Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3588

1       2       3              3588      
       3590              4138       4139       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15467

What I can't figure out, Rodolfo would have to decipher it for me, is why 2% across the board means the end of the world as we know it. I heard an economist say today that the entire amount could be vaporized if the government shut down for 1.5 days. Now I'm sure that isn't as simple as it sounds, but it's been shut down for longer than that without any severe result, hasn't it?

The problem is, we're looking at this logically. That ability apparently vanishes when one crosses the Beltway.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Last night's assignment was a lemonade from lemons challenge. Perfect shooting date would have been about May, but "mine is not to question why....." The D800 and Adobe worked their magic and the client is happy........

Very nice mood with this shot

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Wrei wrote:
Well, the Rinos began the spending splurge under Bush; we kicked them out only to have the donkeys continue spending at WARP drive. Now that Obama's sequester cuts $44 billion until Oct (mostly from the military), and the Rinos went along with it, the military and our national defense, which Obama despises, will suffer while we continue to grant money to universities to investigate if pigs can fly. Go figure

Trying to think happy thoughts here, but does these studies happen to include the ones flying to Hawaii? Will leave my rant at that, as I am on vacation and should not be throwing my laptop

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Brian. It's a tad greener than I would like, but when I analyzed the image in color correction, that's where I ended up. Kind of a lesser of the evils thing.

We were very pleased with the Bush library images, because it's still several months from opening. I'll be back there for a full shoot inside and out once the final touches are complete, and the grass is green.

JWilsonphoto

The good news is that the client liked it enough, and recognized the miracle, and commissioned me to shoot eight communities with four and five models in each community. Good old fashioned capitalism and hard work, seems to be a winning combination.

JWilsonphoto

Chainshot wrote:
The movie version 'Memphis Belle' is in Atl. this w/e. We are having crappy weather. Doubt they will fly, until Sunday. Price has gone up to $450 for 30 min. Can't blame it on them. I'm sure it is fuel, etc...

The speed at which money becomes noise in all of these aircraft is just stunning. When I did the AOPA article on FiFi, they were telling me the flight time would run about 10 grand. Everyone thinks they'd like to put together a B25 air to air shoot, until they find out the tab. If you haven't been around it, it's sobering for sure. Come to think of it, if you have been around it, it's sobering.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4220

Today definitely did not suck...
(A huge Thank You to Scott Slocum for allowing me to tag along)

Leftcoast_Mike
Total Posts: 36

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Chainshot wrote:
The movie version 'Memphis Belle' is in Atl. this w/e. We are having crappy weather. Doubt they will fly, until Sunday. Price has gone up to $450 for 30 min. Can't blame it on them. I'm sure it is fuel, etc...

The speed at which money becomes noise in all of these aircraft is just stunning. When I did the AOPA article on FiFi, they were telling me the flight time would run about 10 grand. Everyone thinks they'd like to put together a B25 air to air shoot, until they find out the tab. If you haven't been around it, it's sobering for sure. Come to think of it, if you have been around it, it's sobering.

I just recently put together a ride program for our Museum whereby we can offer membership upgrades and offer a ride in the aircraft they sponsor as the 'perk'. The trickery (albeit legal) is keeping it from becoming commercial. If you can do that you'll save a TON of money. I don't know how the CAF (for example) do it with the B-17 etc but if our 'commercial insurance' rates are anything like they might be paying I can certainly see why they have to charge what they do.

Cost to fuel the aircraft (and oil) is sometimes covered by the event hosts/organizers...but not always. The money needed for the engine overhaul fund is substantial. Take the Lancaster based in Hamilton, Ontario....HALF a MILLION to overhaul the 4 Merlin's (not including the spare they keep).

When I do a2a with my friend Bill in his Harvard/T-6 it's almost always part of some kind of formation training which is why the subjects are always in so tight with most of my work. I foot half the gas and oil bill on every flight where we aren't being compensated for being part of things. It's certainly not cheap lol.

FlyingPhotog

AFAIK, the CAF rules prohibit Point A to Point B flights...

Point A to Point A is considered local "sight seeing" and as such, is not considered to be "holding out" as a transportation service.

Leftcoast_Mike

FlyingPhotog wrote:
AFAIK, the CAF rules prohibit Point A to Point B flights...

Point A to Point A is considered local "sight seeing" and as such, is not considered to be "holding out" as a transportation service.

I can vouch for this. That was the only time anyone's labeled me 'media' and the only other time I signed my name so many times was on my mortgage.

Offering 'rides' can still be deemed 'commercial' (at least here) but not going point A to B certainly helps make your case. We break the membership upgrade cost into two parts and work within the rev canada rules to keep it safe for the Museum.

btw - looks like you had a spectacular day, Jay! Lovely shot of a gorgeous Pony!

JWilsonphoto

Preparation meeting opportunity Jay Boy! Congrats! Give my best to Scott.

FlyingPhotog

Your name came up several times in conversation Jim. Thank You...

Love On The Rocks

Leftcoast_Mike

I'll be going to sleep with a smile on my face tonight. That shot is stunning. Love the landscape as well

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3367

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Today definitely did not suck...
(A huge Thank You to Scott Slocum for allowing me to tag along)

As I don't often copy the photo in the quoted message this time i will man what a great photo that is amazing light etc.
Very cool of Scott to let you tag along
The glossy look is something i like and that is missing in my photo's sometimes.

yipDog
Total Posts: 120

Jay, your luck is equalled by your skill! Jealous!!

FlyingPhotog

Pony UP!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3367

Well it's good morning to me have a great weekend y'all

FlyingPhotog

C YA!
Catch everyone later... Have a great weekend!

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6720

In the 1950s , the Air Force charged an iner-service rate of $ 1000.00 per hour to ride/carry cargo in the C-124 Globemasters. I quess it was just another grab of taxpayers money. Think what it must have been when the C5 started flying. Lockheed Edsel- gas guzzler for sure.
Harry Palmer

futurshox
Total Posts: 2293

Well, that was a fine set of shots to wake up to :-)

1       2       3              3588      
       3590              4138       4139       end