Please READ Before Posting!
/forum/topic/728814/5

1       2       3              5      
       end

oscarzan
Total Posts: 222

Thank you Evan. Should have read your thread completely before asking questions.
Regards,

Jennifer Hanks
Total Posts: 50

Amazing thread. I have learned so much!! Thank you so much

VPell
Total Posts: 2294

this thread should cost 16,500 dollars to view imo

Evan Baines
Total Posts: 5530

New section added on use of the F-word.

Steve Tinetti
Total Posts: 2530

^^, I'm scanning through page one looking for the "F" word and thinking to myself, "WTF, I can't find it!!" Then it dawned on me - oh... thaaat F word...

Evan, the film addition is really well said and echos my thoughts on the subject entirely. For those of us who shot film before the advent of digital, we have a true appreciation for the medium. I saw a blog the other day where a film photographer was bragging about his "SOOS" (straight off of scanner) images. Really? So he really is a digital shooter with an added step? Whatever, it is what it is and I'll leave it at that. Thanks again to Evan for his awesome contributions to the forum!

ksmahgrts
Total Posts: 5684

hey, steve...

f you, buddy.

xoxo

VPell
Total Posts: 2294

this is still the best thread of all time

Julia.Hailey
Total Posts: 9

Wow, as a new member to this site, this was so helpful! I feel less like I'm jumping in over my head in the deep end and more like I have these posts to keep me afloat.

Steve Tinetti
Total Posts: 2530

I just read the latest chapter on film. Brilliant and so true it's funny. Great job Evan and thanks again for your awesome contributions to the forum!

indiginess
Total Posts: 85

VPell wrote:
this thread should cost 16,500 dollars to view imo

yup. nice post. the section on GWC's reeked of insightful experience and i suspect you improved many-a-wedding with those words. thanks.

Ziffl3
Total Posts: 4056

Marking the Day: Mr Evan Baines announced his farewell the the professional world of Wedding photography and to this forum ..... the wedding forum.

While Evan will be missed, one of his best qualities as a wedding shooter was his pursuit and understanding of 'the craft'.
In a time where the profession of Wedding photography has been getting saturated with many new faces-with 'Green box' shooting mentality, Evan looked to improve himself and teach others by understanding the history and the craft of Wedding photography.

The Wedding forum will miss Evans insight and ability to explain subtle & deep thoughts in an articulate and meaningful style. Never belittling, always trying to understand the other persons view.

And the photography; Evan is an accomplished wedding and commercial photographer.
The wedding forum has been graced by many images that provided insight and inspirations to the Fred Miranda Wedding forum community.

Ask any member, present or past, and they will be able to tell you about several images that Evan captured which left an impression on them.

We wish Mr E.B. all the best in his new pursuits and that his visions may never be dark.

-Mark

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

Just saw this. It will save me a lot of writing in the future. All the best in your new way.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6653

Didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this is redundant, but I think a lot of the points Evan makes applies to anyone with professional photography aspirations. Perhaps a sticky on the front page is more appropriate!

Greg

sozypozy
Total Posts: 600

I agree. A lot of points that Evan has made are applicable to everyone who wishes to do pro photography

jonathanlord31
Total Posts: 2

lots of thanks for giving such nice information Evan

1       2       3              5      
       end