sold his M3 so we'll see what he says.

Conrad Tan

72chevelle454 wrote:
Nice job on all Conrad, I'm really interested in this camera. I would like to see some comparisons to the 1Dx AF system, Ron (my brother) is getting one this week, he just sold his M3 so we'll see what he says.

Thanks Chad. Don't tell me Ron sold the MkIII for the 7D. Wow... I thought the MkIII was the best of the best. He should just wait for the MkIV I think. If they are going to put this AF system on it, its gonna be a sure-fire winner. Ant is probably going to come down this week to check out my camera so we'll see what his 1DmkIII-elitist opinion is.

Imagemaster
Total Posts: 40593

Great series, Conrad. This is why I will probably wait to buy the 9D with 50MP. I would then just need a 300mm as my longest lens, and just crop to get the 500mm equivalent.

Tony

kazman442
Total Posts: 2131

Conrad Tan wrote:
72chevelle454 wrote:

Thanks Chad. Don't tell me Ron sold the MkIII for the 7D. Wow... I thought the MkIII was the best of the best. He should just wait for the MkIV I think. If they are going to put this AF system on it, its gonna be a sure-fire winner. Ant is probably going to come down this week to check out my camera so we'll see what his 1DmkIII-elitist opinion is.

Conrad, Only sold it so I didn't have to sell it when the mark4 was released, I felt that the camera may take another dive in price, I'm getting a 7D for a crop body for now, I will still have my eye on the mark4 for sure

PS great images

Conrad Tan

kazman442 wrote:
Conrad Tan wrote:
72chevelle454 wrote:

Conrad, Only sold it so I didn't have to sell it when the mark4 was released, I felt that the camera may take another dive in price, I'm getting a 7D for a crop body for now, I will still have my eye on the mark4 for sure

PS great images

Hey thanks Ron!!! Good call on the sale... I didn't think of it that way. I think you're going to at least, really really like the 7D coming from a pro-body, it may feel "cheap". I put the grip on and presto! Feels expensive! Hahahaha!! I can't wait to see what folks will be putting out someday soon when this fabled mark IV comes out. Take it easy man!

Conrad Tan

Imagemaster wrote:
Great series, Conrad. This is why I will probably wait to buy the 9D with 50MP. I would then just need a 300mm as my longest lens, and just crop to get the 500mm equivalent.

Tony

Many thanks kind sir! "9D ?!?" What are you talking about?

sivrajbm
Total Posts: 3430

Conrad Tan wrote:
sivrajbm wrote:
Nice set Conrad, it would help though to see the original then the crop or vis-versa for comparison

I'll go out again tomorrow and shoot some heavy crops for you. I delete my stuff as soon as I finish processing to save memory. (I'm almost out )

U the Man...

Mort2k
Total Posts: 116

Wonderfull series again Conrad - My will is being worn away slowly, if you keep posting like this i will have sold the 50D and got the 7 before the year is out - damn you

Mr Zoom
Total Posts: 13992

Are yo done yet I think you just set a record for the number of images posted in a new thread

Some excellent stuff, Dude. Too many to comment on indiviudally even if I had the time

Zm

Conrad Tan

sevan pulurian wrote:
Holly chit Conrad! Looks like it is time to invest into a 7d. Great captures.

Sevan

Haha!! Yes it is Sevan! Yes it is time!

Conrad Tan

Mort2k wrote:
Wonderfull series again Conrad - My will is being worn away slowly, if you keep posting like this i will have sold the 50D and got the 7 before the year is out - damn you

Thank you Mort, sorry about your will and all. I really don't think you'll regret it. In fact I think you'll love it so it will bring back everything you ever loved about photography in the first place! (wow I think I'm speaking for myself there huh?)

Conrad Tan

Mr Zoom wrote:
Are yo done yet I think you just set a record for the number of images posted in a new thread

Some excellent stuff, Dude. Too many to comment on indiviudally even if I had the time

Zm

Yes I'm done... for now.. Haha!! Not sure if its a record, but Canon should have some sort of commission thing going for people like me damn it!

surfnron
Total Posts: 43262

Great job on these Conrad. You are improving faster than Ant...
Your 7D posts have been very informative. I've been following the "Master 7D Thread", and your photos have helped answer many questions for me.
Thanx,
Ron

Conrad Tan

surfnron wrote:
Great job on these Conrad. You are improving faster than Ant...
Your 7D posts have been very informative. I've been following the "Mater 7D Thread", and your photos have helped answer many questions for me.
Thanx,
Ron

Haha!! Now Ron you're gonna hurt Anthony's feelings! Glad to have been of some help man. I hope other folks can make more informed decisions with them.

Dick on Aruba
Total Posts: 4913

You have some really awesome captures in this large collection.

Nello Milanese
Total Posts: 7514

What's a 7D

Conrad Tan

Dick on Aruba wrote:
You have some really awesome captures in this large collection.

Thank you sir. I had a lucky day.

Conrad Tan

Nello Milanese wrote:
What's a 7D

Oh Nello. You crack me up. Hey Ant and I are going back to this same spot tomorrow. I hope to post more stuff with this 7D soon. Hehe..

mabidally
Total Posts: 4440

Whoa there! These are super, and does that auto focus system seem to work well!
Canon should definitely pay you a commission for this post because after this set the 7D's are all going to sell out like hot cakes.

If you can email me a full size file of any one of the shots like previously please do so.

Now wheres my credit card!

1       2      
       4       5       6       end