Tried to create a early 50's spy photo in B&W

Su22 Fitters

Finish Airforce F/A18 Hornet

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Mirage 2000N

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Erich: Love the wide shot of Jim over the numbers!!!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

FYI, in case anyone is thinking about upgrading their CD/DVD burning software after upgrading to Mavericks, there's a little hiccup it took me an hour to work around. I upgraded to Toast 11Titanium and it wouldn't let me install it due to an unknown developer block. Further research showed me that you can override that block by holding down the control key and double clicking the app in the applications finder window. The install went smoothly, as did the burning of the first set of DVD's containing TIFF and .MOV files.

Mac's burning utility works fine, unless you have a folder over 4.29GB, which is everyone I burn.

A side note, Mavericks has shown no propensity for problems as of yet, very pleased.

JWilsonphoto

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Erich: Love the wide shot of Jim over the numbers!!!

Man, had I known that I was being immortalized by Erich, a would have lined up with the centerline!

JWilsonphoto

This iMac is the bargain of the century, 2600 bucks with all the discounts, loaded to the gills, and it's so fast I can't believe it. This afternoon I rendered a video of Rick in the T38 in about 1/4 the time my Mac Pro would do it. $2600 just saved me the 10 grand I would have spent on a new Mac Pro in a few months, at least that's the logic I'm going to go with as far as Sheila is concerned!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Jim, I did have to upgrade my Wacom driver for use with Mavaricks.

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Wrei, haven't hooked my tablet up yet. Actually, I don't know that I will.

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

JWilsonphoto wrote:
600GPH+............................

Or just under 4500#'s an hour, still a lot on money...

JWilsonphoto

While we're on the subject .......................

JWilsonphoto

One of the nicest multi-billionaires a guy could hope to call a friend..................and a loyal client for over three decades. Portraiture is one of the most challenging avenues a photographer can work in, but given time and experience, one of the most rewarding.

JWilsonphoto

RandyB burning JetA...................

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

JWilsonphoto wrote:
This iMac is the bargain of the century, 2600 bucks with all the discounts, loaded to the gills, and it's so fast I can't believe it. This afternoon I rendered a video of Rick in the T38 in about 1/4 the time my Mac Pro would do it. $2600 just saved me the 10 grand I would have spent on a new Mac Pro in a few months, at least that's the logic I'm going to go with as far as Sheila is concerned!

@Jim & SteveZ (wherever you are) - What is your preferred method for calibrating your new iMac displays? I was nearly committed to the new Mac Pro and I'm starting to rethink the entire issue; thank you for giving me pause. If you are happy with the color rendition of your iMac's and they are fast enough for your needs, I'm not certain what I'd get for the significant investment in a Mac Pro besides noticeably thinner wallet

JWilsonphoto

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of the nicest multi-billionaires a guy could hope to call a friend..................and a loyal client for over three decades. Portraiture is one of the most challenging avenues a photographer can work in, but given time and experience, one of the most rewarding.

Your comment caused me to review my humble photography library and find that I have as many books about portraiture than any other subject. Just got my copy of Gregory Heisler's book '50 Portraits' (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0823085651/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I think it ranks right up there with the Yousuf Karsh books it sits next to. As unique and powerful an art form as any. Skilled practitioners of this discipline are true masters of photography in my book - well done Jim

JWilsonphoto

Hi Jeff,

I went through the whole calibration routine and, at the end liked Adobe 1998, or "This Display" the best. Zim might have a different take because he prints his own work, but the iMacs seem beautiful to me.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Some Nik filtering.

JWilsonphoto

1       2       3              3585      
       3587              4532       4533       end