1       2       3       4      
       6       end

PortraitProAlex
Total Posts: 4

Extremely helpful, thank you!

hk_mtbr
Total Posts: 838

Great read!

I'm not a wedding photographer nor a GWC anytime in the future I hope .

What you guys do is way above my ability, to be sure, but patience especially.

I do really enjoy seeing all the great work on this forum though... very inspirational...

Hats off to you guys!

openedeyes
Total Posts: 192

Even though I'm rediculously new to photography, I now know what to do to make a pro's job easier at a wedding at any time-stay out of the way! Thanks for inspiring!

Evan Baines
Total Posts: 5527

Section added on "getting the most out of your FM weddings experience!"

VPell
Total Posts: 2294

I read this before posting.

12bar
Total Posts: 277

I was just about to post another set of questions which were all answered here. Thanks for taking the time to post this great advice.

Raysot
Total Posts: 18

Wow... I went from being all cocky and having a "I can do this... seems easy..." attitude to whimpering in a dark corner of the room.

I too am looking to get into wedding photography... I think I need to watch a few more episodes of "Bridezilla" to wake me out of my stupor and self-serving visions of grandeur.

Thanks for the sage advice...

Evan Baines

Clause added about PMing forum members for critique/advice/help

Zenon Char
Total Posts: 755

Great post and info. Thanks for taking the time to write something so detailed and lengthly. I'm going to re-read it several times.

I shot my wife's sisters wedding last fall and I had the "Uncle Steve who knows best" situation. That part was awful.

And yes a wedding is a huge responsibility. Many times you only have one chance. Two more people asked me to shoot their weddings this summer. It was difficult to say no. I made it crystal clear right of the hop that I'm not a $5000 wedding photographer. If you want that you have to go hire one.

KnightShot
Total Posts: 157

I guess I should have read this several weeks ago when I joined, good thing I didn't violate anything so far... hehe.

Evan Baines

New addendum on "asking for advice to Uncle Bob a wedding" added to the forum tips

-In the wedding photography industry, overzealous guests-with-cameras are a frequent problem for professionals (to the point where I have included a section on this very topic in the FAQ!). If you are asking for tips or advice on the best way to "Uncle Bob" a wedding, you should probably anticipate a lukewarm response from the membership.

ksmahgrts
Total Posts: 5684

i love you, evan baines. in a purely platonic, worshipful, unhealthy stalker kind of way. (hi amanda!)

tmiller
Total Posts: 4184

ksmahgrts wrote:
i love you, evan baines. in a purely platonic, worshipful, unhealthy stalker kind of way. (hi amanda!)

I just love the myth... of the Baines.

-Tim

Dono T
Total Posts: 79

I am an amateur, looking to find a mentor. Not only does this help potential/new wedding photographers (perhaps even experienced ones), it has also given me much helpful information for finding an internship postion and what to expect in that position.

Thankyou

Csae
Total Posts: 899

very nice guide, i most especially liked the Guerilla style destruction of GWCs.

I found it odd that you forgot the mention of VideoGuys! But i suppose they fall under GWCs.

Oh, how i've had VideoGuys shine a horrid bright, completely bare and destructive light on, while i was shooting wide open

My biggest gripe has always been people destroying pictures by placing themselfs in front of the lens, shining bright lights, using horrid random flash, etc. I find the ways you describe to dealing with them, to be an extension of how i recently started going about it, but you seem to have alot more experience and probably pain in the matter, so i save myself alot of it by just learning the missing bits from you

Thanks.

Evan Baines

New section added!

-If someone posts an image thread and specifically identifies that the clients/subjects are FM participants, unless otherwise noted, they are NOT looking for critique, but rather sharing images for everyone to enjoy of people who may be considered mutual friends. Don't be a jerk and spoil it.

Sam Hassas
Total Posts: 6100

This caused me to quit posting FM clients work here and also took a forum sabbatical for like 4 months.

~Sam

Lee Martin
Total Posts: 5

Hello I'm sorry to leave this here and hope that it can be amended but i didn't know where else or how to simply email you directly. I just wanted to inform you that Mike Craven a good friend of mine, and was a regular contributor to this site, and may have acted as a moderator at some stage, is currently very ill here in the UK. As a result he will not be able to contact you in the near future. If a more appropriate link can be sent to me i'll update you in due course. Best wishes to all and keep up the good work. Lee Martin

BobbyBain
Total Posts: 25

Thanks Evan, I posted a "Help" message without reading into the forum properly (well I am a rookie cut me a wee bit of slack). I just got a job as second shooter and I already feel more prepared for my first job. Especially like the section on dealing with GWC. Thanks again!

Evan Baines

New section added on parasitic infestation.

1       2       3       4      
       6       end