Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3609

1       2       3              3609      
       3611              4533       4534       end

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

The Dreamlifter problem reminded me of the C-17 that missed MacDill AFB during a midday landing in July 2012, and instead landed at a small airport about 5 miles away. Oh yeah, Marine General James Mattis, head of U.S. Central Command happened to be on board.

He had an interesting take:

Mattis, whose responsibilities include running the war in Afghanistan, also said he sought leniency for the crew. "It was just human error," Mattis wrote. "I've made a lot of mistakes in my time, and some were real doozies (worse than landing at the wrong airstrip). The Marine Corps kept their sense of humor throughout my checkered career and allowed me to move onward and upward."

http://tbo.com/list/military-news/air-force-blames-wrong-airport-landing-on-fatigue-human-error-614036

Mark

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

For Zim & Co who are getting into quad copters...

You've been trumped! The good news is, you won't have to rely on datalinks anymore. Just go up and shoot it yourself!

http://www.e-volo.com/ongoing-developement

XHawkeye
Total Posts: 292

Color coded GPS from a crop-dusting aircraft.

http://gizmodo.com/youve-never-seen-gps-data-look-this-beautiful-1468837981

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

For those of you in the Texas area, we hope to have this beast up in the air again by Christmas or soon after. There is a possibility of all the jets flying for the first time at Wings Over Houston, but it would be cool to get them up to Fort Worth too!

This photo was from the afternoon we flew Bud Day in the back seat, and here is the video:

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

FlyingPhotog wrote:
For Zim & Co who are getting into quad copters...

You've been trumped! The good news is, you won't have to rely on datalinks anymore. Just go up and shoot it yourself!

http://www.e-volo.com/ongoing-developement

*Yawn*

Just your average electric two-seat octadecacopter.

P.S. I want one...

FlyingPhotog

Trolling The Archives...

A380 Demonstrator in a hefty crab at Oshkosh 2009

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19275

Cold, blowing. raining, trolling the archives is an appropriate activity here today...............

DLP
Total Posts: 2550

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Somewhere in Boeing there is some heavy math going on this morning, and their best pilot is probably hiding under his bed.

Rabbit: Look, all I'm saying is don't fold the maps.
Allan Sanders: I didn't fold the maps.
Rabbit: Yeah, well Kansas is a mess, there's a big crease right through Wichita.

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

Hi guys, Im very sorry for not reporting in earlier. Been very busy tripping around.

I cant thank all you guys enough, please forgive me if I miss someone..chief amount them
Steve Zimmerman for putting up with my attempts at driving on the wrong side of the road,
Erich for putting up with a lot of dumb questions & my pass prank..
Jay for letting me peer over his shoulder during Alliance and his help, try as I might ....I just dont think I can get close to this guys talent.
Lady Jo for providing Colonial support n beer selection guidance.
Glenn & Nadya for being so nice & coaching me in American dining skills.
Lastly Jim for his hospitality & guidance especially in the preceeding months when I was sending him numerous PMs regarding everything...enjoy those Violet Crumble bars...
I'm sure Ive missed somebody but I really appreciated my visit & the fantastic friendship shown by you all.

Ive been very busy since leaving Dallas, as you know I am a big car fan also,..So I attended the Goodguys Southeastern Nationals in Charlotte for three days then spent another few days in & around charlotte visiting a lot of the Nascar team shops. I bought way too many T shirts there.
Goodguys was awsome,..met a bunch of guys from Virginia who were at the same motel & they took me under their wing & showed me some great hospitality., I even met a few Camaro owners there who are keeping in touch. I managed to go shopping at Detriot Speed & Engineering in nearby Moorsesville for a few Camaro parts which I had to Fedex to Vegas due to my bag weights.

After Charlotte i flew to LA & spent a few days there, sadly my side trip to Yosemite fell through due to a number of issues, although I did get to visit the Science museum & see Discovery close up. I spend a couple of days in LA & then drove to Vegas for the SEAM show.
I met up with a good friend of mine from Australia in Vegas & we were introduced to the guys who detail all the show cars at SEMA which resulted in me gaining a All Areas Access pass so I could go into the exhibition halls early in the mornings before general public managed to get in the way so I could shoot ll the cars I wanted without interuption.
After untold issues with sneaking my way around the bag weights system I finally got to fly home.

Since getting home Ive had a week to rest then back into it witha car event here I had to shoot. So lots of late nights editing car images. However jetlag and late nights & early mornings have started to catch up with me plus a dose of head cold.

My Camaro bits are in the process of being fitted as we speak so I look forward to driving her again next week.

I porposley didn't post any shots form Dallas/Alliance due to my laptop not being calibrated so this week I'm into the Alliance images, Wow have I got a few.

Thanks again guys Ill get back to some sembelence of normality in the next week & may even post a few form Alliance.

Al

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Ummmmmmmm, Jim is that a new addition to your hangar

FlyingPhotog

Angry wrote:
Hi guys, Im very sorry for not reporting in earlier. Been very busy tripping around.

<SNIP>

Al

It was an absolute pleasure having you with us Al. Thanks for your company and thank you for the gift!
It's displayed prominently in my office!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19275

A pleasure indeed Al! Come back soon!!

From your lips to God's ear Gero. That's "The Brat III" in a previous life, I guess me too

We were shooting the 51 and the boys wanted to come along. Hope to do a sequel shot at some point, but we won't all fit in the cockpit anymore.

gerov

That's a great picture Jim. I just thought you were trying to sneak in a subtle hint

The grandchildren look delighted to be up there with you. I'm sure you still cherish that moment.

stevezzzz

gerov wrote:
That's a great picture Jim. I just thought you were trying to sneak in a subtle hint

The grandchildren look delighted to be up there with you. I'm sure you still cherish that moment.

I don't think Jim had grandchildren when he was 33, Gero.

stevezzzz

Hey, Al, come back soon; we'll show you the Colorado branch of God's country!

gerov

stevez wrote:
Hey, Al, come back soon; we'll show you the Colorado branch of God's country!

From what I've seen the couple of times I've been to Colorado, there isn't very much that could be any better

Edit - ToPP - not a plane, but one of the most amazing creatures there is

Leviathor
Total Posts: 199

JWilsonphoto wrote:
A pleasure indeed Al! Come back soon!!

From your lips to God's ear Gero. That's "The Brat III" in a previous life, I guess me too

We were shooting the 51 and the boys wanted to come along. Hope to do a sequel shot at some point, but we won't all fit in the cockpit anymore.

As I'm sure you know, Jim... it is possible to get a group shot from the root out to the fuel filler cap. I think it would be a fitting temporal snapshot. We'd all appreciate it, I promise!

XHawkeye
Total Posts: 292

Couple October photos from an Iowa corn harvest.

Wife's first corn harvest. Reluctant to take the wheel but once she realized it was easy to drive she liked it.

Uncle using a leaf blower to clean combine. Much lower chance of a fire harvesting corn, compared to soybeans, but after another uncle crawled out of burning combine, last fall, it is better safe then sorry.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4097

First shot after repair I think it's ok

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

Finally getting around to looking at some of my Alliance pictures.

Rob

1       2       3              3609      
       3611              4533       4534       end