Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3592

1       2       3              3592      
       3594              4355       4356       end

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2653

You know, I always thought all the Lancair needed was a little more engine.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=4647740231296

david russell
Total Posts: 749

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Headed back to my well worn thesaurus to find something to describe Jay's work............

I don't that that you've used Splendiferous yet?

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1909

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Nice catch Jeff. Wish I hadn't had to be hip-deep at the Social Security Administration today...

Thanks Jay. Generally, not much fun to be found hanging out with the IRS boys-n-girls - ouch

Wished you could have joined us.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4552

Tim Adams wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
This can only mean interesting developments for still shooters as well.............

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/canon-announces-the-development-of-new-high-sensitivity-sensor/

Video only. I think it is going to be a long time before Canon can duplicate what Nikon/Sony have done in the digital SLR sensor area.

I wish you hadn't said this Tim. All this time I thought I was improving.

Now you're telling me I'm working at a disadvantage?

Go Figure...

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16230

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
This can only mean interesting developments for still shooters as well.............

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/canon-announces-the-development-of-new-high-sensitivity-sensor/

Video only. I think it is going to be a long time before Canon can duplicate what Nikon/Sony have done in the digital SLR sensor area.

I wish you hadn't said this Tim. All this time I thought I was improving.

Now you're telling me I'm working at a disadvantage?

Go Figure...

Not necessarily true. I love the D800's, but Zim and I have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Canon 1DX is superior to the 800 in the area of sensor noise at iso 400/800. Canon's breakthrough in video sensor technology will most certainly eventually filter down to still sensor production. Whether Canon can get their ducks in a row to actually build, test and deliver new generation cameras with that sensor technology, is anyone's guess. They seem to have abdicated the leaders throne over the past few years, while devoting themselves to more esoteric pursuits like the world's largest sensor, and this video thingy.

It's a sad commentary on the state of our world, but it's no secret what industry is driving the great strides in video technology. Once again, follow the money.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1564

So, legitimate question... I held off on booking flights for Alliance in case of a "worst case scenario" with this sequester, which seems to have come true...who thinks that they will actually manage to come to some sort of a solution in time for the teams to be flying by the end of the summer? My pipe dream of seeing the F-22 fly twice seems to have taken a death blow before it even got started

JWilsonphoto

There are no guarantees in life, but I'll tell you that allegiances run very deep with my folks at Alliance. I'm guessing that they will have what they say they will have. Pilots still have to fly, some level of currency has to be maintained. I'll keep Y'all posted, but I'm betting on a great show.

Go4Long

F-35's gotta flight test

JWilsonphoto

If they can keep them running long enough to flight test them...........

Go4Long

oh right...don't know if this was posted or not yet, the crack that grounded the fleet was deemed an "isolated incident" and all F-35's have been cleared to resume flight:

http://www.f-16.net/news_article4705.html

Wrei
Total Posts: 2244

JWilsonphoto wrote:
If they can keep them running long enough to flight test them...........

Don't ya know Lockheed misses Kelly Johnson...

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Go4Long wrote:
So, legitimate question...who thinks that they will actually manage to come to some sort of a solution in time for the teams to be flying by the end of the summer?

Things like these have an interesting way of quickly resolving themselves........ during an election year.

Leftcoast_Mike
Total Posts: 36

hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm so on the fence with the F-35. I'm not sure why Canada opted for a single engine bird. I know this whole idea of standardizing was pretty popular but I dunno.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1909

Killer stuff Mike. You've got a thing going with those T-6's

OK, you'll recall my collage of the F-16 that I wanted to present to the CO at Luke. Well it turns out there was one little problem with my plan. The pilot is wearing an arm patch that says "Dave". I'm told that pilots and aircraft don't always match up and pilot "Dave" apparently had to borrow the CO's Viper because his was going through maintenance. Oh well, live and learn. Here is the final image.

Leftcoast_Mike
Total Posts: 36

Jeff W. wrote:
Killer stuff Mike. You've got a thing going with those T-6's

OK, you'll recall my collage of the F-16 that I wanted to present to the CO at Luke. Well it turns out there was one little problem with my plan. The pilot is wearing an arm patch that says "Dave". I'm told that pilots and aircraft don't always match up and pilot "Dave" apparently had to borrow the CO's Viper because his was going through maintenance. Oh well, live and learn. Here is the final image.

thanks Jeff! The T-6 is the dance partner we get the most of it seems (nobody's complaining) but I'm told we might have an A-1 at some point soon *fingers crossed*. I had a Mustang on my wing once but that was quite some time ago and not much from that day turned out.

Sorry to hear bout this Dave guy. Still a worthwhile exercise I think, you did some terrific work with you composite through all the stages!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4552

Is this a little better for "all eyes on target" ?

dunderwood
Total Posts: 122

It's not a Mustang, but it is Merlin-powered. Pic of the Falcon 9 that launched last Friday.

yipDog
Total Posts: 133

Tim Adams wrote:
You know, I always thought all the Lancair needed was a little more engine.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=4647740231296

Awesome!
Taking the philosophy used for choosing engines for my RC planes...double what's needed! Wonder if he's approaching the 2-1 power to weight ratio? HaHa!

Seriously they need to figure out a way to leave large chunks of the cowl clear to display that engine. It's beautiful!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2424

I just got around to looking at that video.... that's one of our SARL racers!

I hope he brings that beast to a race soon.... I bet we get to hear that coming!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3099

Really nice Jay! And you closed up that disc as well..i'm envious!

1       2       3              3592      
       3594              4355       4356       end