Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3601

1       2       3              3601      
       3603              4344       4345       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

I had that as a possibility on my calendar, but next week is a continuation of the last week's zoo, and it will take me through Friday and possibly the weekend to wrap it up. The good news and the bad news.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1559

It should be impressive. None of them will be pushing overly hard since it's all just pre season testing, and their regular season starts in 4 weeks so they won't want to get hurt...but even at 90% they're still the fastest people on 2 wheels by a healthy margin.

Booked my lens rental for the trip to MotoGP today. Went with the 500mm F/4, I was thinking of going with the 600, but that's significantly larger, I think the 500 should do it ok anyway. And I've got the whole collection of Nikon Teleconverters.

JWilsonphoto

The iMac saga continues...........I unwrapped my repaired iMac this morning at HQ and it was immediately obvious that the new LCD plate had streaks on it. Kind of like a computer screen that hasn't been cleaned thoroughly. I called my team at Apple and 20 minutes later they had it apart, diagnosing a defective screen, and some contamination caused by doing the repairs in a non clean room environment. My guys asked for a few days to research the problem, but I got the feeling they are going to use the time to configure a new 27" for me. These folks are incredible, and they have a client for life.

JWilsonphoto

I haven't had time to go down there and meet any of the COTA players. Do you suppose we'll have any problem lugging big glass through the gates in April?

JWilsonphoto

Wonder if we can extricate GW from his A36 long enough to join us?

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Hello from a very windy Brownsville Texas. Air Fiesta 2013

Go4Long

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I haven't had time to go down there and meet any of the COTA players. Do you suppose we'll have any problem lugging big glass through the gates in April?

I sent them an e-mail a while back and never got a response, I sent them a "tweet" and just got back that there was no additional restrictions being brought in by MotoGP. Given Glenn's experience with the Formula 1 race, a figure a 500 shouldn't be a problem, if it is? oh well I guess.

JWilsonphoto

Roger that. I'm going to do my level best to come and have fun with you guys in April.

JWilsonphoto

Nice work Brian! Was that today? If so, you had better conditions than the 400OVC/1M that engulfed KTKI most of the day.

JWilsonphoto

Those conditions, however, were perfect for focusing on completing my staircase. Should have been done six months ago, but I don't have Glenn around to shame me into finishing projects. Next step, caulk/prime and a couple of coats of Ben Moore's best stuff.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2649

Chainshot wrote:
Twelve hours of Sebring, next weekend. I can't remember the shooter here that went to Petit Le Mans ? I've been to almost every PLM, never Sebring. It is soooo tempting.

That would be me. Never been to Sebring. Love to go for the race, but it is not a pretty track to shoot, other than the sunset shots.

Chainshot
Total Posts: 215

Tim Adams wrote:
That would be me. Never been to Sebring. Love to go for the race, but it is not a pretty track to shoot, other than the sunset shots.

I can see what you're saying. It is totally flat with no natural scenery. I missed PLM, last year. I need a fix lol

Go4Long

Austin Texas for MotoGP April 21st...lol.

bobl
Total Posts: 2751

Another GREAT one, Nick!!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3071

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Wonder if we can extricate GW from his A36 long enough to join us?

Count me in for anything that happens in or near Austin permanently...i'm planning on the MotoGP. I dont really follow it anymore so not sure i'll go more than 1 day but its just silly to have this track in my backyard and not go to some of these big events even if its just to see the euro-trash with their collar flipped up wearing a scarf and sipping a chardonnay standing next to a chubby redneck decked out in full Dale Earnhardt regalia pounding $10 coors lights with his race vision headset on..

There were no restrictions being imposed on camera equipment at F1. Saw plenty of 500/600mm in general admission.

Is anybody besides Steve coming in for that? I may try to wander down this thursday and see if its possible to get in and shoot. the links make it look like a private deal though?

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

I'm in for April Glenn, and looking forward to it!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3071

Maybe we can do a Georgetown airport field trip that weekend - there wont be any control tower to tell us where we cant go!

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

I'm up for that!

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2105

Jim, not trying to nitpick, and no pun intended, but the stair railings look like they are running downhill. That is to say, the lower end of each hand rail is lower in relation to the top end of the adjoining rail. They should form a nice straight line from end to end. As is, I believe the ballusters get shorter as you go down the stairs from the way they look.

Go4Long

Glenn Watson wrote:
Is anybody besides Steve coming in for that? I may try to wander down this thursday and see if its possible to get in and shoot. the links make it look like a private deal though?

Lady Jo and her Husband are coming as well. Like I said, I'm really not sure what access will be like for this Tuesday - Thursday. might be really tight, they might just show up and not care.

1       2       3              3601      
       3603              4344       4345       end