Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3719

1       2       3              3719      
       3721              4531       4532       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Nice series, Laura. If you have a good noise filter, the high ISO cockpit shots ought to clean up well, too.

Is that a training mockup of the orbiter?

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Nice! I definitely have to get back down there.

Erich

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19261

Nice Laura!

How's certification coming Zim?

Chandler and I defied the winds today and flew R/C, with no damage! We we so pleased with our feat that we decided to take the next step and upgrade our controller to the Spektrum DX9. We have our sights set on a new release, The Carbon Cub, 7' wingspan, flaps and ailerons. Hoping that we're competent enough by summer to not create a smoking' hole with it.

Gary Sommer
Total Posts: 341

Here is another one from the 'Way Back Machine' F-8 landing on the USS Oriskany.

Some of these planes had trouble releasing the arresting cable, so the crewman in the lower left ran out with a pry bar in case he had to pry it off.

These are Kodacrome slides from 1969 or 1970.

JWilsonphoto

Nice Gary. Hard to imagine how short that deck must look as you are screaming toward it.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

Cool stuff Gary thanks for sharing..
1970 the year I was born

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

The Navy F-8 rails on the fuselage reminded me of the 1961 Plymouth tail light design we use to joke about.

"An assembly line worker calls the Design Engineer and says "Hey! We forgot the tail lights on this model!". So the engineer got some flash lights with red lenses and screwed them on the rear fender."

Looks like they discovered they forgot the rails at the end of the assembly so they stuck them on the F-8's fuselage.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
How's certification coming Zim?

I'm still waiting for the FAA and the Slovenian civil aviation authority to agree on what exactly the model designation of my Pipistrel is. The original Slovenian letter had an error in it that no one caught before the FAA did; so we're in a holding pattern. It sure looks good on its gear, even without the wings on: a very fancy lawn dart.

By the way, Jim: did you see the PC-12 in Monument Valley I posted a few days ago?

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Spotted this over Excalibur in Las Vegas this afternoon... didn't see the culprits though.

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

From Mesa-Gateway Open House (today)

John Pike 1929XF

Ford Tri Motor

Student's Worst Nightmare! (this and another F-5 Aggressor were out playing with a pair of F-18's)

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9305

Hi Steve, yes, it's the Crew Cabin Trainer that the Super Guppy brought here. It may not be "a real shuttle", but you can't look in the real shuttles at all. There are about 2000 switches in that CCT, makes for lots of muscle memory training.

I got in there today ahead of several Boy Scout / Cub Scout troops. There are also flight simulators that you can "land a shuttle" at Edwards AFB.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=19610

NightOwl Cat

Redo of the two cockpit shots

stevezzzz

Nice rework, Laura!

Whole lotta Velcro goin' on...

JWilsonphoto

Hi Zim,

No I missed it.

Shaggy Wolf
Total Posts: 629

I have..RETURNED

At least, for a bit. Just had a baby, life is crazy. I think we've picked up a few thousand pages since I last visited

I don't know if people have seen this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473616645/the-p-61-black-widow-restoration-project
MAAM is still working on getting their P-61 into flying condition, so they've created a kickstarter.

Guess I have some reading to do!

gcbermejo
Total Posts: 66

Ok, giving Flickr a try. AirNZ on finals to Christchurch International a few days ago. Nikon D300s and Tamron 300/2.8 hand held at Apet Mode at F10 I think the settings were.
Nikon Raw Image processed in Nikon NX2.
Open to suggestions and C&C of course. Photography angles are limited and all depending as well on which runway is in use.

http:// PHL_6574 by gordonbermejo, on Flickr

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Zim,

No I missed it.

Here it is again, Jim:

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

gcbermejo wrote:

Ok, giving Flickr a try. AirNZ on finals to Christchurch International a few days ago. Nikon D300s and Tamron 300/2.8 hand held at Apet Mode at F10 I think the settings were.
Nikon Raw Image processed in Nikon NX2.
Open to suggestions and C&C of course. Photography angles are limited and all depending as well on which runway is in use.

http:// PHL_6574 by gordonbermejo, on Flickr

I think you may have some extra links in there, but at least we can see the photo now!

Erich

NightOwl Cat

Another new exhibit:

JWilsonphoto

Very nice Zim! We could do something spectacular with a B25, that airplane and those backdrops!

1       2       3              3719      
       3721              4531       4532       end