Please READ Before Posting!
/forum/topic/728814/1

3              5       6       end

Sam Hassas
Total Posts: 6100

Tony Hoffer wrote:
Sam Hassas wrote:
Tar and feather to ANY who post a new, "my first wedding, lease help" threads. TAR & FEATHERS!

Awesome Evan. I can add nothing.

~Sam

Wouldn't it be strange for someone to talk ask for 'lease help' on this forum??

I know not what you speak of.

~Sam

tmiller
Total Posts: 4183

Sam Hassas wrote:
Tony Hoffer wrote:
Sam Hassas wrote:
Tar and feather to ANY who post a new, "my first wedding, lease help" threads. TAR & FEATHERS!

Awesome Evan. I can add nothing.

~Sam

Wouldn't it be strange for someone to talk ask for 'lease help' on this forum??

I know not what you speak of.

~Sam

Neither do I, but check the new saaaweeeeet avatar. =o) Hehhe... sorry, had to point it out!

-tmiller

Tom Sweeney
Total Posts: 321

Sounds like wise words from someone who has been there done that and is willing to share his wealth...of information anyway

Thanks!
Tom

njw
Total Posts: 994

AWESOME guide Evan. I agree with the Sticky, and fully support Sam's tar and feathers proposal.

Bravo!

njw

Andrew Dutcher
Total Posts: 145

So I'm shooting my first wedding...

Seriously though, I am thinking about moving into wedding photography, and appreciate when members here give me stuff to think about/good solid advice. This post and Tim's have been very helpful as I start pulling together resources/thinking about this new business.

RobertLynn
Total Posts: 11506

This is a great start! I've been looking at this forum a lot, because I hope to branch into wedding photography within the year, and know I've got a lot more to buy, and learn.

anitrone
Total Posts: 50

Thank you for posting this Mr Baines...my family and friends have no idea why I always turn down their invitations to shoot their weddings, now I have the perfect way of letting them know.

Thank you for inspiration!

crteach
Total Posts: 520

Wonderful stuff! I just got asked to do a wedding for an employee of my husband....I already turned it down, and this post reinforces why I did!

The Grays
Total Posts: 463

Ummmm.... Evan is the smartest person ever.

This is superb advice and gives you a real look into seriously starting a wedding photography business! This is not something to be taken lightly and this could turn into an "Evan Baines' wedding photographer handbook 101!"

-Zach

weeums
Total Posts: 1276

WE WANT A STICKY NOT AN ICKY HICKY !!!

oh... wait.. we got a sticky. so much better than an Icky Hicky... thanks t.Miller !

where's my phone call?

- travis

p.s. oh.. and Evan - rock'n all the main questions out. good job you!

deepbluejh
Total Posts: 6888

Good job on the post! This sticky was sorely needed.

Lucky_Dog
Total Posts: 2162

I want to be like Evan when I grow up!

paulhodson
Total Posts: 14361

If you have no idea what I'm talking about with regards to these f-stops, then you may be best off reconsidering your plan to shoot this wedding.

Love this bit

David Manning
Total Posts: 1144

Good stuff! Really good stuff!

David

Gordon walker
Total Posts: 344

Evan,

I wish I knew of FM when I got asked.

I would add to the mix that in addition to site scouting, have a list of shots to take, including (and most importantly) a coordinated and timed plan for the formals (who gets shot with the B+G and when). If the answer you get to a request to go over such things meets with "oh, I'm sure you will do fine", Run! Run fast and run far.

Brian Lingle
Total Posts: 2310

Well thought out and well said, as always, Evan. I'm imagining a, "First wedding...", post (you know it's going to happen) with 20 responses that contain only a link to this sticky.

57suzi
Total Posts: 5871

paulhodson wrote:
If you have no idea what I'm talking about with regards to these f-stops, then you may be best off reconsidering your plan to shoot this wedding.

Love this bit

I agree, Paul, this was my favorite part.

Steve Tinetti
Total Posts: 2522

Evan, this is very well written; thanks for all your hard work on behalf of the FM community!

Of course this could expand in to several sub categories and I hope it does. Maybe you can work on a "whew, I shot my first wedding - what now" section, such as post production, computer needs, software, and education. Also, wedding etiquette, attire, meals, samples of your work, web site, good customer service, etc. Some of this may be referenced back to Tim's "Recourses" thread.

Thanks to members like you, we are strong. Sooo, when can we expect a book?

Steve

unblinkable
Total Posts: 5566

I... don't know when this was done. I feel like I've missed out on the celebration of this thread. But at any rate... YAY!!!! Well done!

scott shoemake
Total Posts: 1732

When the book comes out...I'm throwin' it at all the nooooooooobz.

3              5       6       end