Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3615

1       2       3              3615      
       3617              4242       4243       end

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2573

astrobrian wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
Rare Bear is on a flatbed and on it's way to Ezell's shop in TX. Who knows what will happen. Rod Lewis fired everybody that was working on the plane.

Is my mind playing tricks on me, or wasn't there a contest to design the next paint scheme for Rare Bear? Thought I had seen that somewhere a couple months back. What was behind the firing?

Precious Metal had the contest, and they are not using the winning design, but the winner will get something. As for the firing, it's a long story that I know a lot about through various people, but it is best left told by those who actually were there.

Loaded up.
http://imgflip.com/i/u3ib

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15893

MMcGrath wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
BTW, this comes to you from a very comfortable seat on a GV. Man, this kind of thing makes it very difficult to face 37D on the airlines!

Looks like there is money to be made in photography after all.

Don't spread that around Mark, everyone might want to become a photographer..............................oh wait, that's already happened.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2806

Tim Ashton wrote:
To Jim and all of you who offered your prayers for my 25 yr old Eugenie, who nearly died from blood poisoning which so nearly killed her earlier this year, she had her follow up open heart surgery today and the outcome is ++++.

Tim,

Eugenie is a beautiful young lady, so glad that the surgery went well. Thanks for letting us know, and remembering how many of us were pulling and praying for her.

Mark

Razor17
Total Posts: 297

Tim Adams wrote:
astrobrian wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
Rare Bear is on a flatbed and on it's way to Ezell's shop in TX. Who knows what will happen. Rod Lewis fired everybody that was working on the plane.

Is my mind playing tricks on me, or wasn't there a contest to design the next paint scheme for Rare Bear? Thought I had seen that somewhere a couple months back. What was behind the firing?

Precious Metal had the contest, and they are not using the winning design, but the winner will get something. As for the firing, it's a long story that I know a lot about through various people, but it is best left told by those who actually were there.

Loaded up.
http://imgflip.com/i/u3ib

I had heard that they consulted a aircraft restorer and seasoned air racer and thought it was Nelson. She will be in good hands now...

Razor17
Total Posts: 297

JWilsonphoto wrote:
BTW, this comes to you from a very comfortable seat on a GV. Man, this kind of thing makes it very difficult to face 37D on the airlines!

Guess you won't be shooting the Me-262 flying over the war torn skies of the metro-plex...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3177

@Tim Adams: What do you hear about the viability of the Reno air races this year? I'm tempted to go, if they hold them.

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 133

Trying a black and white treatment on this one...from NAS Ft Worth today...

Thoughts?

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 480

What can I say? I like shiny metal!

B-25 Mitchell "Panchito"

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1829

A couple of images of the Blue Angels during their winter practice at NAF El Centro.

Jeff W.

Gladiator Rhino making mid field break at NAF El Centro...

yipDog
Total Posts: 127

WOW JEFF! Nailed that one!

Zane Adams wrote:
Trying a black and white treatment on this one...from NAS Ft Worth today...

Thoughts?

Nice shot...personally I like to push the darks a bit more. It's a trick to keep the detail in the shadows though...not a one step process.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2573

stevez wrote:
@Tim Adams: What do you hear about the viability of the Reno air races this year? I'm tempted to go, if they hold them.

They are going to hold something, but right now it looks like only 11 Unlimiteds will be entered. The Unlimiteds are very fluid right now.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2892

Get those Nikon cameras ready for the photo pass..

Glenn

astrobrian
Total Posts: 820

Jeff W. wrote:
A couple of images of the Blue Angels during their winter practice at NAF El Centro.

What filter (if any) were you using for these gorgeous shots?

went
Total Posts: 1672

Go Glenn, now you need the new 80~400, if Steve & Jim don't stock pile the shipment!!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4369

EA-6B Prowler On The Bounce

Jeff W.

astrobrian wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:

What filter (if any) were you using for these gorgeous shots?

Hey Brian - thanks for the kind words. On the super bug image, I had on my CP filter to help me deal with some serious southwestern desert brightness and the stark blue skies.

On the two BA images, I used no filter. The four ship take off has some unusual exhaust colors due to the bio fuel they use - smells like burning celery to me. I added a little contrast in post to help pop the BA's away from the mix of bio exhaust and white smoke.

The image of the three ship launch occurred when there was some serious haze issues being created by farming activity immediately east of NAFEC. Accordingly, I had to play with my LR4 and CS6 sliders to help the Hornets emerge more prominently from the haze.

Here is a late evening Cobra...

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4369

Very Nice Jeff!

Growl Air...

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

msalvetti wrote:
Tim Ashton wrote:
To Jim and all of you who offered your prayers for my 25 yr old Eugenie, who nearly died from blood poisoning which so nearly killed her earlier this year, she had her follow up open heart surgery today and the outcome is ++++.

Tim,

Eugenie is a beautiful young lady, so glad that the surgery went well. Thanks for letting us know, and remembering how many of us were pulling and praying for her.

Mark

+1

Mrussfoto
Total Posts: 15

Just got the confirmation that the MCAS airshow in Beaufort SC has been cancelled. Very disappointed because it would have been my first time to see the Blue's since I was about ten. Looks like I'm going to have to save to make the trek from North Carolina to Texas for Alliance. Maybe I'll even get to meet some of the great people that make this forum such a pleasure.

1       2       3              3615      
       3617              4242       4243       end