Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3591

1       2       3              3591      
3592
       3593              4836       4837       end

MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2602
Country: United Kingdom

@ Jay Beckman

How far do you push the clarity slider during editing?



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18832
Country: United States

Mark, last year, when Scott Kelby gave a presentation, he mentioned the clarity slider several times and suggested that you can push it all the way to the right without detriment. I'm not sure that I agree completely with that approach, but it seems that you can go 65to 70% without the contrast going over the edge. Once again, it depends upon the subject. Jay's answer should be interesting, as he has this post processing thing nailed.



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2602
Country: United Kingdom

Jeff,

that second Antonov shot is really nice.

Mark



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2392
Country: United States

MMcGrath wrote:
Jeff,

that second Antonov shot is really nice.

Mark


Thanks for the kind comments Mark. It was a fun way to spend my lunch today



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2602
Country: United Kingdom

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Mark, last year, when Scott Kelby gave a presentation, he mentioned the clarity slider several times and suggested that you can push it all the way to the right without detriment. I'm not sure that I agree completely with that approach, but it seems that you can go 65to 70% without the contrast going over the edge. Once again, it depends upon the subject. Jay's answer should be interesting, as he has this post processing thing nailed.


My main concern with pushing the clarity slider is that you start to introduce haloing around the edges, especially when dealing with an aircraft against a blue sky.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Nice catch Jeff. Wish I hadn't had to be hip-deep at the Social Security Administration today...

Epic But Short Moment...
"Thoughts Of Midnight" lifts off flanked by "February" and "Double Trouble Two" but ToM was back on the ground after one circuit with an issue of some kind.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18832
Country: United States

This can only mean interesting developments for still shooters as well.............

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/canon-announces-the-development-of-new-high-sensitivity-sensor/



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Me And My Shadow...
P-47 Thunderbolt at the 2013 Heritage Flight Conference



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Who Wants A Belly Rub?



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Pas de Deux



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18832
Country: United States

Headed back to my well worn thesaurus to find something to describe Jay's work............



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18832
Country: United States

I am deeply in debt to Al for his diligent kindness. A Violet Crumble arrived in my mailbox today, all the way from Down Under! Thank you Al, please thank your daughter for her part as well! Funny, Sheila grabbed the mail as we headed off for a quick lunch together. She was excited about a number of nice sized assignment checks that were in the stack. I saw the envelope from you and brushed aside the checks.

Thank you again! I owe Ya big!

JW



Razor17
Registered: Oct 08, 2012
Total Posts: 465
Country: United States

Chris Luvara wrote:
Razor17 wrote:
FlyingPhotog wrote:
Today definitely did not suck...
(A huge Thank You to Scott Slocum for allowing me to tag along)

Jay is that Matt Jackson??



Jason Somes.



Thanks Chris



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2832
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
This can only mean interesting developments for still shooters as well.............

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/canon-announces-the-development-of-new-high-sensitivity-sensor/


Video only. I think it is going to be a long time before Canon can duplicate what Nikon/Sony have done in the digital SLR sensor area.



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2832
Country: United States

You know, I always thought all the Lancair needed was a little more engine.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=4647740231296



david russell
Registered: Jan 06, 2008
Total Posts: 754
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Headed back to my well worn thesaurus to find something to describe Jay's work............


I don't that that you've used Splendiferous yet?



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2392
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Nice catch Jeff. Wish I hadn't had to be hip-deep at the Social Security Administration today...


Thanks Jay. Generally, not much fun to be found hanging out with the IRS boys-n-girls - ouch

Wished you could have joined us.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Tim Adams wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
This can only mean interesting developments for still shooters as well.............

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/canon-announces-the-development-of-new-high-sensitivity-sensor/


Video only. I think it is going to be a long time before Canon can duplicate what Nikon/Sony have done in the digital SLR sensor area.


I wish you hadn't said this Tim. All this time I thought I was improving.

Now you're telling me I'm working at a disadvantage?

Go Figure...



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18832
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
This can only mean interesting developments for still shooters as well.............

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/canon-announces-the-development-of-new-high-sensitivity-sensor/


Video only. I think it is going to be a long time before Canon can duplicate what Nikon/Sony have done in the digital SLR sensor area.


I wish you hadn't said this Tim. All this time I thought I was improving.

Now you're telling me I'm working at a disadvantage?

Go Figure...


Not necessarily true. I love the D800's, but Zim and I have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Canon 1DX is superior to the 800 in the area of sensor noise at iso 400/800. Canon's breakthrough in video sensor technology will most certainly eventually filter down to still sensor production. Whether Canon can get their ducks in a row to actually build, test and deliver new generation cameras with that sensor technology, is anyone's guess. They seem to have abdicated the leaders throne over the past few years, while devoting themselves to more esoteric pursuits like the world's largest sensor, and this video thingy.

It's a sad commentary on the state of our world, but it's no secret what industry is driving the great strides in video technology. Once again, follow the money.



Go4Long
Registered: Sep 04, 2005
Total Posts: 1958
Country: Canada

So, legitimate question... I held off on booking flights for Alliance in case of a "worst case scenario" with this sequester, which seems to have come true...who thinks that they will actually manage to come to some sort of a solution in time for the teams to be flying by the end of the summer? My pipe dream of seeing the F-22 fly twice seems to have taken a death blow before it even got started



1       2       3              3591      
3592
       3593              4836       4837       end