Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3579

1       2       3              3579      
       3581              4376       4377       end

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3130

Hi Jeff:
Sorry for leaving your name off the list! Just watched the video, man that is awesome. I'd have to keep reminding myself to take pictures rather than just stand there in awe. I will be so depressed if this military airshow cancellation deal goes through.

Glenn
ps - those Prowlers are so freak'n loud!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3130

caught at the top...

Glenn

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3667

Great show guys very good public relations from that station...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1924

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Jeff:
Sorry for leaving your name off the list! Just watched the video, man that is awesome. I'd have to keep reminding myself to take pictures rather than just stand there in awe. I will be so depressed if this military airshow cancellation deal goes through.

Glenn
ps - those Prowlers are so freak'n loud!

No worries Glenn - there are a bunch of very good shooters that come to these El Centro photocalls and I feel darn lucky to rub shoulders with them. Jay and Rob are two of the best.

While everything is loud going down that runway, the Prowlers are surprisingly so considering they don't have afterburners. From my short experience at NAFEC, the Super Hornets launching with full AB has been the most impressive in both decibels and rattling my internal organs. Interestingly, standing next to that white line while a C-130 is bouncing is very impressive in the "pushing air" department

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3667

Oldie from the 2009 files Mig 29 Fulcrum Volkel AB

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4567

Very Nice J-A .. Wonderfully dynamic angle!

From Luke AFB 2011
(R.I.P. Luke 2013 .. We hardly knew ya)

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1620

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Leo, know that you and your family have my sympathies and prayers. If there's anything I can do while you're "in the neighborhood" so to speak, let me know.

Leo Hursh wrote:
As many of you know, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer about 1 yr ago. Early this morning she finished her race and is made whole again. It is with equal measures of sadness and joy that I am leaving for OH in the morning with our children (my wife is already there) to grieve the loss of a wonderful mother and grandmother and celebrate the life of the woman she grew to be. I covet your prayers as we travel and process this loss in our family structure.

She was know for her ready smile and servant heart...

Laura, I do wish that we could meet you on this trip. I don't know how that is possible, but if we end up staying longer than I anticipate, I'll try to contact you. As I recall, you are in the Dayton area. My wife's family is from Plain City which is just west of Columbus.

I've thought about you and prayed for you numerous times over the past number of months and can better understand a bit of what you are going through.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3495

Anybody hear about this New Hampshire bill proposing to ban aerial photography of residences? Seems like they were specifically worried about drones and other UAVs, but as written it includes any aerial platform, which means that if you want to take a picture of somebody's house you have to be standing on the ground. So what's the difference between standing on public property and taking a photo of the exterior of somebody's house and flying overhead in public airspace and taking a photo?

http://agbeat.com/business-news/aerial-photography-ban-proposed-for-all-but-government/

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3495

The first one's a stereo-X pair from yesterday's post-blizzard flight. I'm still puzzling over the second one, trying to figure out how the frost patterns were formed.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2257

Steve, I would guess the law was enacted to protect the paparazzi from taking indecent aerial photos of celebrities sunning?

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

That was a good video !! and Great Access .. Shore wish I'd of been into photography in my younger years at NAF Andrews .. NO white line access, but the taxi way was pretty dang close .. I'm hoping some of those Transit Line guys / gals of today are takin' shots that when I was in, nobody was doing. I just can't even bring myself to wanting to go to Andrews for an Air Show after having the access I had and not realizing it.

FlyingPhotog

stevez wrote:
Anybody hear about this New Hampshire bill proposing to ban aerial photography of residences? Seems like they were specifically worried about drones and other UAVs, but as written it includes any aerial platform, which means that if you want to take a picture of somebody's house you have to be standing on the ground. So what's the difference between standing on public property and taking a photo of the exterior of somebody's house and flying overhead in public airspace and taking a photo?

http://agbeat.com/business-news/aerial-photography-ban-proposed-for-all-but-government/

Typical ill-informed, knee-jerk, don't-just-stand-there-do-something legislation by lawmakers who "don't get it" that will undoubtedly end up in court and therefore suck more resources from areas where they could be put to better use.

I'm beginning to think the Constitution needs to be amended such that there are not only minimum ages stated for elected office, but maximum ages as well.

Two words would cure most "age-related" stupidity in government: Term Limits

FlyingPhotog

Synchronized Switchology

donsj3cub
Total Posts: 196

Leo,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Donald F

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Jay,
well said. Unfortunately, the incompetence of our current batch of politicians will overshadow and minimize the legacy of the very few public servants who actually did have long, distinguished career, and served with the country's best interests in mind.

Gero

FlyingPhotog

Someone at VMM-166 "Sea Elks" is very clever and on the ball...

FlyingPhotog

No Patients = No Patience

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2113

Jay, Absolutely incredible is the only thing I think I have never said before. Now I have said it.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2113

Glenn, super nice images.

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 274

Leo,

Very sorry for your loss and keeping you in our prayers. Please travel safe, the 10 inches of snow that just hit Iowa is certainly headed east.

Dan

1       2       3              3579      
       3581              4376       4377       end