/forum/topic/600984/3617

1       2       3              3617      
       3619              4532       4533       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Bill Gass wrote:
stevez wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Jeff. These two are 2012 manufacture: BD-700-1A10, configured with 23 seats and all the bells and whistles. JR and I were sitting at the hold short line last night as they both slipped back into McKinney in the span of about fifteen minutes. They are truly sculpted art. Depending upon where you are standing and what type of shot you want, you have to be prepared for a blast that will come very close to knocking you off your feet as the aircraft goes by. Oh yeah, there's the zillions of tiny to not so tiny particles that the wake sandblasts you with, all part of the fun.

They have two older versions sitting in the hangar that we're going to buy after the first of the year. They would like to sell or lease one of them to us, but that's a little premature. They're asking way above market for them or they'd be sold already. You can buy a beautiful GX of that vintage for about the same price as a new Legacy 650, operating costs are higher, but the aircraft's capabilities are amazing.

Let's see, could we put together 23 MA2A friends for a photo excursion to the UK's historic air shows? Now that would be fun.

There's a lot to like about this post, Jim...and the gorgeous Challenger shot is just the icing on the cake.

UK Flight and show, NICE !
One castle for the wife and I please...

I think when you slip in with a Global a caravan of black Land Rovers pull in to meet you and take you to the castle. Not for sure, cuz I'm a bit new to this. I'll keep you posted.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 986

OK Bill, one castle it is....
Oh wait, you want to visit a real castle? Well if you come up to Northumberland your biggest problem is “which one”. Better to see several – I have five (yes 5) within 30 miles of my home.

This is Alnwick – one of the five.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I think when you slip in with a Global a caravan of black Land Rovers pull in to meet you and take you to the castle. Not for sure, cuz I'm a bigt new to this. I'll keep you posted.

Who's a big newt? That is what you meant to write, isn't it?

JWilsonphoto

Dang fingers! "a bit new........"

JWilsonphoto

Days gone by...Brrrrr..................

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Guys,

Coincidentally, just got a call from the ICAS floor and The Thunderbirds will be at AFW 2014. Want to bet we get them all up with "Spirit 1" for an air to air? I'll take the up side of that wager.

i'll take that bet! Hopefully the odds on that are better than the craps tables i just left $200 at in a span of about 10 minutes. Andrew and I had a pretty successful first ICAS and it was a blast being here with all my larger than life airshow heros. Our booth was right next to Randy Ball and it was fun to hang with him all week. Right in front of us was the new Jack Links Jet powered Waco biplane (that has yet to be flown, but looks sweet). Cant wait to see what its schedule turns out to be - it looks really cool.

Ready to go home - 5 days in Vegas is about 4 days too long, but the wall of ice from Canada to El Paso isnt going to let us today. hopefully we can get back into Georgetown tomorrow afternoon once it warms a little..

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

Glad you had a productive ICAS Glenn! Don't push that ice Buddy. Just spent an hour in the spa with five Grands, 100 degrees below the surface , 30 above with steady freezing rain. The kind of stuff that brings winged things down in a blink.

JWilsonphoto

Of course it wasn't long before the double dares began...............

JWilsonphoto

The next step............

Larry Grace
Total Posts: 130

The USAF Thunderbirds have released their 2014 schedule

January
1: Rose Bowl Parade

February
23: Daytona 500

March

5: COMACC Approval Show
9: Las Vegas Speedway
11: Creech Appreciation Show
15-16: Luke AFB, AZ
22-23: MacDill AFB, FL
29-30: Punta Gorda, FL
April

5-6: Columbus AFB, MS
12-13: Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
26-27: Barksdale AFB, LA
May

3-4: Travis AFB, CA
10-11: JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ
17-18: Youngstown ARB, OH
24-25: Cannon AFB, NM
28: USAF Academy, CO
31-June 1: Fairchild AFB, WA

June

7-8: Rockford, IL
14-15: Ocean City, MD
21-22: Tinker AFB, OK
28-29: Hill AFB, UT

July

5-6: Battle Creek, MI
12-13: Fair Oaks (Gary), IN
15: MLB All-Star Game, Minneapolis, MN
23: Cheyenne, WY
26-27: JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK

August

2-3: Oshkosh, WI ( Yes they will be doing a full Show)
9-10: Ypsilanti, MI
13: Atlantic City, NJ
16-17: Rochester, NY
23-24: Waterloo, IA
30-31: Kalispell, MT

September

13-14: Altus AFB, OK
20-21: Mountain Home AFB, ID
27-28: Salinas, CA

October

4-5: Melbourne, FL
11-12: Daytona Beach, FL
18-19: Rome, GA
25-26: Ft Worth, TX

November

1-2: Santa Teresa, NM
9-10: Nellis AFB, NV

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Glad you had a productive ICAS Glenn! Don't push that ice Buddy. Just spent an hour in the spa with five Grands, 100 degrees below the surface , 30 above with steady freezing rain. The kind of stuff that brings winged things down in a blink.

Jim, I'll see your 30 degrees and freezing rain and raise you our minus-3 degrees and ice fog. It's not a fit night out for man or beast.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2451

nickjohnson wrote:
OK Bill, one castle it is....
Oh wait, you want to visit a real castle? Well if you come up to Northumberland your biggest problem is “which one”. Better to see several – I have five (yes 5) within 30 miles of my home.

This is Alnwick – one of the five.

Reputedly the second largest castle in England (according to Michael Portillo in Great Railway journeys), presumably after Windsor castle
Niall
Edited for TOPP

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

We went to visit some friends the day after Thanksgiving, and they have this really cute Standard Poodle. Couldn't resist taking his photo :-)

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 371

Quickie morning shot to say good morning from North Texas!

JWilsonphoto

Brrrrrrrrr! I've got five kids looking at me and asking me what we can do in this stuff. I'm thinking we pull the John Deere out, hook a rope to a long sled and see what happens.

stevezzzz

You could go ice skating on the streets in your neighborhood...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Keep warm my frozen brothers

KZinnack
Total Posts: 168

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Brrrrrrrrr! I've got five kids looking at me and asking me what we can do in this stuff. I'm thinking we pull the John Deere out, hook a rope to a long sled and see what happens.

That sounds like great fun! I seem to remember a similar adventure at Grand Forks AFB that involved a KC-135A inlet cover, the alert expediter truck and a snowy ramp. The result involved blasting under a fully loaded alert B-52, a blast fence and a screaming airborne crewchief. Gotta find your fun where you can...

JWilsonphoto

That's funny KZ!

JWilsonphoto

1       2       3              3617      
       3619              4532       4533       end