Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3604

1       2       3              3604      
       3606              4133       4134       end

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1478

J Mosher wrote:
I'm heading down to Southern Utah/ Northern Arizona this weekend for a much needed photo excursion. Getting a little antsy and I was going over some old images. Found this B-1 from Aviation Nation 2012. Enjoy.

JM

Very nice !!

I might have to go to Salt Lake City the middle of July w/ gf ..... any aviation opportunities there ? any thing else to do there besides take a bus up to the mountains and monumental building photos ??

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3360

Cool B1 with sniperpod enjoy the trip Jim

Jan-Arie

Geaux wrote:
Saturday afternoon my eldest son called me at work (yeah it was my weekend at work - yuck) all excited that he saw what he thought was a B-29 fly over while he was at a friends house. This friend lives near the airport that hosts the local EAA chapter so I quickly checked the website and told him it was probably not the only flying B-29 because it was not in the state but it could have been one of the B-17's that they have at chapter events. He was thoroughly excited and could not wait to go see it after church on Sunday.

Since I had to work I gave him my old camera and asked him to bring back plenty of pictures and tell me all about it. I put the camera on program mode and told him to raise the flash if needed. He came back with a big smile and a CF card full of WWII history. It turns out that it was a B-17F that was used in the movie 'Memphis Belle'. I think he did OK considering it was a nasty overcast day with gusty winds, a thunderstorm moving in and the fact that he is twelve.

Memphis Belle by Geaux Jr:

Now that is something to be proud of

Cicopo
Total Posts: 1752

Jr did very well, both in spotting it & knowing it was out of the ordinary plus with the prop blur.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2549

Another tweaked photo.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9620

Wrei wrote:
An announcer on "Great Homes" was talking about similar flooring in a very expensive home as "hand carved and hand laid". I could only afford the machine carved floor, but it is hand laid!

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Wrei. I installed machine scraped planks at HQ and I love the floor. More and more builders, even at the high end are going to that ever improving pre-finished product. This home is 1.4M and the flooring is pre-finished.

There's something to be said for machine-made stuff: overall consistency and error tolerances get better and better as technology improves. I had the wooden furniture for my office custom-made by a perfectionist carpenter in Guatemala and it would have been both easy and cheap to get the flooring planks done there as well, since we shipped a full 20' container of stuff.

But I hate squeaking floors, and I appreciated the interlocking tongue-and-groove setup of the machine-made stuff. So we got machine-made mahogany planks and glued them to the floor, then nailed them for a belt-and-suspenders approach. Love 'em.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2293

Happy birthday Glenn!

Jan-Arie

Happy birthday Glenn!

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 1994

Happy birthday Glenn!

Rodolfo Paiz

Doh! Forgot to check my calendar last night.

May this year bring you health, family, love, and even greater success in both business and photography! Happy Birthday, my friend!

J Mosher
Total Posts: 153

cbrandt wrote:
Very nice !!

I might have to go to Salt Lake City the middle of July w/ gf ..... any aviation opportunities there ? any thing else to do there besides take a bus up to the mountains and monumental building photos ??

Thank you!

It depends on what you want to shoot aviation wise. Plenty of things to see and shoot. Send me a PM and we can talk there.

JM

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Happy Birthday Glenn, don't "work" too hard on your day!

Rodolfo Paiz

Arrrgh... my Model S has arrived in Miami, three weeks ahead of schedule, and I'm in Guatemala until tomorrow night. Gotta wait another 48 hours before seeing the new addition to my family.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15448

Happy Birthday Glenn, hope you have something cool lined up to shoot on your day! It's going to be an outstanding sunset and the air will be incredible.

I'll be hosing down sidewalks and driveways in McKinney, completing #4 out of 7.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2096

Wonder what those sidewalks would look like with a couple of these in the front yard? (But then you don't have to worry about that grass stuff we fuss about either!)

mngpsnut
Total Posts: 77

Happy Birthday Glenn

Doug

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2730

Hi Ya'll:
Thanks for taking to time to wish me a happy one!. My Bonanza pilot decided vacationing with his woman in Hawaii was more important than an a2a on my birthday so I had to find something else cool to shoot, which isnt too hard around here!

Glenn

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2730

Spent the day chasing the girls around the skatepark. 38 years young and barely keeping up with a 5 year old.

Got a skate board for my birthday so hopefully you wont be visiting me in the hospital soon..

Glenn

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2961

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Ya'll:
Thanks for taking to time to wish me a happy one!. My Bonanza pilot decided vacationing with his woman in Hawaii was more important than an a2a on my birthday so I had to find something else cool to shoot, which isnt too hard around here!

Glenn

My goodness, do I ever see Nadya in your daughter's face, Glenn! Happy birthday, you're a lucky man.

And take care: those skateboards are way scarier than flying acro.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2961

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Arrrgh... my Model S has arrived in Miami, three weeks ahead of schedule, and I'm in Guatemala until tomorrow night. Gotta wait another 48 hours before seeing the new addition to my family.

You are in for a real treat, Rodolfo: since my S landed in the garage I've had a permagrin etched on my face.

1       2       3              3604      
       3606              4133       4134       end