Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3585

1       2       3              3585      
       3587              4133       4134       end

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2730

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:

That's the best shot of the whole set of this aircraft, Glenn. Beautiful.

I would suggest putting in a half-hour into carefully masking out the aircraft and then brightening it up a little to create better separation from the background and make it better-lit... but not too much, just a subtle difference like maybe a half-stop brighter. My personal bias.

Good idea Rodolfo - thanks dude!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1728

My attempt at a composite image as inspired by Messrs. Luedey. While not up to Mike's high standards - it is a start. C&C would be much appreciated. BTW, this Viper driver is the squadron commander. I would not what this young lady unhappy with me

Jeff W.

Glenn Watson wrote:
Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
That's the best shot of the whole set of this aircraft, Glenn. Beautiful.

I would suggest putting in a half-hour into carefully masking out the aircraft and then brightening it up a little to create better separation from the background and make it better-lit... but not too much, just a subtle difference like maybe a half-stop brighter. My personal bias.

Good idea Rodolfo - thanks dude!

As far as I'm concerned; it is perfect Glenn. The subtle changes made all the difference

Leftcoast_Mike
Total Posts: 36

First off - Glenn, I love the edit!!

Jeff W. wrote:
My attempt at a composite image as inspired by Messrs. Luedey. While not up to Mike's high standards - it is a start. C&C would be much appreciated. BTW, this Viper driver is the squadron commander. I would not what this young lady unhappy with me

oh wow Jeff! Where to start?? I absolutely LOVE the head-on shot and the processing. Your usual sharp lines at work there for sure. The other thing I really like is the personality in the pilot profile (the hand gesture).
The only tiny thing I 'might' do is remove the hillside from the left side off the nose in the profile shot. It would give it a nice floating look. Having said that, you could also leave it. I think the Squadron Commander would LOVE this on her wall.

I just finished one for a former A-10 West Demo driver but I'm thinking of sending this one out to CFB Bagotville in a frame. "Paco" was a complete joy to meet last summer.

Jeff W.

Leftcoast_Mike wrote:
First off - Glenn, I love the edit!!

Jeff W. wrote:

oh wow Jeff! Where to start?? I absolutely LOVE the head-on shot and the processing. Your usual sharp lines at work there for sure. The other thing I really like is the personality in the pilot profile (the hand gesture).
The only tiny thing I 'might' do is remove the hillside from the left side off the nose in the profile shot. It would give it a nice floating look. Having said that, you could also leave it. I think the Squadron Commander would LOVE this on her wall.

I just finished one for a former A-10 West Demo driver but I'm thinking of sending this one out to CFB Bagotville in a frame. "Paco" was a complete joy to meet last summer.

You set the bar very high my brother. Thanks for the kind comments. I was torn on the hillside issue and will go back, try your alternative, and see what rings my bell. Thanks for sharing the talent Mike - it is much appreciated.

Leftcoast_Mike

Jeff W. wrote:

You set the bar very high my brother. Thanks for the kind comments. I was torn on the hillside issue and will go back, try your alternative, and see what rings my bell. Thanks for sharing the talent Mike - it is much appreciated.

you're too kind, Jeff...thank you. Means a lot! I'm still trying to live up to your B&W standards!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2293

Those composites are very cool.

And Glenn, your rework of that image is excellent, it really pops now.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15448

Razor17 wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Guys, hug your wives an extra time or two today and tell them what they mean to you. I went to shore a good friend up this morning as he buried the love of his life. She's in Christ's arms, but he's going to be hurting until they are together again. It was especially poignant, because their relationship was like the one Sheila and I have, they were inseparable. Rosemary was 78 and they had a wonderful life together, still the loss is palpable.

Kinda like the last line in Jimmy Doolittle's book, I could never be so lucky again...

Lynn

As my Buddy Glenn would say......."egggzactly!"

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15448

On the legal front. I had JR look over the aerial photography law in New Hampshire. His opinion is that it strictly applies to unmanned drone photography. We're going to look at it together over the weekend.

yipDog
Total Posts: 115

Fifi landed at Mesa Gateway yesterday.

A little Nik, Photoshop and After Effects fun...

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9620

Glad to be of service, Glenn! It's not often I get to add any value around here, and I'm glad you liked the thought. Love the final image... "best of" portfolio material if I ever saw any.

Jeff W.

I had some unexpected free time this afternoon before I travel to an architectural shoot. I decided to play with my composite image and create a couple of versions. I also tried to incorporate some improved post processing techniques. Please take a look and share your C&C. Don't sugar-coat things, tell me where improvement is needed.

I intend to add a squadron logo and title (aka Messrs. Luedey) in the area below the wing. I have an interest in presenting an nice print of this image to Lt. Col. Wolfgeher and want it to be as good as I can get it.

Thanks - Jeff

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4216

CAF Airpower History Tour is in town (hence FiFi) and while I was having a nice chat with Scott Slocum (he's pitching My Bombshells goodies under one of FiFi's wings), a couple of transient C2 Greyhounds taxied in for gas.

1 of the 2

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3360

Cool stuff to bad we never have something like that over here...

Leftcoast_Mike

Jeff W. wrote:
I had some unexpected free time this afternoon before I travel to an architectural shoot. I decided to play with my composite image and create a couple of versions. I also tried to incorporate some improved post processing techniques. Please take a look and share your C&C. Don't sugar-coat things, tell me where improvement is needed.

I intend to add a squadron logo and title (aka Messrs. Luedey) in the area below the wing. I have an interest in presenting an nice print of this image to Lt. Col. Wolfgeher and want it to be as good as I can get it.

Thanks - Jeff

I really like the 2nd one Jeff. I think the profile works quite well in B&W with the lower image in color. I have one idea but I'm having difficulty trying to figure out a way to explain it haha

Leftcoast_Mike

FlyingPhotog wrote:
CAF Airpower History Tour is in town (hence FiFi) and while I was having a nice chat with Scott Slocum (he's pitching My Bombshells goodies under one of FiFi's wings), a couple of transient C2 Greyhounds taxied in for gas.

1 of the 2

you AZ guys have all the fun

nice catch, Jay!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

yipDog wrote:
A little Nik, Photoshop and After Effects fun...

Love that look

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Nice suggest Rodolfo, and beautiful execution of it Glenn, it stands out great!

ELinder
Total Posts: 372

Brian, your callsign finally clicked: Nasaspaceflight.com and MaxQ. Love those videos!!

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3360

Red Bull Lightning

1       2       3              3585      
       3587              4133       4134       end