Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4076

Happy birthday Glenn!

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Happy birthday Glenn!

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

Doh! Forgot to check my calendar last night.

May this year bring you health, family, love, and even greater success in both business and photography! Happy Birthday, my friend!

J Mosher
Total Posts: 176

cbrandt wrote:
Very nice !!

I might have to go to Salt Lake City the middle of July w/ gf ..... any aviation opportunities there ? any thing else to do there besides take a bus up to the mountains and monumental building photos ??

Thank you!

It depends on what you want to shoot aviation wise. Plenty of things to see and shoot. Send me a PM and we can talk there.

JM

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Happy Birthday Glenn, don't "work" too hard on your day!

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

Arrrgh... my Model S has arrived in Miami, three weeks ahead of schedule, and I'm in Guatemala until tomorrow night. Gotta wait another 48 hours before seeing the new addition to my family.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19078

Happy Birthday Glenn, hope you have something cool lined up to shoot on your day! It's going to be an outstanding sunset and the air will be incredible.

I'll be hosing down sidewalks and driveways in McKinney, completing #4 out of 7.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

Wonder what those sidewalks would look like with a couple of these in the front yard? (But then you don't have to worry about that grass stuff we fuss about either!)

mngpsnut
Total Posts: 77

Happy Birthday Glenn

Doug

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3790

Hi Ya'll:
Thanks for taking to time to wish me a happy one!. My Bonanza pilot decided vacationing with his woman in Hawaii was more important than an a2a on my birthday so I had to find something else cool to shoot, which isnt too hard around here!

Glenn

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3790

Spent the day chasing the girls around the skatepark. 38 years young and barely keeping up with a 5 year old.

Got a skate board for my birthday so hopefully you wont be visiting me in the hospital soon..

Glenn

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Ya'll:
Thanks for taking to time to wish me a happy one!. My Bonanza pilot decided vacationing with his woman in Hawaii was more important than an a2a on my birthday so I had to find something else cool to shoot, which isnt too hard around here!

Glenn

My goodness, do I ever see Nadya in your daughter's face, Glenn! Happy birthday, you're a lucky man.

And take care: those skateboards are way scarier than flying acro.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Arrrgh... my Model S has arrived in Miami, three weeks ahead of schedule, and I'm in Guatemala until tomorrow night. Gotta wait another 48 hours before seeing the new addition to my family.

You are in for a real treat, Rodolfo: since my S landed in the garage I've had a permagrin etched on my face.

JWilsonphoto

Boy Wrei, that lawn must really be tough on the mower blades!

Colin Giersberg

This is a spur of the moment shot of Comet Panstars. I couldn't even see it to focus on it, but here it is.

JWilsonphoto

That is the face of an angel Glenn!

Ahhh youth, be careful on that skateboard, it's tough to get in and out of your A36 perch if you're riddled with those titanium screwey things.

Zim, you grinned before the "S", it just widened. You still in the blue water?

JWilsonphoto

Cool Colin! Was that tonight?

Colin Giersberg

Yes it was. You may be able to see it tomorrow evening. Look west and somewhat below the moon. I am not sure how far away from the moon it will be, but that will give you some reference. For me, I looked out around 6:30, but the sky was too bright at that time. I did manage to spot it with my binoculars. From there, I set up my tripod, got my remote release and aimed about where I thought it was. A quick look through the binoculars confirmed that I was close, but it was so dim that I just guessed at the focus, and then I made minute adjustments from there. Unfortunately, the head of the comet looks more like a white line than a fuzzy snowball. I will try again tomorrow night as well, so maybe my results will be better then.

Colin Giersberg

The comet should be visible for the next several days, although it may already be dimming. It will travel from due west moving more northward each night.

1       2       3              3604      
       3606              4873       4874       end