Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3722

1       2       3              3722      
       3724              4531       4532       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19263

I'm with Zim, it never would have occurred to me. Following that line of reasoning, what would the Nikon 24 perform like with a 1.4? Is there a reason to buy the 45 PC I was thinking about?

BTW, thank you to everyone for your thoughtful analysis of my ISAP query. Makes me once again realize what an incredible group we 're blessed with here.

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

A few from the Red Star Pilots Formation Clinic at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'm with Zim, it never would have occurred to me. Following that line of reasoning, what would the Nikon 24 perform like with a 1.4? Is there a reason to buy the 45 PC I was thinking about?

BTW, thank you to everyone for your thoughtful analysis of my ISAP query. Makes me once again realize what an incredible group we 're blessed with here.

I first saw the use of a TC with a TS lens in a behind the scenes of the creation of a timelapse. Interesting technique.

Will your Nikon 24 take a TC? It could also then take the 1.7 TC which gets a good write up.

Did you find the thoughts of a former member useful?

Mark

dmirkovich
Total Posts: 26

Good looking pictures. I'm an aviation fan, so these strike a particular chord!

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

it all depends on the TC and the rear element of the lens the kenko 1.4 works with some lenses that the Nikon ones don't just based on design.

Looking at the rear element of the 24mm PC-E it looks like it might work with the Kenko...but I'm with Zim...crop it or move closer is the easier solution for most cases.

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

Hard to believe this airframe was developed 58 years ago! Still one of the best looking planes out there!
Mesa Gateway Open House 2014

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9306

my first thought this morning was how are they going to fit those B-25's in Madison Square Garden

NightOwl Cat

NightOwl Cat

--

NightOwl Cat

``

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

Boy, Have I ever missed you guys - I have many pages to catch up on...

I know that quite a few of you have a GoPro camera. The following may be of interest to you. A pal of mine (Stuart Smith) has designed a self contained 1, 2 or 3 axis stabilizer for the GoPro.

See: http://www.rocksolid-tech.com/

It is quite an incredible stabiliser. almost a 'steady-cam' for the GoPro. It can be fitted to crash helmets, motorbikes, cycles or even cars & aircraft. Skydivers, Paragliders etc will grab this product the instant it hits the market. Stuart is in need of help in getting support from social media and if possible, pledges.

Stu has launched the product for potential backers. More technical info here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1496576492/stubilizer-gopro-compatible-active-camera-stabiliz

If you could copy the links to your Facebook and Twitter, we will be very grateful. Thanks

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

dmirkovich, welcome to MA2A and it's nice to see you here. Please make yourself comfortable. The ride is long and the in flight movie is even longer. When you have a moment, post a photo or two when possible. Otherwise, join in and become a member of the MA2A family.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

Hurricane

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Y'all might enjoy a visit here, if you're into paper model building: http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com

And while I'm here, have an HDR 3D pair of Horseshoe Bend... Only a gazillion photos to go through, now I'm back from my 3500 mile road trip :-)

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

This is a 4-frame HDR panorama of Glen Canyon Dam, also in Page, AZ.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

A couple of images from Luke AFB.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Donald Gray wrote:
Boy, Have I ever missed you guys - I have many pages to catch up on...

I know that quite a few of you have a GoPro camera. The following may be of interest to you. A pal of mine (Stuart Smith) has designed a self contained 1, 2 or 3 axis stabilizer for the GoPro.

See: http://www.rocksolid-tech.com/

It is quite an incredible stabiliser. almost a 'steady-cam' for the GoPro. It can be fitted to crash helmets, motorbikes, cycles or even cars & aircraft. Skydivers, Paragliders etc will grab this product the instant it hits the market. Stuart is in need of help in getting support from social media and if possible, pledges.

Stu has launched the product for potential backers. More technical info here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1496576492/stubilizer-gopro-compatible-active-camera-stabiliz

If you could copy the links to your Facebook and Twitter, we will be very grateful. Thanks

I'm in: now waiting impatiently for the 2-axis version...and I don't even own a GoPro.

JWilsonphoto

That looks like a quality product design for sure. I'm wondering why the more expensive sponsorship slots were so minimal? Seems that you'd want to have a bunch of those to raise funds more rapidly. Does he have any plans for units that would work with larger camera bodies?

What happens in these situations if the financial goal isn't reached? Does the whole effort just drop off the map?

JWilsonphoto

As long as I'm tossing out questions, how about that Triple 7?! What in the world happened there? Transponders switched off, data being reported by the plane long after communications ceased. If it was a biz jet I'd guess they experienced a Payne Stewart type scenario, but that seems unlikely with all the redundancy that must be on a 777.

What an excruciating time for families and friends of those 239 passengers, ugh!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That looks like a quality product design for sure. I'm wondering why the more expensive sponsorship slots were so minimal? Seems that you'd want to have a bunch of those to raise funds more rapidly. Does he have any plans for units that would work with larger camera bodies?

What happens in these situations if the financial goal isn't reached? Does the whole effort just drop off the map?

On Kickstarter, if the goal isn't reached by the stated time, nobody's credit card gets charged. What happens after that? No clue.

1       2       3              3722      
       3724              4531       4532       end