Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3584

1       2       3              3584      
       3586              4534       4535       end

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

Hey, the Cub knows where it's going.... ;-)

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Beastly...

FlyingPhotog

Beastly, Too...

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19276

futurshox wrote:
Hey, the Cub knows where it's going.... ;-)

If those short naps were good enough for Sir Winston, they're good enough for me!

JWilsonphoto

Man, the Russian design teams have the market on ugly cornered, don't they?

JWilsonphoto

The city took over the airport 10/31 and booted Cutter out. Much as I am not a fan of any government run enterprise, except the military, our fuel prices improved by about a buck and a half overnight. 100LL at KTKI is $5.12 for folks based on the field. Sherman is still between $4.25 and $4.50, but if you aren't going near Sherman, at least this gets you to do the math.

FlyingPhotog

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Man, the Russian design teams have the market on ugly cornered, don't they?

Certainly Form Following Function...

Rain On The Roof...

FlyingPhotog

Mike G on a high-speed taxi back to the ramp after Friday's warmup...

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 111

johnahill wrote:
Just noticed this image on the IT webpage of the company i work for.
Looks like MATA style.

Anyone recognise it?

That's an image taken during a USAF Heritage Flight Photo Shoot by the USAF. Here's a few from that flight. Would have been quite a seat on the ramp of the C-130.

ELinder
Total Posts: 1071

Last ones from the final flight on HQ Thursday.

Erich

ELinder

I really want another crack at this botched shot. Would have been a great group portrait view of all 3.

Erich

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Nice of them to climb out a little flat...

Ahh The Death Star....

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Back to airplanes. Corey Wells at work, pylon 2.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

A couple of images I found while organizing files this evening…...

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 111

The P-51 Mustang. The aircraft that changed the course of a war.

My Uncle Jack, 20 year old pilot of a B-17 Flying Fortress lasted about 7 missions in late 1943 before being shot down over Germany and captured. He sat the rest of the war out in Stalag Luft 3. Another Uncle, Reed, was navigator in a TBM Avenger in the S. China Sea. He was ill one morning and could not go out on his squadron's mission. None returned, all went down in a massive squall. Two other Uncles, Joe and Don served in the Navy out in the Pacific. All four were out at the same time for a while. Miraculously, all returned home. My father and his younger brother were not old enough to fight in WWII.

During the war when all four uncles were serving across the globe, my grandfather died at their home in San Jose Ca leaving my grandmother, father and his brother to manage the household at ages 10 and 12 while the four older brothers were off to war. My dad had to get a job at the local store and work after school each day. My grandmother started a drapery business at the tiny house.

They managed, my grandmother was a tough lady. Sometimes I forget how difficult life was for many close to me - and they were the lucky ones.

War is stupid but sometimes necessary. It is not glamorous, although the sight and sound of the magnificent P-51 or a gaggle of B-17s can cloud your memory. We can only hope that when it happens again, and it will, that our leaders will have the guts to win.

Take the time, I've watched more than once:

JDE1
Total Posts: 27

.... Take the time, I've watched more than once:

Great video. The title of the program ought to be "Aluminum Planes -- Iron Men."

Jerry

JWilsonphoto

Well said Curtis. I was thinking yesterday how strange it is that a month ago it was worth risking WWIII to strike Syria, we didn't, and I haven't heard another word about it. We have amateurs holding the keys to the future of our existence. Thank God cooler heads prevailed. Like I've said before, when the cause is just we should give our heroes the tools and the freedom to win decisively, and come home. We should also, above all, have a VA that provides the very best care for them as they deal with the inevitable effects of their jobs. Our priorities are so far out of whack it's ridiculous.

My heartfelt thanks to your family, you have more than your share of heroes who rose to the call.

JWilsonphoto

I'm doing some file reorganization and integrating the new iMac into my workflow at home. One thing that I have noticed about my Drobos, and I love them to this point, is that they don't like to be moved. I have transported a couple of arrays from home to HQ and vice versa. No matter how gingerly one handles them, they always have a problem when you boot them back up. Something gets joggled and the array feels the need to protect the data and rebuild the array, which takes 70 hours with a 20TB set up. I carried one of them downstairs so I could work on it with the iMac while Sheila and I watched a movie. Never again! It's telling me that it will be rebuilt in 48 hours.

80 TB of files requires some pretty regular attention and I've gotten a little behind the power curve, just adding ands backing up without culling. I need to spend about a week of rainy days tossing out images that I'll never use.

ELinder

Well that seems very weird. What does Drobo tech support say about it? I've just about decided to get one of their products, but if they're that fragile I may have to do some more research.

Erich

ELinder

Just what we need, more Cub images.

Erich

1       2       3              3584      
       3586              4534       4535       end