Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3596

1       2       3              3596      
       3598              4134       4135       end

yipDog
Total Posts: 115

If anyone needs to borrow some kids to take to this let me know...got plenty to share! Cause this looks like a pretty cool movie..ya know...for the kids...right? Ha ha!
http://m.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1750050585

KJindaUK
Total Posts: 608

Happy Birthday Rodolfo!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15452

Happy Birthday Rodolfo!!

JWilsonphoto

I'm going to be a little scarce for a bit. I have seven residential architecture assignments, a high school, an annual report shoot and a GV to shoot in the next 14 days. Isn't it nice of the government to provide all that for me?

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1733

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Major props to my Arizona brethren who wrangled this project. I'm simply a (proud) contributing shooter.

http://www.azaerophoto.com/publications.html

All Proceeds going to naval charities.

Let me add my endorsement and voice to Jay's. As a humble and proud contributor, I want to encourage all of my MA2A brothers and sisters to seriously consider purchasing one of these books and helping to support the Navy charities at NAF El Centro. If you love aviation photography, you love NAF El Centro. Here is a promotional description;

"Take a visual tour of Naval Air Facility El Centro, the "Pearl of the Desert," as captured through the lenses of the Arizona Aviation Photographers club. See the sailors and contractors at work, making this busy base run and keeping its visiting aircraft flying. Get up close and personal with virtually every aircraft type currently flown by the US Navy and Marine Corps, including F/A-18 Hornets and Super Hornets, T-45 Goshawks, EA-6B Prowlers, EA-18G Growlers, C-2 Greyhounds, E-2 Hawkeyes, AH-1 Cobras, UH-1 Hueys, CH-53 Super Stallions, and V-22 Ospreys. Get an inside look at the allied aviation units that also use NAF El Centro for critical pre-deployment training, including the British Joint Helicopter Command and the Royal Canadian Air Force's CF-18 Hornet community."

If you enjoy the images of Jay Beckman and Rob Turchick here on MA2A, you'll truly love the images they've generously donated to this project. Don't let the fact that I have a few images in the book curb your enthusiasm. To be clear, absolutely 100% of all proceeds from this book go directly to benefit the sailors of NAF El Centro. Is this an unabashed promotion charitable cause? YOU BET

For more information on the book, the formats it is available in, and where to buy it, please visit our AzAP publications page at http://www.azaerophoto.com/publications.html. Take a look, I think you'll like what you see.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2293

Have a great day Rodolfo!

And congratulations to all involved in the El Centro book, that is a lovely thing to have accomplished.

Jeff W.

Happy Birthday Rodolfo - All the best

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Just grabbed the e-book, pure awesome

Happy Birthday Rodolfo, party time!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Any of our Texas members going to Air Fiesta this weekend?

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

Good for you Rodolfo, enjoy your Day. Too bad they seem to be arriving at a faster rate then when we were kids.

Tom

JWilsonphoto

Yes, congratulations to our AZ contingent! Nicely done, as usual!!

JWilsonphoto

The light brought me a welcomed, but unexpected break, so I bolted for one of my favorite cafes with a nice patio. If I was my Buddy Jim Koepnick, I'd attach a shot of the great California Turkey sandwich sitting in front of me. Beautiful day here in The Lone Star!

Today's project is a new residence, roughly 6,700 sq. ft. and facing the opposite direction from what I was told, and planned for. Oh well. I guess the rest of the world doesn't pay much attention to the cardinal headings, or where the light is going to be at a given time, it's second nature to us.

This home, ideally, would have it's "hero" shot captured at dawn. My back to back assignment schedule isn't going to allow for that. I would have been here an hour before dawn had I known what direction it really faced, oh well.

Zim's 17 TS recommendation allowed for two outstanding compositions this morning, that would have been impossible without that tool. Sure wish Nikon would get one of those on the shelf, along with that D4X.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2097

Sure wish Nikon would get one of those on the shelf, along with that D4X.

Hahahah! You sound like a "Shooter" I know who says that about Canon!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4218

I agree Jim, ya gotta love that "Tilt/Shift" for real estate!

Subdivisions...

Leftcoast_Mike
Total Posts: 36

My hardcover copy is on the way!

Great work AzAP!!

gerov
Total Posts: 8639

Jay, Jeff and other contributors,

I tip my hat to a job done well on so many levels. I downloaded the e-book and am thoroughly enjoying it, and I look forward to sharing it with my children.

Thank you for your generous efforts of time and your donation of the proceeds.

Gero

Jeff W.

Thanks so much to everyone for your quick support of the book project. In just a few hours this morning, we were able to generate over $200 for the NAFEC sailors charity. I think that is a terrific start with much more to come. MA2A's generosity is certainly not surprising, but sincerely and always appreciated

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 1994

Happy Birthday, Rodolfo.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9620

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It has indeed been a great day: a reminder of just how blessed I am, and in how many ways.

Today got off to a quick start. Last night, Rolf had a tummyache and couldn't get to sleep. By midnight, when today started, he had strong abdominal pain and cramping, "from my bellybutton to the right" in his words. By 0200h, with thoughts of appendicitis . By 0230h, we were headed to the ER.

By 0800h, we were back home with a healthy, happy kid. No pain. They never found a thing wrong with him... after about 0400, it started subsiding and gradually just went away. It might come back, but I'm guessing it probably won't. I think the whole episode was a reminder, especially for my 41st birthday, that the health of our bodies and souls, and the love of our Lord and our families, are the two most important things in life. Everything else matters not.

No party today, no celebration, no gifts, just the kids' homework and some errands (and a four-hour nap after returning from the hospital). Abso-blooming-lutely a fantastic day.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6712

Rodolfo - Happy Birthday. I always enjoy your photos and comments on MA2A.. My 80th. , is March 20th. I plan on being in the Phoenix aera with my Zonies.
Cheers
Harry Palmer

1       2       3              3596      
       3598              4134       4135       end