/forum/topic/600984/3602

1       2       3              3602      
       3604              4132       4133       end

Razor17
Total Posts: 257

Glenn Watson wrote:
Lago Vista Airport...

Glenn

Well done, I pass over Lago Vista when I run down to Boerne Stage from Lancaster...

Lynn

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15441

Hi Colin,

That is how Glenn and I designed the staircase to create some interest, we kind of liked the look. The main posts are exactly the same height.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 1994

Hey Jim, then all is fine.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2092

Taken from inside the car with 40 and gettin' dark south of Tuscon, I-10.

Haulin' I-10...

JWilsonphoto

Love that shot Wrei, and the Mac in the corner just caps it off. It's clearing here with winds 25G35. Safe travels.

JWilsonphoto

Dear Colin,

Upon further thought, I see exactly what you're saying about the handrail. Glenn and I laid it out and neither of us noticed that So, I'm sticking with the story that we designed it that way. Look at it this way, you'll not run across another one done that way! I can see Glenn chuckling now.

Wrei

Thanks Jim. Your interior architecture artwork makes those architects and craftsmen look genius. That is a beautiful kitchen and den, I could enjoy that setup.

Cicopo
Total Posts: 1752

Nick thanks for the photo of the Messanger. I hadn't even heard of them until seeing the R/C version but it was so pretty I just had to get some decent in flight shots. The builder obviously is into the little details that really show the passion some have when building scale. I went back into the event set & have posted these to show his cockpit & pilot.

JW you have some beautiful interior shots there, with very even lighting.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2076

How hard can it be to write a 100 word bio about yourself

JWilsonphoto

Very hard Mark! Writing about yourself is one of the most difficult things to do.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2076

At least I've finally sent 15 photos to ISAP.

JWilsonphoto

Thank you Wrei. That layout runs around $400K, on a small lot, zero lot line for all intents and purposes. The home that I posted the dusk shot of is around 1.2M on a nice sized lot. None of those numbers will make any of our West Coast folks blink.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3360

Just tried to see if it was possible to attend Isap but that also fell trough have a family event to attend with my Mother so for this year all overseas trips are scrubbed.
So maybe only one aviation related event this year
Sometimes the plan doesn't come together....

JWilsonphoto

I think I've mentioned this before, but HDR is permeating the architectural market, not in a good way. Photographers are using HDR to compensate for lack of knowledge and or technique. There are a couple of people in Texas who employ it to the point that the images look like Thomas Kinkade renderings. I guess that there are clients who like that look but I can't imagine it going over with my clients. HDR would certainly make my life easier, employed to that degree, because you need almost no skill at all to capture the original shot.

JWilsonphoto

Too bad Jan Arie. We'll look forward to the next time the plan does come through! Give your Mom my best.

Wrei

Jim...that is spectacular. I love the floor. (If a salesman showed me a brochure with those photos for a $400k home, I would have to go look!) An announcer on "Great Homes" was talking about similar flooring in a very expensive home as "hand carved and hand laid". I could only afford the machine carved floor, but it is hand laid!

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Wrei. I installed machine scraped planks at HQ and I love the floor. More and more builders, even at the high end are going to that ever improving pre-finished product. This home is 1.4M and the flooring is pre-finished.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2549

There is no doubt this is HDR, just screwing around.

JWilsonphoto

But you know what Tim, that's beautiful. The architectural images I'm talking about look cartoonish. Your image is obviously tweaked, but the results are spectacular rather than comedic.

went
Total Posts: 1672

Tim, you forgot to clean under the wings

1       2       3              3602      
       3604              4132       4133       end